The University of Copenhagen is delighted to invite applications for PhD Fellowship in “Stable Milk Concentrates” within the Department of Food Science, Faculty of Science. International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
The research aims to understand the limits of concentration and the role of milk individual components on thermal and storage stability of concentrates, and identify ways to extend their shelf-life. Concentrates will be produced by membrane technologies.
The University of Copenhagen is the oldest university and research institution in Denmark. Founded in 1479 as a studium generale, it is the second oldest institution of higher education in Scandinavia after Uppsala University.
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded within the Faculty of Science under the subject “Stable Milk Concentrates”.
Scholarship Award: The position will be filled according to the agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The post is covered by the Protocol on Job Structure.
The University of Copenhagen wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Denmark
Eligibility: Key criteria for the assessment of candidates
- Master degree in food engineering, dairy technology or equivalent
- Expertise in membrane technology
- Expertise in food structure or chemistry
- Interest to perform experiments across scales (lab, pilot, full-scale)
- Interest in understanding the effects of process on product properties
- The grade point average achieved
- Relevant work experience
- Language skills
- Interpersonal skills
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Master degree in food engineering, dairy technology or equivalent
English language Requirements: Applicants must have good language skills.
How to Apply: Apply by clicking ‘Apply online’ below.
Applications – in English – must include:
- Cover letter describing your motivation for the position
- Curriculum vitae
- Diplomas and transcripts of grades (Master degree)
- Other information for consideration, e.g. MSc thesis, list of publications
- Applicants whose principal language of instruction during their BSc/MSc was not Scandinavian or English must enclose IELTS or TOEFL test scores.
Application Deadline: The application must be received no later than May 8, 2017.