The Department of Information Systems, University of Cape Town (UCT) is delighted to invite eligible scholars to hurry and apply for the University of Cape Town,Postdoctoral Fellowships in Mobile bullying & Information Security 2018, all applications as it relates to this program must be submitted before the program deadline.
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
Fellowships are available for pursuing postdoctoral programme.
Fellowships are awarded in the field of Mobile bullying & Information Security.
The value of the Fellowship is fixed at R150 000 per annum and is tenable for one year. No relocation expenses are available. An additional R60 000 will be available during the year for Miscellaneous expenses and conference travel. The Fellowships carry no benefits and a directive for tax exemption will be applied for by UCT on behalf of the successful candidate.
Scholarship can be taken in
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Both South African and foreign candidates are eligible.
- Entrance Requirements:
Applicants must have completed their doctoral study in the last five years.
Applicants may not previously have held full-time academic posts.
The applicant will be expected to have an outstanding educational profile in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline, with evidence of interest and an ability to undertake research in the above-mentioned fields.
The successful candidate will be expected to publish at least one journal publications in DoE accredited journals, and at least one DoE-conformant conference paper, during the year of tenure.
The successful candidate will be required to enter into a Memorandum of Agreement with the University of Cape Town and a Memorandum of Understanding with his/her Principal Investigator.
The successful candidate will be required to comply with the University of Cape Town’s approved policies, procedures and practises for the postdoctoral sector.
English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
Applications must include the following:
- A covering letter explaining the candidate’s suitability and experience, as well as his/her availability.
- The applicant’s full curriculum vitae and a full list of publications.
- The names (and contact details) of at least two academics who have taught, supervised or worked alongside the applicant.
- Certified copies of all academic transcripts (undergraduate, Honours (if applicable), Masters (if applicable) and PhD). Please do not include copies of certificates.
- All applicants are subject to the policies, procedures and rules surrounding the postdoctoral sector at the University of Cape Town.
How to Apply:
Potential candidates are encouraged to contact Professor Michael Kyobe informally well before the application deadline, including a CV, and a research proposal.