Uncertainties seem on the rise for young persons globally, especially with the realities of the 2020 COVID 19 pandemic living with Us.
The consequences of the pandemic have seen many young adults jobless, owing to the economic clampdown on nearly all sectors. The clampdown continues to influence the massive retrenchment across the globe too, not even sparing young entrepreneurs in its “onslaught”.
The major concern now is whether there are still global opportunities for young adults to grow, work, or learn?!
Indeed, UNICEF partly solves this concern with its 2020 Global Youth Mediathon for Content Creators.
This table of content immediately below reveals all you should know about the mediathon.
What is the UNICEF Youth Mediathon (UYM) About?
UNICEF Youth Mediathon is an online event that gives young adult content creators the vantage to improve writing skills, connect with fellow creatives and develop content about issues that affect young persons globally in the contemporary.
During the first session (Oct 23), you will watch a series of masterclasses hosted by top professionals in leading creative firms, like Instagram, Wikimedia Foundation and Vayner Media.
The UNICEF Youth Mediathon will select 60 young persons from various applications received from all around the world. Furthermore, the following opportunities await them:
- Meet and learn storytelling skills from top content creators
- Receive mentorship from experienced professionals in creative fields
- Have your work published on Voices of Youth and other leading content platforms
What do I need to know about UNICEF Youth Mediathon?
Ultimately, all you need know about UNICEF Youth Mediathon is simplified below:
- Date: 23 rd – 24th October, 2020 (Two-day event).
- Location: Online
- Deadline for Application: All applications should be submitted before September 15.
- How: Young creators from all around the world will work in e-groups of 4-6 persons to execute one project per team via any of these social media handles; a podcast, a video series on social media, a suite of blogs, a comic strip, or a photo essay.
Interestingly, a mentor will be appointed each team under any of the proposed themes:
- firstly; Reimagining the Future of Work and Education
- secondly; Reimagining a More Sustainable World
- thirdly; Reimagining the Future of Wellbeing
- and lastly; Reimagining a Future Without Discrimination
Application Requirements for the Mediathon
To qualify as an applicant, you must meet the following requirements;
- Pre-existing experience in content creation
- Fluency in English or Spanish
- An internet connection (as all of the sessions will be conducted remotely)
- Be aged 16-24
People living with any form of disability, members of any minority group, a migrant or refugee, who meet the above criteria are strongly encouraged to apply for UNICEF Youth Mediathon.
Application Deadline for the Mediathon
If you’re interested in applying for the mediathon, then you should do so before the deadline, for your application to stand a chance.
The deadline for submission of all applications is before September 15, 2020.
More so, the Voices of Youth team shall be responsible for selecting the 60 lucky young creators from all over the world.
Also, note that only successful applicants will be contacted. However, unsuccessful applicants need not be totally discouraged as the organizers are putting plans to celebrate mediathons in the future.
Such unsuccessful applicants will still be able to join some public skills-building sessions that UNICEF and other partners are working on for their first edition.
Remember to apply HERE immediately!
It is so important to us that you seize this opportunity to improve your writing skill and also increase your earning power. Thus, you should HURRY and apply on time to be part of this exceptional community via the UNICEF Youth Mediathon!
Cheers to the very best as you leap for the stars.
Who can apply for the UNICEF Youth Mediathon?
Anyone who qualifies for the Mediathon.
How do I apply for the UNICEF Youth Mediathon?
To apply for the Mediathon, you have to fill out the requirements here.
What are the benefits of participating in the UNICEF Youth Mediathon?
As a beneficiary of the mediathon, you get to improve your writing skills as a content writer, connect with fellow creatives and develop content about issues that affect young persons globally in the contemporary.
- How to Write a Powerful Personal Statement
- Irish Aid Roger Casement Fellowship Programme 2021/2022
- 2021 Facebook Fellowships