The University of Auckland, New Zealand is delighted to call for applications for the NZ-China NCD PhD proposals which are being called from by the NZ-China Non-Communicable Diseases Research Collaboration Centre. Chinese students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.The Objective of this scholarship program is to provide learning opportunities to Chinese students.
The University of Auckland is the highest ranked New Zealand University in the main world university rankings. The University of Auckland has been ranked internationally as New Zealand’s leading university for Graduate Employability.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded on a topic related to non-communicable diseases (NCDs).
Scholarship Award: The PhD scholarship covers full tuition fees, living allowance and health insurance for up to 48 months, return international airfare, and visa application fee.
Number of Scholarships: Up to 10 scholarships are available.
Scholarship can be taken in New Zealand
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Top Chinese students (who hold a Chinese passport) are encouraged to apply for Ph.D. scholarships to undertake doctoral studies in New Zealand in the field of non-communicable diseases (NCDs, which are also known as major chronic diseases) under the CSC-NCD CRCC Joint Funding Programme.
Nationality: Chinese students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
English Language Requirements: English language tests and scores shown below meet our English language requirements. Applicants must satisfy the requirements in one sitting; the results are valid for two years from the date on the test certificate.
Minimum postgraduate English language requirements for 2017
- IELTS (Academic): Overall score of 6.5 and all bands 6.0 or better
- Internet-based TOEFL (iBT): Overall score of 90 plus a written score of 21
- Paper-based TOEFL: Overall score of 575 plus Essay (TWE) of 4.5
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) and Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE): Overall score of 176 and all bands 169 or better
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic: Overall score of 58 and no PTE communicative skills score below 50. You must authorize the University to view and verify your PTE scores. See how can I submit verified PTE Academic results to the University of Auckland?
- Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB): 85
How to Apply: The mode of application is online. If you are interested in the possibility of having a Chinese Ph.D. student starting later in 2018, please submit one or two short research proposals using the attached template by no later than 18 August 2017.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is August 18, 2017.