SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
This scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship for students from Sub-Saharan Africa who demonstrate academic talent, a personal commitment to giving back to their home countries, and face significant economic barriers to higher education.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Toronto is a comprehensive scholarship that provides excellent yet financially disadvantage students from Sub-Saharan Africa with access to relevant university education. The Program aims to educate and enable students to contribute to the economic growth and social development of their countries of origin.
About the University of Toronto
Since 1827, the University of Toronto has one of the strongest research and teaching faculties in North America and consistently ranks among the top universities in the world.
This scholarship opportunity is available for first-entry undergraduate programs
Field of study:
Offers are in either the Faculty of Arts & Science or the Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering at the St. George campus.
Benefits includes travel, tuition, textbooks, housing, food and living expenses; financial, academic, social and post-graduation support which will enable you to gain the experiences and skills you need to succeed.
To be taken in(Country):
Scholarship Number :
15 opportunities are available
Citizens and residents of sub-Saharan African Countries
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program is open to students who are residents and citizens of a Sub-Saharan Africa country. You must be a first-time applicant to the University of Toronto who has not yet begin university study elsewhere.
In order to be eligible, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- is a resident and a graduating high school student of a country within Sub-Saharan Africa
- Demonstrate financial need correspondent to that of the lowest two quintiles of your country
- Have very strong academic results within your school system
- Possess a record of leadership and extracurricular involvement
- Maintain a strong desire to return to Africa to assist and work towards regional socioeconomic development
- Be graduating from a recognize secondary school, or have the necessary academic requirements
- Fulfil the necessary English requirements (dependent on country)
The deadline to apply is December 10th, annually.
A application includes the following components:
- A complete online application – all applicable sections must be fill out, including contact information, financial information, personal details and responses to essay questions.
- Financial documents and Transcript – upload a scan copy of financial documentation and secondary school transcript and any other academic information.
- Two references – provide the names and contact details of two individuals who will serve as your referees. We will contact your referees directly and ask them to submit their letter of reference through a secure website.
You can begin the application by clicking on Online Application
For general information about The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, please visit The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program
To access other opportunities, click
- MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill University in Canada 2018/2019
- Fully Funded MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program at Arizona State University and Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology 2018
- Study In US: MasterCard Foundation Masters Scholarships At University Of California, Berkeley
- (Undergraduate & Masters) MasterCard Scholarship at University of Pretoria for African Students 2018