The University of Leicester is calling for applications for Centenary Scholarship to new student starting a full time undergraduate campus-based course in September 2018. International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
The scholarships recognise students who have overcome adversity or made sacrifices in pursuit of their goals, ideally in service to something greater than themselves.
The University of Leicester is a leading UK university committed to international excellence through the creation of world changing research and high quality, inspirational teaching. Leicester is consistently one of the most socially inclusive of the UK’s leading universities with a long-standing commitment to providing fairer and equal access to higher education.
Offer is available to pursue undergraduate programme.
Field of study:
Scholarship is to learn any of the subjects in the university.
Each Centenary Scholar will be awarded a one-off £1,000 cash scholarship to help them with their studies and living expenses.
To be taken in(Country):
Scholarship Number :
One scholarship is available.
International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- must be a new student starting a full time undergraduate campus-based course in September 2018.
- agree to attend an induction event at which you will ask to sign up to participate in at least one Centenary Scholar event or activity.
- demonstrate how you have sacrifice or overcome adversity to achieve your goal. This could range from surviving conflict in your home country, to caring for a family member, to putting in a huge effort to achieve excellence in academic, artistic, sporting or other pursuits.
- If your application is successful, we will ask for evidence before confirming your award.
- Acceptance of a Centenary Scholarship does not affect eligibility for any other scholarship or financial aid schemes.
- In order to study at the University of Leicester, English must be good enough that applicants will fully understand, and benefit from, their degree course (please note that they have slightly different requirements for PhD students).
September 30, 2018
How to Apply:
- Simply write up to 250 words explaining how you exemplify the founding spirit of the University.
- To apply, please complete the application form.
- The closing date for entries is 30 September 2018.
- Winners will be notify during October 2018, and their awards will be in February 2019.
To access other opportunities, click Postgraduate Scholarships