City, University of London, and the South-East Network for Social Science are now accepting applications for Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) PhD studentship awards within the field of Business and Management and Economics.
The City, University of London Scholarship Programme aims to provide financial support to undergraduates coming from the lowest household income groups.
City University London is a leading global University committed to academic excellence focused on business and the professions and located in the heart of London. A university is proud of the quality of their education, research, and enterprise and is ranked within the top 2% of universities in the world.
Course Level: Studentship is available to pursue doctoral degree programme.
Study Subject: City, University of London, and the South-East Network for Social Science invite applications for Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) PhD studentship awards within the following fields:
- Business and Management
Scholarship Award: If you are successful in attracting a SeNSS studentship you will:
- Have your fees paid and receive a stipend to cover your living expenses (subject to residential eligibility in the UK; EU residents will have only their fees paid; students from outside the EU are only eligible to apply for the Economics pathway).
- Be eligible to apply for further financial support for training and research expenses, such as conference trips, overseas fieldwork, and learning a language or other skill integral to your research project.
- Benefit from an inspiring research training environment that empowers you to develop your skills and knowledge and contribute to City’s body of research Programme.
- Benefit from City’s location in central London which puts you at the heart of the business, finance, the creative industries, law, and government.
Number of Scholarships: Number of scholarship is not given.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Nationality: SeNSS studentships are only open to UK and EU students who meet the RCUK residency requirements. International students may apply for the Economics pathway but are not eligible for any other pathway.
Eligibility: To be eligible for a full award you must have:
- Settled status in the UK, meaning there are no restrictions on how long you can stay in the UK; AND
- Been ‘ordinarily resident’ in the UK for 3 years prior to 30 September 2017, when the studentship starts. ‘Ordinarily resident’ means that you must have been normally residing in the UK (apart from any temporary or occasional absences; AND
- Not be residing in the UK wholly or mainly for the purpose of full-time education. However, this criterion does not apply to UK or EU nationals.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English must have achieved at least 6.5 in IELTS or a recognized equivalent.
How to Apply: Once your application is complete, you must submit it online. Please note that the final deadline for applying for a SeNSS studentship is set by your chosen university. Please ask their named administrator what this deadline is, as you must meet this deadline. A list of the named administrators follows at the end of this guidance.
- Checklist of documents required for your application
- Course/module transcripts, award letters or degree certificates, as evidence of your relevant higher education or training;
- Your letter of support from your collaborative partner (if your application has a collaborative element);
- Your proposed primary supervisor’s statement; and,
- Your two references.
Application Deadline: The deadline for applications to the City, University of London is midnight January 21, 2018.