Applications are currently ongoing for the University of Michigan NCID PhD Fellowships. The National Center for Institutional Diversity (NCID) invites applications from Interested applicants who desire to pursue a PhD fellowship program at the University Of Michigan, USA.
This is a one-year (12 months) fellowship that is aimed at promoting and supporting the work of outstanding early career diversity scholars.
This university-wide, interdisciplinary initiative seeks to bridge exemplary scholarship with multilevel campus-wide engagement and innovation, honoring NCID’s national commitment to institutional diversity and bringing scholarship to practice.
What You Need To Know About The NCID PhD Fellowships
The University of Michigan NCID PhD Fellowships provides the opportunity of protected time for focused scholarship, as well as to engage with the rich intellectual community at the University of Michigan.
Also found in the scheme are postdoctoral fellowships offered to outstanding postdoctoral students.
LEVEL / FIELD OF STUDY:
The University of Michigan NCID PhD Fellowships, unlike its postdoctoral awards, are available to candidates who desire to pursue doctoral degree programs in the USA.
University of Michigan postdoc. fellowships are only available to fellows are done with doctoral levels.
The University of Michigan Fellowship is taken in the USA.
If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for your Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
This fellowship is available for USA students.
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The salary for the postdoctoral fellows is $55,000 per year plus benefits. Fellows will receive additional support for conference travel and other research-related expenses.
There is the potential to renew the fellowship for a second year, dependent on the development of potential collaborative projects with NCID.
Note that this fellowship could be combined with other fellowships to extend the length of the postdoctoral period at the University of Michigan. An example of related programs that can be combined with this is the University of Michigan PostDoc program.
Applicants’ doctoral degrees should be completed between January 1, 2020, and July 1, 2020.
How To Apply For The University Of Michigan NCID PhD Fellowships
The application for the University of Michigan NCID PhD Fellowship will require the submission of:
- Statement of proposed scholarship and writing to be conducted during the fellowship year (2-3 pages in pdf format; references, citations, formulas, and graphics do not count toward the page limit);
- Statement of contribution explaining how the applicant’s scholarship and demonstrated diversity commitments will contribute to both NCID and a related U-M academic or research unit (1-3 pages in pdf format);
- Dissertation abstract;
- Writing sample (should be no more than 35 pages in pdf format e.g., sample publication or research paper in progress, journal article, dissertation chapter; references, citations, formulas, and graphics do not count toward the page limit); and
- At least two letters of recommendation (maximum of three).
Visit The Official Website For More Information
The deadline for the 2020-2021 academic year fellowship has passed. Applications will re-open mid-fall 2020. Do well to keep in touch with the website for updates.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND:
- 2020 GEAS General Training Programme and PhD Fellowships in Germany
- University of Michigan NCID Postdoctoral Fellowship at in USA , 2020
- University of Michigan Scholarships 2020
- $5,000 Amazon Student Scholarship program 2020 | UPDATED
- Central Michigan University Leader Advancement Scholarship, 2020
- 79+ Short Courses in Canada for International Students 2020
- Mexican Government Scholarships for Trinidad and Tobago Students, 2020
- International Fellowship At University of Michigan for Early Career Researchers 2020
Never miss a scholarship again. Subscribe now to our newsletter and be the first to get fresh updates from our platform.
If you got value from this, do well to give us a five rating on the platform. If you have a question or complaint, do let us know in the comment section.