The University of Bradford in the UK is offering Sanctuary scholarships 2020 to prospective students and students. The University is providing these University of Bradford scholarships to enable asylum seekers or those who have already been recognized as refugees and can not access the funding for their studies to complete higher education.
Here is a table of what to expect.
- What Are The Benefits of The University of Bradford Sanctuary Scholarships for Asylum Seekers?
- Who Can Apply For The University of Bradford Sanctuary Scholarships for Asylum Seekers? | Eligibility
- Host Nationality
- Application Procedure For The University of Bradford Sanctuary Scholarships for Asylum Seekers
- Application Deadline
- AUTHOR’S RECOMMENDATION
What Are The Benefits of The University of Bradford Sanctuary Scholarships for Asylum Seekers?
Successful scholarship holders at the University of Bradford receive:
- Study Scholarship: Successful students are offered free (free) at the university until they receive the status that gives them access to student funding (if applicable).
- Travel and Course Fee Allowance: Successful students receive a £500 grant per year (if applicable) to cover travel and course expenses.
- Personal Assistance: In addition to providing fees, students will be supported to identify and overcome barriers to the success of their study program and future careers.
- The University of Bradford cannot provide financial support for housing or livelihood. Students only have to apply if they can bear these costs during their studies. Students have to provide evidence.
The University of Bradford scholarships have an unspecified number of offers.
Who Can Apply For The University of Bradford Sanctuary Scholarships for Asylum Seekers? | Eligibility
To be considered eligible for the scholarship, the applicants must be;
- an asylum seeker or partner / dependent on an asylum seeker; OR
- an asylum seeker/refugee/partner/dependent on whom a discretionary leave (DLR) or
- other forms of temporary status have been granted, OR
- a refugee who, due to previous studies, has no access to student funding;
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer from the University of Bradford for September 2019 start. For undergraduate study, you need to apply for a Bradford course via UCAS
- Please also note that you have to apply through UCAS for your university place AND to the University of Bradford for the Scholarship by completing the application form.
- Do not assume that because you have an offer for a course at Bradford that you will be automatically considered for the Scholarship because you will not.
- Postgraduate students will need to apply for a place on a course via the University of Bradford website.
- Applicants must meet these strict eligibility criteria and be in a position to verify their circumstances in order to apply.
- Applicants who do not meet the criteria will not be considered for the scholarship.
- Currently attending a school, college, community or voluntary group which can provide a reference in support of your application
- You are also able to get a scholarship/scholarship funding to attend a Pre-sessional English preparation course if your English language level is not high enough to meet the entry requirements of the University/your course. All students will be assessed on an individual basis.
- Do not require support for living expenses or accommodation
- Live within the Bradford Metropolitan District Council Area, or live within a commutable distance to the University and be able to cover your travel costs yourself, or be able to relocate to Bradford without requiring extra financial support
- Unable to access mainstream funding, e.g. student finance or a local authority grant. Those that are classed as care leavers and previously were under local authority care can however apply
- Former NHS-funded courses such as Nursing, Midwifery, Physiotherapy, and Radiography will be included in the scholarship this year.
- Premium fee courses in the Faculty of Management and Law e.g. the MBA are not covered by this award.
- Students from all countries, who meet the criteria, are eligible.
Level/Field of Study
University of Bradford scholarships are meant for students who are pursuing an undergraduate and postgraduate degree in any field of study in the Unversity of Bradford. If you wish to explore more information on Undergraduate Scholarships, click on the link.
Sanctuary Scholarships 2019 are taken at theUniversity of Bradford, UK. If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for you.
International applicants seeking asylum, or those already granted refugee status who cannot access student finance, to participate in higher education are qualified for Sanctuary Scholarships 2020.
Application Procedure For The University of Bradford Sanctuary Scholarships for Asylum Seekers
- The application form is available on the website. Please read the instructions carefully before use.
- You must provide a statement from a sponsor in support of your application. Without this, he will not be able to study your application.
- Please complete and submit the application form or send it by e-mail – the details can be found on the form.
- Remember to include proof of your qualifications if you have any of the testimony of your referee.
For more information or questions you can:
E-Mail: [protected E-Mail]
Tel: 01274 236637
Or, call the My Bradford Student Help Center in the Richmond Building.
The application deadline for the University of Bradford scholarships falls on June 30 annually.
- Western Sydney International Bursary 2019-2020
- King’s Undergraduate Summer Scholarships for International Students in UK, 2019
- Top 6 Universities In London and Their Tuition fees
- Imperial Executive MBA Scholarships for International Students in UK, 2017
- Denny’s Hungry for Education (HFE) Scholarship 2019-2020
- Princeton in Africa Fellowship Programme 2019-2020
- Fully Funded MasterCard Foundation Scholarships for Kenyans 2019
- Bachelor of International Development Scholarship at Humber Business School, Canada
- Study in EU business School: Admission Requirements, Rankings, Tuition Fees, Scholarships
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if no, leave a comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.