United Nations Alliance of Civilizations Fellowship
The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) is pleased to launch the Call for Applications for the UNAOC Fellowship Program in Intercultural Exchange 2019.
The UNAOC Fellowship Program Call is open to participants between 25 to 35 years old, from the Middle East, North Africa, Europe, and North America, with a strong interest in intercultural exchanges.
The theme of the Fellowship 2019 is “The role of women in peacemaking and conflict prevention”, candidates must also be able to present professional achievements in these fields.
The Call will lead to the selection of young civil society leaders and professionals from Europe, North-America (EUNA) on one end, and from the Middle East and North-Africa (MENA) on the other end. Participants from each geographic area will travel to their counterparts’ region.
About the Sponsor: United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC)
The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations was set up in 2005 on the initiative of then Secretary-General Kofi Annan, within the framework of the political initiative co-financed by the governments of Spain and Turkey.
The Secretary-General has set up a high-level group of experts to explore the causes of polarization between societies and cultures and to recommend a concrete action program to tackle this problem. The report of the High-Level Group provided analysis and practical recommendations that form the core of the UNAOC implementation plan. In 2013, Nassir Abdulaziz Al-Nasser became the United Nations High Representative for Civilizations. He worked with the UNAOC Secretariat in New York.
More About the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations Fellowship
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. get the E-book for free by dropping your thought on the article in the comment box.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched scholarships you can utilize in 2019
- 2019/2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2019-2020
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2019-2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2019-2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2019-2020
This Fellowship Program in Intercultural Exchange is hosted by the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC).
If you are an international student and you desire to study in the UK, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in the UK
UNAOC Fellowship Program is available for students from the Middle East (including the Arabian Peninsula) or North Africa and Europe.
Aside from the UNAOC Fellowship Program in Intercultural Exchange 2019., there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available.
UNAOC Fellowship Program Worth
The Fellowship provides participants with first-hand exposure to diversity and with the opportunity to experience cultural immersion while interacting with a wide range of local actors and partners.
Eligibility for United Nations Alliance of Civilizations Fellowship
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- From the Middle East (including the Arabian Peninsula) or North Africa
- Born between January 1st, 1982 and December 31st, 1992
- Fluent in English
- Working directly with civil society and/or the media and able to present professional achievements in that field.
- In the possession of a passport valid at least 9 months beyond October 2019 (August 1st, 2019 and beyond)
- Available to travel for a period of 18 days in October or November 2019 as scheduled by UNAOC. Final dates will be confirmed 4 weeks before departure.
- Must not have participated in any of UNAOC programs before.
Candidates meeting all the eligibility criteria will have their application reviewed by a jury composed of UNAOC staff, experts working with civil society and the media, and other relevant partners.
The jury will be looking for candidates with a strong interest in learning more about EUNA countries and their cultures. To be selected, participants should also have concrete ideas on how to engage with peers and partners from EUNA countries.
The jury will also be assessing professional accomplishment in the fields of media and civil society and will look for applicants with the potential of shaping opinion and taking strong initiatives within their community.
The jury will make sure that the final selection is:
- Gender balanced
- A region balanced between participants from North Africa and the Middle East
- Limited to two participants per country
- Professionally balanced with no more than a third of participants working in the same sector or industry.
How to Apply for the UNAOC Fellowship Program
Applicants can apply online via the given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.unaoc.org/2019/02/call-for-applications-2019-fellowship-programme/
Please submit your complete application no later than 10 March 2019
- Only fill in the following application if you meet all the eligibility criteria mentioned above
- The application is to be completed in English only
- The application is to be completed truthfully and in its entirety
- Make sure to attach all the documents required
- Resume must be in English
- Do not attach anything else but the documents required
For More Information:
UNAOC Fellowship Program 2019 Application Deadline
Application Deadline is 10 March 2019
- 2019 United Nations Global Compact Summer Internship– USA
- UN Reham Al-Farra Memorial Journalism Fellowship USA 2019-2020
- United Nations Democracy Grant Fund
- Japan Foundation United Nations University Ph.D. Scholarships 2018/2019
- International Careers Festival for Student Diplomats in Rome 2018
- International Students United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs Fellowship Programme 2019
- Department of Defense Stem Scholarship 2019-2020 | USA
- UN Women Internship Programme 2019-2020 | Updated
- Christine Mirzayan Fellowship Program 2019-2020
- FAER Summer Fellowship Program 2019-2020
- APPLICATION LINK
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
UNAOC Fellowship Program in Intercultural Exchange 2019, UNAOC Fellowship Program in Intercultural Exchange, UNAOC Fellowship Program, Fellowship Program in Intercultural Exchange, UNAOC Fellowship Program