University of Birmingham Foundation Academic Merit Scholarships 2017
At the University of Birmingham we are dedicated to building a more diverse and international community of students. To help us welcome a greater number of students from all around the world we are pleased to introduce a generous Academic Merit Scholarship for 2017. These are all exclusively available to prospective Foundation Pathways students.
Please note this Foundation Scholarship is available only to Foundation Pathway offer-holders. To apply you must have accepted your offer for a Foundation Pathway. To accept your offer please return your Acceptance Form sent as part of your offer. If you are not currently holding a Foundation Pathway offer and have not accepted this place your scholarship application will not be considered.
The Academic Merit Scholarship is for £5,000 towards tuition fees for the one year full-time Foundation programme at the University, starting in September 2017. All eligible candidates will be considered for this award and selection will be based on academic achievement.
To be eligible to apply for an Academic Merit Scholarship, you must meet the conditions below:
- Candidates should have accepted their Foundation offer from the university and have submitted a scholarship application by 30 June 2017
- Candidates should not be in receipt of any other internal or external scholarship, funding or sponsorship.
- Meet the academic conditions of your offer to the programme.
- Start your studies at the University in September 2017
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee payment, and should be able to fund the remaining costs of your studies at Birmingham from other sources.
Selection for the award will be based on the above criteria and the answers to questions provided in your application.
How to apply
We consider applicants based on the information provided in an online application form.
The online application form includes general questions about your academic background and includes short, essay-style questions (250 word limit) about academic and extra-curricular achievement.
Students who firmly accept their offer will be eligible, shortlisted on the basis of academic merit and selected based on their answers to the essay–style questions.
When is the deadline for applications?
The deadline for applications to the scholarship is 30 June 2017. You must have accepted your conditional or unconditional offer by this date.
When will the scholarship be awarded?
The full scholarship will be awarded upon enrolment in September 2017. Successful scholarship applicants will be notified of their award before 31 July 2017.