The United nations university in Malaysia is delighted to call for applications from scholars from developing countries for the Fellowship program at the university. Eligible persons are therefore by this notice invited to hurry and apply for this program as soon as possible.
The UNU-IIGH PhD Fellowship Programme aims to provide an opportunity for candidates enrolled in a PhD programme to expand their intellectual vision beyond their scientific disciplines.
The PhD Fellowship Programme is open to candidates who are enrolled in PhD programmes in educational institutions around the world, and who could benefit from a period of up to 12 months at UNU-IIGH. With a view to strengthening capacity building, doctoral students from educational institutions in developing countries are strongly encouraged to apply.
Level/Field of study:
- Systems Thinking for Urban Health
- Governance for Global Health
The scholarship is hosted by UNU-IIGH in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Scholarship is open to Applicants from developing countries especially women
UNU-IIGH offers a monthly stipend for the duration of the fellowship.
The number of offers was not specified.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- The Fellowship programme is open to candidates who demonstrate that they can contribute to the ongoing research projects in the Institute.
- Applicants must have finished a PhD no longer than 5 years preceding the start of the fellowship. Language proficiency in English is essential. Applicants from developing countries and women are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be able to make use of the UNU-IIGH facilities in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to: (i) work on a project or projects assigned by the supervisor, and (ii) participate in other academic activities of the Institute while writing their dissertation. The fellows shall also participate in regular in-house discussions and seminars, as well as contribute to the research and writing of the UNU-IIGH Working Paper Series.
Please submit a cover letter, indicating your interests and motivation to work on one or more of the areas of interest of UNU-IIGH.
Applicants are requested to download and complete the UNU P-11 form. Please quote the reference number (2018/UNU/IIGH/FELLOWSHIP/94) and state “UNU-IIGH Postdoctoral Fellowship 2018” in the section “What post are you applying for?”
Please submit all the documents below to [email protected]:
- completed and signed UNU P-11 form
- cover letter outlining your motivation and how you would contribute to any of the Institute’s focus areas over the 12-month Postdoctoral Fellowship
- an abstract of your current PhD research/dissertation
- a sample of your recent publication (in English)
- 2 references to support your application; one must come from one of your PhD supervisors
- scanned copy of your passport details page
Be sure to state “Postdoctoral Fellowship 2018″ with your name in the subject of the email.
Note that only completed applications received by the deadline will be considered. We will acknowledge receipt of your application via email.
Currently, this scholarship is unavailable but we shall keep you posted on the new date
We recommend other scholarship opportunities.
- University of West London International Scholarships for Bachelors and Masters Students, 2018
- International Ambassador Scholarships at UWL in UK, 2018
- West London University International Ambassador Scholarships 2018-2019 – UK
- International Students United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs Fellowship Programme 2018
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.