SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
In recognition of the significant contribution made to the University of Melbourne by international students and the University’s commitment to equity and diversity, the University is proud to award undergraduate scholarships to international students commencing study in an undergraduate degree.
Know about University of Melbourne
University of Melbourne is a leading research university located in Melbourne, Australia. Founded in 1853, it is the oldest university in Victoria and second oldest in Australia.
Located at PARKVILLE VIC 3010, AUSTRALIA, it is part of the “sandstone universities” and “Group of Eight” which connotes prestige and academic excellence such as in the “Ivy Leagues” in America.
The University of Melbourne (UNIMELB) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as pre-bachelor degrees (i.e. certificates, diplomas, associate or foundation degrees), bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study.
University of Melbourne Ranking
Its high global rankings show its excellence in education. The University of Melbourne is ranked 33rd globally by the Times Higher Education and 41st by QS World Rankings. In addition, its graduate employability ranking is 11th globally which shows the readiness of its students to work immediately after graduation.
The University of Melbourne is not just outstanding in its rankings but also in the success of its alumni. The University of Melbourne is associated with up to nine Nobel Laureates in its alumni and faculty which is the highest of all university’s Nobel Laureates.
University of Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarships
University of Melbourne is offering undergraduate scholarships for international students. The International Undergraduate Scholarships were established by the University of Melbourne in recognition of the significant contribution made by international students to the diversity of the University’s student population.You do not need to submit an application for this scholarship.
All eligible students who have received an unconditional offer for admission to an undergraduate degree will automatically be considered.
The scholarship is available for undergraduates who are currently pursuing any of the courses offered in the University of Melbourne
The Melbourne university scholarships is taken and hosted in University of Melbourne, Australia If you are an international student and you desire to study in Australia, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in the Australia
Melbourne university scholarships covers:
50% fee remission scholarships
a 50% remission from tuition fees for the normal duration of an undergraduate degree, does not cover an honours year and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).
100% fee remission scholarships
a 100% remission from tuition fees for the normal duration of an undergraduate degree, does not cover an honours year, and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).
$10,000 fee remission scholarships
a one off $10,000 fee remission from tuition fees in the first year of an undergraduate degree, does not cover an honours year, and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).
Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarships are targeted for International students (other than Australia and New Zealand). Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The number of offer for Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarships is 50. Its selection criteria is strictly based on merit.
Eligibility for Scholarship
To be considered for a fee remission scholarship you must:
- be a citizen of a country other than Australia and New Zealand and not a permanent resident of Australia;
- have received an unconditional offer for an undergraduate course;
- have achieved excellent final year school results, such as:4 A-grades in the GCE A Levels an ATAR of 99.9 in the Australian Year 12 program,overall 98% in an approved Foundation program an International Baccalaureate (IB) score of 44; and
- not have previously undertaken any tertiary studies (excluding extension studies completed as part of a year 12 program);
Scholarship Application Procedures
- There is no separate application for the scholarship program.
- All eligible students who have submitted a course application will automatically be considered and ranked against other international applicants on the basis of academic merit.
- Scholarship Application due date: All eligible students who have submitted a course application by the deadlines i.e. late December and 31 May will automatically be considered and ranked against other international applicants on the basis of academic merit.
International Undergraduate Fee Remission Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit and allocated on a competitive basis subject to quotas by course and region. Scholarships have been awarded to students from countries such as Mexico, Singapore, Bangladesh, China, Mauritius, Sweden, Malaysia, USA and India.
There are five selection rounds with a designated number of scholarships available for each round:
- November, December and January for student starting in Semester 1 or 2
- April and May for students starting in Semester 2
Successful candidates will be notified via email within two weeks of the selection round being held.
If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
- It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
The deadline for the scholarship is 31 May in the academic year
We also recommend the following scholarships
- Top Achiever undergraduate Scholarships at University of Auckland in New Zealand
- Adelaide International Undergraduate Scholarships (AIUS) in Australia 2018
- University of Melbourne MLS Postdoctoral Fellowship Program in Australia, 2018
- Undergraduate Adelaide International Scholarships (AIUS) in Australia, 2018
- International Undergraduate Partner scholarship At University of Melbourne 2018
- Top 10 Scholarships in Australia For International Students 2018