Do you wish to study at one of the Best Universities abroad? In this article, I will be listing world scholarships in 2020 for students from developing countries.
The World’s Top Universities can be found in different parts of the world – USA, Australia, Canada, UK, Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden, Italy, France, etc. many of these top Universities offer scholarship programs for outstanding international students.
We list scholarship programs offered by Universities included in the top 250 universities around the world in 2020.
- Undergraduate Scholarships at Top Universities
- Bachelors/Masters Scholarships at Top Universities
- Masters Scholarships at Top Universities
- 9. Clarendon Scholarships at University of Oxford (UK)
- 10. Gates Cambridge Scholarships (UK)
- 11. Edinburgh Global Online Distance Learning Scholarships
- 12. Developing Solutions Scholarships at the University of Nottingham (UK)
- 13.TU Delft Excellence Scholarships (Netherlands)
- 14. University of Maastricht High Potential Scholarships (Netherlands)
- 15. Leiden University Excellence Scholarships (Netherlands)
- 16. Erik Bleumink Scholarships at University of Groningen (Netherlands)
- 17. VU University Amsterdam Fellowship Programme (Netherlands)
- 18. Amsterdam Excellence Scholarships (Netherlands)
- 19. University of Twente Scholarships (Netherlands)
- 20. ETH Excellence Scholarships (Switzerland)
- 21. University of Lausanne Master’s Grant for Foreign Students (Switzerland)
- 22. University of Geneva Excellence Master Fellowships (Switzerland)
- 23. Lund University Global Scholarships for Non-EU/EEA Students (Sweden)
- 24. Emily Boutmy Scholarships for International Students at Sciences Po (France)
- Masters/Ph.D. Scholarships at Top Universities
- WE ALSO RECOMMEND
Undergraduate Scholarships at Top Universities
1. International Leader of Tomorrow Award at the University of British Columbia (Canada)
The award is open to fresh undergraduate international students applying to study at the university.
This scholarship offers talented secondary and post-secondary international students from developing countries the opportunity to study at the prestigious University of British Columbia(UBC).
The award ranges in value up to the applicants’ full cost of program and living costs. The value of each award will depend on the applicant’s financial need.
The awards will be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion.
2. Reach Oxford Scholarships (UK)
This Scholarship offers students from developing countries, who because of bad education facilities, political unrest or financial reasons can not pursue an undergraduates study in their home country. The scholarship will cover college and university fees, take care of living expenses and one return ticket per year.
3. Denys Holland Scholarship at University College London (UK)
This is one of the international university scholarships available to students from developing countries. the Denys Holland scholarship offers undergraduates students from any country who without a scholarship will be unable to fund their studies at the university college London (UCL). The scholarship is worth $9000 yearly in which recipients can use all or part for tuition fees.
4. University of Canterbury International First Year Scholarships (New Zealand)
This is also an international university scholarship. The UC international first-year scholarship is one of the ways the University of canterbury assists excellent international students starting their undergraduates to fund their study.
The scholarship is currently awarded with values of $10,000, $15,000 or $20,000.
Bachelors/Masters Scholarships at Top Universities
5. Bristol University International Office Scholarships (UK)
scholarship offered is worth between £8,00-12,000 which can go towards your tuition fee. The University of Bristol is one of the top international universities in the world offers this International Office Scholarships to new international students who wish to pursue an undergraduate or postgraduate taught program at the University.
6. Monash University International Merit Scholarships (Australia)
Outstanding International students that wishing to pursue an undergraduates or postgraduates degree at Monash University is being offered a number of scholarship program including its Monash University International Merit Scholarships.
This scholarship worth up to $50000 based on a five years course.
7. Utrecht University Excellence Scholarships (Netherlands)
The Utrecht university one of the top international universities that offer some of the world Scholarships is offering Utrecht University Excellence Scholarships to outstanding prospective students who want to pursue a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a number of fields at Utrecht University.
The scholarship awarded will cover the tuition fee and 11,000 euro living expenses each year.
8. Bologna University Study Grants for International Students (Italy)
The University of Bologna one of the most famous international universities in the world, known for awarding grants offers deserving international students who wish to register for the First Cycle (Bachelors), Second Cycle (Masters) or Single Cycle Degree Programmes at the University of Bologna.
Every study grant awarded for one academic year worth a total of €11,059 gross of all charges for the beneficiary’s account.
Masters Scholarships at Top Universities
9. Clarendon Scholarships at University of Oxford (UK)
The Clarendon Fund is a major graduate scholarship scheme at the University of Oxford, offering around 140 new scholarships every year to eligible graduate applicants (including international students).
Clarendon Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence and potential across all degree-bearing subjects at the graduate level at the University of Oxford.
All Clarendon Scholarships cover tuition and college fees in full and a generous grant for living expenses.
10. Gates Cambridge Scholarships (UK)
Gates Cambridge Scholarships is one of the World scholarships which offer full-cost awards for graduate study and research in any subject available at the University of Cambridge.
These international university scholarships are open to all international students from all over the world. A Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge namely: university fees, maintenance allowances, airfare, etc.
11. Edinburgh Global Online Distance Learning Scholarships
The University of Edinburgh is one of the best universities with scholarships that will offer 4 scholarships for any distance learning Master’s programs offered by the University.
Each scholarship will cover the full tuition fees and will be tenable for three years.
12. Developing Solutions Scholarships at the University of Nottingham (UK)
Are you from Africa, India or one of the developing countries of the commonwealth who wants to study a master’s degree at the University of Nottingham? Developing Solutions Scholarships are designed for you.
As one of the world’s top universities every year 105 scholarships are being awarded in which 30 of it is a fully-funded scholarship while 75 will cover 50% of the tuition fee.
13.TU Delft Excellence Scholarships (Netherlands)
This scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship which covers full tuition and a monthly allowance. The Delft University of Technology one of the best international universities in the world offers a number of excellent scholarship programs for international students.
The Justus & Louise van Effen scholarship is one of those programs and it aims to financially supporting excellent international MSc students wishing to study at TU Delft.
14. University of Maastricht High Potential Scholarships (Netherlands)
The University of Maastricht High Potential Scholarships is of the world scholarships made available by the UM Scholarship Fund with the aim of encouraging excellent students from outside the EEA to pursue a master’s program at UM.
The scholarship offers tuition fee, living expenses, visa costs, and insurance.
15. Leiden University Excellence Scholarships (Netherlands)
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship Programme (LExS) is open to outstanding Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a master’s degree program offered at Leiden University.
The scholarships come in the form of the following: €10,000 of the tuition fee, €15,000 of the tuition fee, or total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee.
16. Erik Bleumink Scholarships at University of Groningen (Netherlands)
The Erik Bleumink Fund Scholarships are usually awarded for any 1 year or 2 years Master’s degree program offered at the University of Groningen.
The grant covers the tuition fees plus the costs of international travel, subsistence, books, and health insurance.
17. VU University Amsterdam Fellowship Programme (Netherlands)
The VU Fellowship Programme (VUFP) offers talented prospective students from outside the EU/EEA the unique opportunity to pursue a degree in a selection of Master’s programs at VU University.
The scholarship is a tuition fee waiver and does not provide any additional allowance towards study or living costs.
18. Amsterdam Excellence Scholarships (Netherlands)
The Amsterdam Excellence Scholarships (AES) awards scholarships to exceptionally talented students from outside the EU to pursue eligible Master’s Programmes offered at the University of Amsterdam.
The AES is a full scholarship of €25,000 covering tuition and living expenses.
19. University of Twente Scholarships (Netherlands)
University Twente Scholarships (UTS) are scholarships for excellent students from both EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA countries, applying for a graduate program (MSc) at the University of Twente.
The scholarship amount is from € 6,000 – € 25,000 for one year.
20. ETH Excellence Scholarships (Switzerland)
ETH Excellence Scholarships are open to excellent students both from the ETH and from other universities (national and international) wishing to pursue their Master’s degree at ETH Zurich.
The scholarships consist of a full/partial grant covering living and study expenses as well as a tuition fee waiver.
21. University of Lausanne Master’s Grant for Foreign Students (Switzerland)
The University of Lausanne in Switzerland offers scholarships to international students who wish to pursue a Masters Degree at the University through the UNIL Master’s Grants.
The amount of the grant is CHF 1,600.- per month from 15 September to 15 July, for a duration not exceeding the regulation minimum period of the program.
22. University of Geneva Excellence Master Fellowships (Switzerland)
The University of Geneva Faculty of Science, in collaboration with several sponsors, has established an Excellence Fellowship Program to support outstanding and highly motivated candidates who intend to pursue a Master of Science in any of the disciplines covered by the Faculty.
The Excellence Fellowship consists of a grant amounting to CHF 10,000 to CHF 15,000 per year.
23. Lund University Global Scholarships for Non-EU/EEA Students (Sweden)
The Lund University Global Scholarship program is a selective, merit-based scholarship program that recognizes top academic students from outside the European Union/European Economic Area (and Switzerland) who wish to apply for a Bachelor’s or Master’s Programme offered at Lund University.
The scholarships may cover 25%, 50%, 75% or 100% of the tuition fee. It does not cover living costs.
24. Emily Boutmy Scholarships for International Students at Sciences Po (France)
Sciences Po created the Emile Boutmy Scholarships after the founder of Sciences Po in order to attract the very best international students from outside of the European Union who are first-time applicants and who have been admitted to an undergraduate or Master’s program offered at the University.
The Emily Boutmy Master’s Programme can take different forms ranging from €5,000 to €16,000 for 2 years of postgraduate study or €3,000 to €12,300 for 3 years of undergraduate study.
Masters/Ph.D. Scholarships at Top Universities
25. Adelaide Scholarships International (Australia)
The University of Adelaide offers the Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI) program to attract high quality international postgraduate students to areas of research strength in the University of Adelaide to support its research effort.
The scholarships include course tuition fees, annual living allowance, and health insurance.
26. Melbourne Research Scholarships (Australia)
The Melbourne Research Scholarship (MRS) was established by the University of Melbourne and is awarded to high achieving domestic and international research students.
The benefits of the Melbourne Research Scholarship vary depending on your circumstance and may include one or more of the following: living allowance, relocation grant, thesis allowance, and limited paid sick, maternity and parenting leave.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. If no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.