The Youth Champions Initiative (YCI) invests in visionary young champions who lead the sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) movement now and for the next generation. Following a competitive selection process, YCI will select 18 visionary young people working in Packard Foundation priority geographies – India (Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, New Delhi), Ethiopia, Pakistan (Karachi), and the United States (Louisiana and Mississippi).
The David and Lucile Packard Foundation and the Public Health Institute have partnered to launch a second cohort of the Youth Champions Initiative – an exciting initiative to advance innovation and quality in the field of sexual and reproductive health and rights globally.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: India (Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, New Delhi), Ethiopia, Pakistan (Karachi), and the United States (Louisiana and Mississippi).
Eligibility: Youth Champions Initiative invests in powerful young leaders ages 18-30 who are leading the sexual and reproductive health and rights movement in Ethiopia, India, Pakistan and the United States. Eligible candidates must meet the following selection criteria:
- Young persons between the ages of 18-29
- Residents of: • Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, and New Delhi, India • Ethiopia • Pakistan • Louisiana and Mississippi, USA
- Personal dedication to improving sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Commitment to social change and experience in one or more of the following areas: youth development, education, sexual and reproductive health and rights, innovation and/or related fields
- Support of the applicant’s host organization and ability to participate in a workshop in Los Altos, California, USA in early May of 2017.
- Proficient in oral and written English
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Program: This is a Funded program
Award Provider: The David and Lucile Packard Foundation and Public Health Institute
Important Notes: For more information, please visit www.youthchampionsinitiative.org and contact Youth Champions Initiative Program Coordinator Claudia Romeu at firstname.lastname@example.org, with a copy to Program Manager Josie Ramos at email@example.com.