SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
The University of Exeter is offering Languages for World Peace and Understanding Scholarship. Scholarships are open to the student who will be undertaking a study abroad year in a Spanish and/ or French speaking country.
The University of Exeter is a public research university located in Exeter, Devon, South West England, United Kingdom.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue the undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in any of the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: The Languages for World Peace and Understanding Scholarship is worth £500 and is awarded each year.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken at Study Abroad in a Spanish and/ or French speaking country
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Only undergraduate students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Students must be intending to spend at least 6 months of the 2017-18 academic year travelling in a Spanish and/ or French speaking country.
- Applications are not restricted to students studying within the Department of Modern Languages, but applicants must be able to satisfy the Selection Panel that they have adequate knowledge of the language of the country they propose to visit.
- Students must not be nationals of the country they propose to visit.
Nationality: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Students must be intending to spend at least 6 months of the 2017-18 academic year travelling in a Spanish and/ or French speaking country.
English language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Please submit the completed forms to the Taught Faculty Office, The Old Library, Room 16 or facultyoffice-at-exeter.ac.uk. If you are interested in applying for the Languages for World Peace and Understanding Scholarship, the application form to be completed is available online. (Please save or print a copy for your records.)
This form should be completed in full to include information regarding why you are applying for the scholarship, details of the country you will be visiting and how you would spend the scholarship money if your application is successful. In addition to your application, a reference is required, so please download the complete Part 1 and then forward to your named referee (who should be a member of academic staff) for completion of Part 2 and submission.
The application materials for the Scholarship consist of:
- This covering letter,
- A three-page application form to be completed by yourself,
- A reference form, which should be completed by your chosen referee (who must be a University of Exeter academic member of staff) and countersigned by your Associate Dean Education with any additional comments that they may wish to make in support of your application).
Application Deadline: The deadline for receiving applications is May 26, 2017.