Ghana scholarship Fund 2019
The University of Ghana is accepting applications from students pursuing an undergraduate programme at the University for 2019-2020 (January/February 2019) academic year from the beginning of the second semester. The scholarship offer is strictly for Ghanaian Students studying at the University. Please download and submit the completed form together with supporting documents to the Students Financial Aid Office (SFAO) be the deadline below.
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. Read through for eligibility on how to get our scholarship ebook for free.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched scholarships you can utilize in 2019
- 2019/2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2019-2020
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2019-2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2019-2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2019-2020
What you need to know about University of Ghana
The University of Ghana, the premier university and the largest university in Ghana was founded as the University College of the Gold Coast by Ordinance on August 11, 1948, for the purpose of providing and promoting university education, learning and research.
As a University poised to distinguish itself in the area of research to make an impact at the national and international level, the University has launched a new Strategic Plan.
This new strategic plan (2014-2024) is intended to consolidate the gains made from the review of the University’s mission and practices and situate these within the context of a very dynamic environment of higher education in Ghana and beyond.
What you need to know before applying to study in Ghana
Education is a prominent component of life in Ghana. The country is actively working to improve its literacy rate and strengthen its overall economy as a result. The adult literacy rate here is about 71 percent. Males are more likely to have an education than females. In terms of opportunities for higher education, the country has numerous choices for students.
There are 21 public training colleges in the country, most of which offer specialized education for students who need between one and three years of education. There are 18 technical institutions present and two institutions issuing diplomas. The country also is home to six universities as well as various private programs. The following is a list of the public universities available in the country:
- The University of Ghana
- University of Cape Coast
- University of Education
- University of Mines and Technology
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- University for Develop Studies
Additionally, the country has attracted private investment and school development. In recent years, several new universities have developed, all of which are private institutions. These include:
- Ghana Telecom University Colleges
- Central University College
- Ashesi University College
- Methodist University College of Ghana
- Regent University College of Science and Technology
- Valley View University
Of these, the oldest school in the country is the University of Ghana, which opened its doors in 1948. The focus of education throughout these schools is very diverse. Many students study business, social sciences, and medicine. However, there is also a strong demand for technology-based education, the arts, and the humanities. Perhaps the most well-known school in the region is Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, which has become a top school in this portion of Africa.
Applying for Student Visas
Students will need to obtain a visa to study here. The student visa requires students to already have an active passport and acceptance into a school. An application for office student visas must be sent along with an invitation letter to the embassy for the student to receive a visa. There are fees associated with obtaining the visa, but for most students, the process is simple and straightforward.
Undergraduate Scholarships Ghana 2019
It is important that your eligibility for student financial aid be based on accurate information. In doing so, together, we can ensure that the right students get financial support and that the integrity of the University of Ghana Students Financial Aid programme is preserved.
Misrepresentation in any form or manner shall render an application null and void. Any awards made based on a misrepresentation shall be withdrawn or refunded by the applicant, and in addition, he/she also may be prosecuted.
You are required to submit a completed application form with all the supporting documentation to the SFAO. It is important that you respond fully to all the questions on the form that is applicable to you. You may be asked for additional information.
The scholarships are available for pursuing the undergraduate programme in any field of study at the University.
The scholarship is hosted by the University of Ghana, Legon, Ghana.If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for you Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
The scholarship is open to indigenous students from Ghana. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
These opportunities have a value that includes full and partial tuition fee waiver, fee arrangements and, on-campus work-study or part-time job opportunities for students.
Undergraduate Scholarships Ghana Eligibility:
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Be a Ghanaian citizen
- Be enrolled as a regular student in a full-time programme of study
- Be able to demonstrate financial need
- Be brilliant, and
- Be making excellent academic progress as determined by the University.
Undergraduate Scholarships Ghana Application Procedure:
You are required to read the eligibility page, download the appropriate form and submit a completed application form with all the supporting documentation to the University of Ghana Students Financial Aid Office (SFAO).
It is important that you respond fully to all the questions on the form that is applicable to you. You may be asked for additional information if corrections are needed or if any information/response on your application is not clear.
The next step is an interview with shortlisted applicants. If your application is successful, you will receive written notification describing the kind of financial aid that you have been awarded. The award would be credited to your student account at the University of Ghana.
The following are examples of documents that can be used to support applications:
- An official pay slip or payroll record of parents/guardians or the applicant.
- Recent school receipts/bills of siblings of school going age.
- Tax return receipts– IRS, VAT, tabletop hawking receipts, etc.
- Birth Certificates (of siblings).
- Death Certificate or Burial permit (in case of death of a parent).
- Pension letter for retired parents/guardians.
- Bank Statements/Ghana Cocoa Board Farmers Association Passbook.
- SSNIT contribution statements.
- Money transfer receipts.
- National Health Insurance receipts (showing premium paid).
- Evidence of other dependants of parents/guardians.
Any other supporting documents that you believe will assist in the processing, of your application.
If you are applying for UG Sponsorship for the first time or was unsuccessful with your previous application please download and use SFAO FORM I (New applicants)
If you have previously been awarded UG Sponsorship 2018 or an earlier one from SFAO, then please download and use SFAO FORM II (Renewal).
If you have any questions you may call the Students Financial Aid Office on 0302-945312/0205-186904 or send an email to [email protected]. You may also walk in during working hours to make inquiries.
You can begin the application and get more details by clicking the Scholarship Link
by 2.00 pm, Friday, February 22, 2019.
We recommend other scholarship opportunities.
- Kwame Nkrumah Chair in African Studies 2019
- Institute for Human Sciences Milena Jesenska Fellowship for Journalists in Austria
- Mastercard Foundation Scholarships Scheme for International Students
- 2019 Fully-funded Ashinaga Undergraduate Scholarships for Orphans from sub-Saharan Africa
- OGE Merit-Based Scholarship for International Students in USA, 2019
- University of Cambridge Scholarship Opportunities 2019-2020
- FULLY FUNDED SCHOLARSHIPS: SECRETS, BENEFITS AND HOW TO WIN
- West London University International Ambassador Scholarships 2019-2020 – UK
- 2019 National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS)
- DAAD Scholarships for Masters at Asian Institute of Technology in Thailand, 2019
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends.
- APPLICATION LINK
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
The University of Ghana is recieving applications from students pursuing an undergraduate programme in the University for the 2019 academic year. APPLY NOW