SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
The University of South Africa is seeking applicants for its Masters by Experimental Research Bursary programme. The bursary is available for both South African and non-South African applicants but preference will be given to South African applicants.
The aim of the bursary is to assist students with enhancing their research ability.
The University of South Africa is the largest university on the African continent and attracts a third of all higher education students in South Africa.
Course Level: The bursary is available to pursue postgraduate research.
Study Subject: The bursary is awarded in the fields offered by the university but preference will be given to Natural Sciences, Engineering and Mathematics.
Scholarship Award: The maximum budget per qualification is R55,000 for Masters and R120,000 per Doctoral (not per annum).
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Have obtained 24 Credits in the Proposal module at Unisa, please note that this bursary does not cover the Proposal Module.
- This bursary does not cover any Coursework Masters qualifications.
- A supervisor’s report that recommends financial support on grounds of quality submissions e.g. research chapters submitted, data analyses etc.
- Approval by the Masters and Doctoral Research Bursary Committee (MDRBC) based on academic progress, the standard of work submitted, prioritisation of research fields, innovative specializations and appropriate methodology.
- Preference will be given to but is not limited to, the following fields: Natural Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics.
- Awards will only be made dependent on available funding.
Nationality: The bursary is awarded to South African and non-South African citizens, but preference will be given to South African students.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous year degree.
English Language Requirement: The candidate should have a very good command over the English language.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply by post or submitted electronically to Dsf-postgrd-at-unisa.ac.za
- Certified copy of ID/Passport
- Proof of completion of the Proposal Module
Application Deadline: The application deadline is October 25, 2017.