SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
University College London is inviting applications for three research fellowships opportunities from home and international students. Applicants must be applying to start a new full-time research programme at University College London.
UCL’s Excellence Fellowship Programme seeks to recruit the highest calibre early career researchers from leading international institutions, supporting them to establish their independent career and become the outstanding research leaders of the future.
University College London (UCL) is a public research university in London, England, and a constituent college of the federal University of London. UCL has made cross-disciplinary research a priority and orientates its research around four “Grand Challenges”, Global Health, Sustainable Cities, Intercultural Interaction and Human Wellbeing.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue research.
Study Subject: These fellowships will be are awarded across the full range of disciplines in life and medical sciences.
Scholarship Award: Fellows will receive salary support (see guidelines) and up to £50,000 in research expenses.
Number of Scholarships: Three fellowships are available.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for fellowship:
- There are no restrictions on nationality; however, you will be required to provide evidence of your eligibility to work in the UK before commencing any fellowship offered.
- Fellowships are available to clinical and non-clinical candidates who have not yet established an independent research career.
- Candidates should have been awarded a PhD or equivalent research-related degree prior to application
Nationality: Applicants of all nationalities can apply for these scholarships
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Students must have the previous degree.
English language Requirements: students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
How to Apply Applicants can apply through the online processor.
- Compile the following documents into a single pdf document:
- Prepare and upload “Supporting Documents” (see above for details).
- Upload your CV in the “upload CV” section.
- Complete the information required in the online application.
- From near the bottom of the job vacancy page, download the application form (Word).
- Enter the UCL’s online recruitment system. Search for the vacancy (using “Excellence Fellowship” or Job Ref # 1635504) and click on the job title.
- Read the guidance documentation and FAQs in full.
- A completed application form (Word), downloaded from the job vacancy page.
- A letter of support from the UCL Sponsor(s) (maximum one A4 side). The letter must confirm and detail the space and resources that will be provided. If your contact at UCL is not a Head of Research Department or Division/Institute Director, their support letter must be co-signed by the relevant Head of Research Department and Division/Institute Director as proof that they all have reviewed and approved the provision of space and resources.
- Your CV (maximum three A4 sides) plus full publication list. (Publications do not count towards the three-page limit).
- A research proposal outlining the planned research, with emphasis on vision and ambition (maximum two A4 sides, no less than Arial pt 11 font, references can be on a separate page). Should it be relevant to your research programme, please include an additional brief section (150-word maximum) on any likely health, technology or other possible impacts from your research?
- A covering letter explaining why you are applying for this fellowship and outlining career goals, plans for future funding applications and justification for applying to UCL (maximum one A4 side)
- A sponsor at UCL (see guidance for details)
- Guidance document
- The completed application form (see point 3 above)
- Covering letter
- Research proposal
- Letter of support from the UCL Sponsor(s)
Application Deadline: Fellowships is application deadline is May 10, 2017.