University of Portsmouth Postgraduate Scholarships
The University of Portsmouth is delighted to offer Postgraduate Scholarships exclusively open to Ghanaian and Nigerian student in defined majors below at Portsmouth University. The scholarship winners will receive a benefit of 20% of tuition fee discount.
The Science Faculty offers a number of scholarships for Ghanaian and Nigerian students who have applied for one of the following full-time taught Master’s postgraduate degrees: engineering geology, geological and environmental hazards, environmental geology and contamination, crisis and disaster management, geographical information systems and coastal and marine resource management.
About the School
As the biggest faculty in the University, Science Faculty of the University of Portsmouth has a variety of departments that cover the broad enterprise of science.
Each features top-of-the-range facilities, international researchers and knowledgeable staff to help students achieve the best qualifications possible and advance their understanding of the world around us.
Level/ Field of Study
The scholarship is designed for students who are pursuing a Postgraduate (MSc) degree in one of the following fields engineering, geology, geological and environmental hazards, environmental geology and contamination, crisis and disaster management, geographical information systems and coastal and marine resource management.
The Scholarship is hosted at the University of Portsmouth, UK.
If you are an international student and you desire to study in UK, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in UK
The scholarship is opened to Ghanaian and Nigerian Students.
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The scholarship covers 20% of tuition fee reduction. The award cannot be taken in conjunction with any other fee reduction or bursary offered by the University. The scholarship is a one-off award towards a one-year course fee and is non-renewable and only valid for the study on the courses listed above.
The number of opening for the scholarship is not specified.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
The Scholarship is open to all Nigerian applicants who hold a minimum G.P.A 3.0/5 (which is a high Second Class Lower) in a relevant subject. It is also open to all Ghanaian applicants who hold a minimum of a Second Class Upper in a relevant subject. You can apply to be considered if you:
- Are fully self-funding
- Have Ghanaian or Nigerian nationality
- Have applied to, been offered and accepted a place on the chosen program.
- Have satisfied academic conditions detailed above and have met financial conditions including payment of a non-refundable deposit.
There is no application form to complete. All applicants will be automatically considered for the award based upon the quality of their application form (including personal statement and academic qualifications).
You can commence the application and get more information by clicking on the University official scholarship website
The scholarship deadlines are as follows;
- Applications are open from May 15 2020 – June 15 2020.
Applications submitted before each of these deadlines will be automatically considered in each respective round. Successful candidates will be informed within two weeks of the deadline and must then accept the award and pay the tuition fee deposit to secure the scholarship.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program for African Countries
- Yale Young Global Scholarships At Yale University in USA
- Yale Young African Scholars (YYAS) Program
- UCT and African MasterCard Foundation Scholarships in South Africa
- 120 MasterCard Foundation Scholars Sciences Po Program 2020
- MASTERCARD FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP FOR KENYAN STUDENTS
- Fully Funded MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill University in Canada 2020
- $8,000 Levine Scholarship Program
- TOP 15 Ph.D. SCHOLARSHIPS FOR TRANSPORTATION AND LOGISTICS STUDENTS.
- Stanford University Fully Funded Knight Hennessy Scholars Program For International students USA,
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, Leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. if no, leave an on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
World Scholarship Forum