The University of Leeds is calling for applications from international students for Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) Doctoral Prize Fellowship for the academic year 2021.
These prestigious Fellowships aim at supporting you in the development of your independent research and innovation career.
About University of Leeds
The University of Leeds is a Russell Group university in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. The University strives to achieve academic excellence within an ethical framework by our values of integrity, equality, and inclusion, community, and professionalism.
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Offers are available to pursue a doctoral program.
Field of study:
Fellowships are for the Faculties of Engineering, Environment, Biological Sciences and Mathematics, and Physical Sciences.
Salary: Grade 7 (£32,548 – £38,833 p.a., Appointments will be made at spinal point 30 (£32,548 p.a.), plus a £13,000 grant as additional funding for outreach).
To be taken in(Country):
Scholarship Number :
Up to two fellowships are available.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- As an EPSRC Doctoral Prize Fellow, you must have A PhD, have sat their viva, or submitted their thesis for examination between 1 October 2020 and 30 September 2021.
- Been in receipt of EPSRC funding during your PhD, or tied to an EPSRC research grant by having received partial fees and/or maintenance payments from the grant (working on a piece of equipment funded by an EPSRC grant is not acceptable);
- Experience of working in a research laboratory/research environment at a postgraduate level;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with experience of reporting on research progress, such as presenting research results at meetings/conferences or publishing your own research in an international peer-reviewed journal, as appropriate;
- Good time management and planning skills, with the ability to meet tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure;
- An ability to manage competing demands effectively, responsibly and without close support;
- proven ability to work well both individually and as part of a team;
- A strong commitment to your own continuous professional development.
- An excellent communication skills, both written and oral is necessary.
Tuesday 14 April 2021
You can apply for this role by submitting your application to Postgraduate Scholarships at Leeds, email: email@example.com.
Your application should include:
- An EPSRC Doctoral Prize 2021 Application Form;
- A curriculum vitae, including full academic history, research, and publications to date;
- Two references, one of which to be from the principal PhD supervisor.
- The references must be signed and sent as pdf documents to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- A supporting statement with a signature from the relevant Head of School/Institute indicating how the fellowship plans would fit with the School/Institute’s strategy. This statement must be sent as a pdf document. You can begin the application by clicking on Application Form and get more details by clicking the Scholarship Link.
To access other opportunities, click PhD Scholarships