SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
The university of British Columbia is pleased to call for application from eligible Canadians to hurry and apply for the UNIVERSITY OF BRITISH COLUMBIA ACHIEVEMENT SCHOLARSHIP 2018, only candidates that have ensured that they have complied with the eligibility criteria will be given considerations for this scholarship program.Hurry and apply now!!!
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY OF BRITISH COLUMBIA:
The University of British Columbia (UBC) is a public research university with campuses in Vancouver and Kelowna, British Columbia. Established in 1908, UBC is British Columbia’s oldest institution of higher learning. The university is ranked among the top 20 public universities worldwide and top two in Canada. With an annual research budget of $600 million (one of the largest in Canada), UBC funds over 8,000 projects a year.
The Vancouver campus is situated about 10 km (6 mi) west of Downtown Vancouver.UBC is home to TRIUMF, Canada’s national laboratory for particle and nuclear physics, which houses the world’s largest cyclotron. In addition to the Peter Wall Institute for Advanced Studies and Stuart Blusson Quantum Matter Institute, UBC and the Max Planck Society collectively established the first Max Planck Institute in North America, specializing in quantum materials.One of the largest research libraries in Canada, the UBC Librarysystem has over 9.9 million volumes among its 21 branches. The Okanagan campus, acquired in 2005, is located in Kelowna, British Columbia.
The U.S. News and World Report and Times Higher Education rank UBC among the top 20 best public universities worldwide and top two nationwide. UBC is internationally recognized in STEM fields, ranking 10th in Computer Science, 5th in Ecology, 22nd in Mathematics, and 25th in Medicine.In the humanities, the university ranks 22nd in Literature, 28th in Law, and 23rd in Economics worldwide.
As one of the highest ranking Tertiary institutions in Canada, students from within and outside of Canada are continuously seeking admission into UBC during any admission period. The acceptance rate of the institution, through competitive, is also remarkably high as recoreded over the past years.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE UBC ACHIEVEMENT SCHOLARSHIP 2018:
The UBC achievement scholarship is regarded as a provincial scholarship program because it has kept on acknowledging top students in their hundred in the province. Though the recipients of this scholarship is usually determined through their scholarly achievements in their grades 10,11 and 12,students like you who thinks that they are not qualified have also been able to get this scholarship often as long as you have shown a strong desire to make a difference and beat your past records, SO wait or nothing, Hurry and apply!!!
Scholarships and awards for Canadian students:
UBC is strongly committed to recognizing students for academic excellence and leadership. Last year, UBC and its donors awarded $15 million to incoming UBC students for excellent grades, community and school involvement, and demonstrated leadership.
The following awards are available to Canadian students:
- Major Entrance Scholarships
- Schulich Leader Scholarships
- UBC Centennial Scholars Entrance Award
- Awards for Aboriginal students
OTHER SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE AT UBC INCLUDES:
- BC Achievement Scholarships
- BC Excellence Scholarships
- District / Authority Scholarships
- Pathway to Teacher Education Scholarships
LEVEL OF STUDY:
FIELD OF STUDY:
This scholarship program is for any field of study available at the University of British Columbia
The UBC achievement scholarship is to be taken in Canada
SCHOLARSHIP BENEFITS :
The candidates for this scholarship program receive thousands of dollars to take care of their tuition and other financial responsibilities throughout their tenure of study
To be considered worthy of this scholarship, students are been expected to have met with the scholarship ELIGIBILITY AND BASIC ELIGIBILITY requirements as stated below:
BASIC ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT:
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (landed immigrant) at the time of registration in the school year for which the scholarship is awarded
- Must be a B.C. resident.
- Must be or have been in the school year for which the scholarship is awarded :
- Enrolled in a British Columbia public school (including Distributed Learning schools), or
- Enrolled in a Group 1, 2, or 4 British Columbia Independent School, or
- Enrolled in a Continuing Education Centre, or
- Registered with a public, independent, francophone or distributed learning school in B.C. as a homeschooled child
In addition, recipients must meet the selection criteria for each scholarship. Detailed information on eligibility criteria and application process for each scholarship is available in the Handbook of Procedures for the Graduation Program (PDF).
- Meet basic eligibility requirements
- Fulfil graduation requirements of the 2004 Graduation Program by August 31 of the student’s graduating year
- Have at least a “B” (73% or above) in their Language Arts 12 course
- Write and pass a Language Arts 12 provincial examination
- Have no more than one Transfer Standing (TS) or Standing Granted (SG) indicator among course marks used for the calculation of winners, excluding Language Arts 12, which must have a percentage score
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this scholarship, we understand that candidates would need a proper guide to make their application and within the application record time and that is why we shall refer you to this BC official link to get more details on the BC achievement scholarship application. please Click Here
Latest updates on the application deadline for this scholarship will be communicated as soon as it is made available, please stay tuned
WE ALSO RECOMMEND THAT YOU SEE THE FOLLOWING ARTICLES AS THE CONTAIN RELEVANT SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION: