SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Applications are invited at the University of Bologna for the 33rd cycle of PhD Scholarship programme for academic year 2017/2018. Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
The University of Bologna, founded in 1088, was the first university and is the oldest in the world. It was the first place of study to use the term university for the corporations of students and masters which came to define the institution, located in Bologna, Italy.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the following subject areas:
Subject area and PhD Programme:
Biological, Geological and Agricultural Sciences: Agricultural, Environmental and Food Science and Technology Biotechnological, Biocomputational, Pharmaceutical and Pharmacological Sciences Cellular and Molecular Biology Earth, Life and Environmental Sciences Science and Culture of Well-being and Lifestyles.
Legal, Politological, Economic and Statistical Sciences: European Law European Tax Law Law, Science and Technology Legal Studies Management Political and Social Sciences Sociology and Social Research Statistical Sciences.
Engineering Studies: Architecture and Design Cultures, Biomedical, Electrical and System Engineering Civil, Chemical, Environmental and Materials Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Data Science and Computation Electronics, Telecommunications and Information Technologies Engineering Mechanics and Advanced Engineering Sciences – DIMSAI Structural and Environmental Health Monitoring and Management – SEHM2.
Mathematical Physical, Chemical and Astronomical Sciences: Astrophysics, Chemistry, Geophysics and Mathematics.
Medical, Pharmaceutical and Veterinary Medical Sciences: Nanoscience for Medicine and the Environment Physics Medical, Pharmaceutical and Veterinary Medical Sciences Biomedical and Neuromotor Sciences Cardio Nefro Thoracic Sciences General Medical and Services Sciences Oncology, Hematology and Pathology Surgical Sciences Veterinary Sciences.
Humanistic Studies: Cultural Heritage Studies Global Histories, Cultures, and Politics History and Archaeology. Studies on Heritage, Memory and Cultures Jewish Studies Literary and Philological Cultures Modern Languages, Literatures, and Culture Pedagogical Sciences Philosophy, Science, Cognition, and Semiotics – PSCS Psychology Visual, Performing and Media Arts Translation, Interpreting, Intercultural Studies.
Scholarship Award: The yearly gross amount of the scholarships is € 13.638,47. The yearly gross amount of the scholarships of the PhD Programme in Data Science and Computation is € 19.367. The scholarships are paid in monthly instalments in arrears. The amount of the scholarship is increased by 30% for the periods spent abroad authorised by the Academic Board. This increase is not allowed for periods lasting less than one continuous month as well as for stays in the Country of birth, citizenship, residence or abode of the PhD candidate.
Number of Scholarships: The PhD programme tables state the number of positions and of scholarships available, including those dedicated to specific research topics.
Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility: Regardless of age and citizenship, applicants with the following academic qualifications can apply for admission:
- An Italian university degree (laurea specialistica or magistrale – 3+2 years or combined degree Bachelor’s+ Master’s);
- An Italian university degree obtained under the pre-reform system (“vecchio ordinamento”);
- Any equivalent academic qualification issued abroad, recognised as equivalent to the above mentioned Italian academic qualifications, for the sole purpose of participation in the application for admission to the PhD programme. All applicants who have obtained the above degrees in an Italian public University are admitted for selection subject to verification of self-declarations pursuant to the Presidential Decree No. 445/2000 and modifications.
Nationality: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: An Italian university degree (laurea specialistica or magistrale – 3+2 years or combined degree Bachelor’s+ Master’s).
English language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: In order to apply, the applicant must:
- visit the website
- Enter data required for registration. Applicants will then receive both credentials name.surname-at-unibo.it
- And the relevant email account, where potential information concerning the admission process will be sent to; select “Entrance exams or requirements check” and “PhD programme”;
- Select the desired PhD programme;
- Complete the online application, inserting the required information;
- Attach the academic qualifications and any other requested documents in pdf format as described in the PhD Programme Tables. Failure to do so will result in exclusion from the selection. Instructions for the uploading of documents may be found on the site.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 29, 2017.