Entries are now been accepted for the University of Exeter Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme UK 2020.
The University of Exeter has officially announced the offer of scholarships in partnership with the UK Department for International Development (DFID) and the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK (CSC) for students from developing Commonwealth countries who would not otherwise be able to study a Masters program in the United Kingdom.
Admission to the university is very competitive. Exeter had the 13th highest average entry qualification for undergraduates of any UK university.
The Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme is a joint initiative between the UK Department for International Development (DFID) and UK universities, to support students from developing Commonwealth countries who would not otherwise be able to study a Masters programme in the United Kingdom.
The table of content below will guide you on how to apply for this scholarship.
What You Need To Know About University Of Exeter
The University of Exeter is a public research university in Exeter, Devon, South West England, United Kingdom.
The university was founded and received its Royal Charter in 1955, although its predecessor institutions, the Royal Albert Memorial College and the University College of the South West of England, were established in 1900 and 1922 respectively.
In post-nominals, the University of Exeter is abbreviated as Exon. (from the Latin Exoniensis), and is the suffix given to honorary and academic degrees from the university.
Level/Field of study:
The University of Exeter scholarships will grant a total of five awards to students pursuing a masters degree in any/one of the following courses:
- LLM Law
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- MSc Food Security and Sustainable Agriculture
- MA Theatre Practice
- MSc Environment & Human Health
- MSc International Tourism Management
All scholarships are taken at the University of Exeter, United Kingdom. If you are an international student and you desire to study in the US.
The scholarships are available for international students from Commonwealth countries. Aside from these, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
An interested candidate can apply for this scholarship if they:
- Are a Commonwealth citizen, refugee or British protected person permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country (please see the CSC’s webpage in the link below for a list of eligible countries) AND;
- Are classed as an overseas student for fee purposes AND;
- Have not studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a developed country AND;
- Are unable, either yourself or through your family, to pay to study in the UK AND;
- Are not currently studying at a University of Exeter campus or are not a University of Exeter graduate AND;
- By August 2018, hold a first degree of either first or upper second class (2:1) classification, or lower second class (2:2) classification plus a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a masters degree) AND;
- Hold an offer to start a full-time master’s degree program at Exeter in September 2018 in one of the following courses above.
Please note that all candidates must have met the English Language Requirements before applying.
Fully-funded scholarships for students from developing Commonwealth countries:
- 100% of tuition fees;
- return airfare to the UK;
- a maintenance award and additional allowances
To apply for the scholarship please use the Electronic Application System (EAS).
Updates on the application deadline will be communicated shortly.
We Also Recommend
We have other great scholarship opportunities that might be of help to you
- TED Fellows Program 2020 | Updated
- Johnstone Family Scholarship in Australia
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIP FOR KENYA
- Government of Mauritius African undergraduate Scholarships
- Elims Undergraduate Scholarships For International Students
- Commonwealth Class Short Story Writing Competition
- TÜBİTAK Scholarship 2020 in Turkey (UPDATED)
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response in the comment box for us to serve you better.