This scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship for students from Sub-Saharan Africa who demonstrate academic talent, a personal commitment to giving back to their home countries, and face significant economic barriers to higher education.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Toronto is a comprehensive scholarship that provides excellent yet financially disadvantages students from Sub-Saharan Africa with access to relevant university education. The Program aims to educate and enable students to contribute to the economic growth and social development of their countries of origin.
About the University of Toronto
Since 1827, the University of Toronto has one of the strongest research and teaching faculties in North America and consistently ranks among the top universities in the world.
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. Read through for eligibility on how to get our scholarship ebook for free.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched Scholarships 2019
- 2019/2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2019-2020
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2019-2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2019-2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2019-2020
- List of Top 10 Mechanical Engineering Colleges in the World 2019
Don’t miss any of these Scholarship opportunities. You can open any of these opportunities on a new tab.
LEVEL/ FIELD OF STUDY:
University of Toronto MasterCard Foundation Scholarship opportunity is available for the first-entry undergraduate programs in either the Faculty of Arts & Science or the Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering at the St. George campus.. List of eligible Programs with UCAS code 2019. If you wish to explore more information on Undergraduate Scholarships, click on the link.
University of Toronto MasterCard Scholarships is taken in Canada. If you are an international student and you desire to study in Canada, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in Canada. Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
University of Toronto MasterCard Scholarships 2019 is available for students who are Citizens and residents of sub-Saharan African Countries. Aside from University of Toronto MasterCard Scholarships, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Benefits include travel, tuition, textbooks, housing, food and living expenses; financial, academic, social and post-graduation support which will enable you to gain the experiences and skills you need to succeed.
University of Toronto MasterCard Scholarships has 15 opportunities are available
Eligibility for Scholarship
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program is open to students who are residents and citizens of a Sub-Saharan Africa country. You must be a first-time applicant to the University of Toronto who has not yet begin university study elsewhere.
In order to be eligible, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- is a resident and a graduating high school student of a country within Sub-Saharan Africa
- Demonstrate financial need correspondent to that of the lowest two quintiles of your country
- Have very strong academic results within your school system
- Possess a record of leadership and extracurricular involvement
- Maintain a strong desire to return to Africa to assist and work towards regional socioeconomic development
- Be graduating from a recognize secondary school, or have the necessary academic requirements
- Fulfill the necessary English requirements (dependent on country)
An application includes the following components:
- A complete online application – all applicable sections must be filled out, including contact information, financial information, personal details and responses to essay questions.
- Financial documents and Transcript – upload a scanned copy of financial documentation and secondary school transcript and any other academic information.
- Two references – provide the names and contact details of two individuals who will serve as your referees. We will contact your referees directly and ask them to submit their letter of reference through a secure website.
You can begin the application by clicking on Online Application
For general information about The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, please visit The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program
The deadline to apply is December 10th, annually.
To access other opportunities, click
- MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill University in Canada 2018/2019
- Fully Funded MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program at Arizona State University and Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology 2018
- Study In US: MasterCard Foundation Masters Scholarships At University Of California, Berkeley
- (Undergraduate & Masters) MasterCard Scholarship at University of Pretoria for African Students 2018
- APPLICATION LINK
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
Are you a student from Sub-Saharan Africa with academic talent, Check & Apply out the University of Toronto MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, Canada