The university of Leuven in Belgium is pleased to call for applications for the PhD Position on First -Principles Modelling of 2D Materials, eligible persons are welcome to apply before the stated deadline.
The KU Leuven also known as the University of Leuven, is a research university in the Dutch-speaking city of Leuven in Flanders, Belgium.
Course Level: PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of modelling and simulations of various 2D materials and their heterostructures using state-of-the-art first-principles modelling approaches.
Scholarship Award: Scholarship will cover the following:
- Scholarship for the entire PhD project (4 years).
Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- The student with a Master in Physics, Physical Engineering or in Nanosciences and Nanotechnology, with a strong interest in theoretical condensed matter physics and materials modelling.
- The project also involves a strong interaction with colleagues involved in the growth and experimental characterization of materials and devices.
Nationality: Applicants from Belgium are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online:
- Materials of interests include:
- Graphene, functionalized by magnetic atoms/clusters for spintronic applications
transition metal (di)chalcogenides and their heterostructures, for their potential applications in e.g., tunnel field effect transistors.
- 2D metal oxides, such as ZnO and SnO, for their use as gate dielectrics in van der Waals heterostructures, or as active channel materials in spin-based devices
Application Deadline: The application deadline is November 30, 2017.