Applications are currently been accepted for the University Of Guelph CGS MSc Scholarships In Canada.
This scholarship program is designed to help develop research skills and assist in the training of highly qualified personnel by supporting students who demonstrate a high standard of achievement in their studies.
The Canada Graduate Scholarships-Master’s (CGS M) Program is to help develop research skills and assist in the training of highly qualified personnel by supporting students who demonstrate a high standard of achievement in undergraduate and early graduate studies.
The selection process and post-award administration for the University Of Guelph CGS MSc Scholarships are carried out at the institutional level, under the guidance of the three agencies.
What You Need To Know About The University Of Guelph CGS MSc Scholarships In Canada
The University Of Guelph CGS MSc Scholarships is offered by the Tri-council which allocates awards to universities specifying the number of awards that each may offer to their students annually.
CGS awards can only be offered to students pursuing the University of Guelph graduate programs at eligible Canadian universities, and the award must be held at the university that has made the offer.
Level/Field of Study
The University of Guelph graduate program scholarship is available to students who wish to study a master’s program at the University Of Guelph. The scholarship is available for all disciplines of academic study.
The scholarship can be taken in CANADA.
The University of Guelph Graduate Scholarship is available to Canadian citizens.
$17,500 for 12 months, non-renewable
The University Of Guelph CGS MSc Scholarships Eligibility:
- Eligible Countries: Canadian students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Entrance Requirement: To be eligible to apply, you must:
- be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada;
- be enrolled in, have applied for, or will apply for full-time admission to an eligible graduate program at the master or doctoral level at a Canadian institution with a CGS M allocation;
- Respect the internal deadline to apply for admission to your intended program of study. Contact the Faculty of Graduate Studies (or its equivalent) at the selected Canadian institution(s) for more detailed information;
- have completed, as of December 31 of the year of application:
- between zero and 12 months of full-time studies (or full-time equivalent) in the program for which you are requesting funding, which may be:
- a master’s program;
- a doctoral program that you are entering without having ever been enrolled in a master’s program (i.e., direct-entry);
- a combined masters doctoral program;
- a master’s program that will transition to an eligible doctoral program, either before or after award activation, with no master’s degree conferred (i.e., fast-track); or
- a master’s program for which the degree requirements will be completed before the end of the award, allowing the award to continue into an eligible doctoral program; or
- between four and 12 months of full-time study (or full-time equivalent) in a master’s program for which the degree requirements will be completed before activation of the award, allowing it to be activated during the subsequent doctoral program for which you are requesting funding (CIHR and NSERC only);
- Not have previously held a CGS M. For CIHR and NSERC, scholarship support for graduate studies (master and doctoral) is limited to a lifetime maximum of four years (48 months) of full
- If you have received the maximum support toward your graduate-level studies by any of the three federal granting agencies, you may not be eligible to apply for a CGS M;
- Have achieved a first-class average**, as determined by the host institution, in each of the last two completed years of study (full-time equivalent);
- submit a maximum of one scholarship application per academic year to either CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC (the Research Portal will allow the application to be submitted to up to three institution
How to Apply
Additionally, the Canadian Common CV (CCV) must be completed and the confirmation number uploaded to the CGS M application on the Research Portal.
- Applications will be reviewed and ranked by the applicant’s proposed or current academic department/school.
- The Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Awards Committee will review the applications and select those that will be offered a CGS M Award at the University of Guelph.
December 1, 2020
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- MTN Ghana Foundation Scholarships: scholarship.mtn.com.gh(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Algerian Government Scholarships (Opens in a new browser tab)
- 79+ Short Courses in Canada for International Students (Opens in a new browser tab)
- CMAAE MSc Scholarships for BMGF Anchor Countries in Africa (Opens in a new browser tab)
- French Embassy Fully Funded Postgraduate Scholarship for South Africans (Opens in a new browser tab)
- PhD Scholarships at Open University in the UK (Opens in a new browser tab)
- University of Guelph International Doctoral Tuition Scholarships in Canada, (Opens in a new browser tab)
- Master’s Degree In the University Of Southern Queensland, One Of Australia’s Best
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if no, leave a comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.