Kenyan UNICAF Scholarships
Each year, UNICAF awards UNICAF Scholarships for African students to deserving students. Applications are now been invited from Kenyan students for the UNICAF Scholarship for Kenyan students 2019-2020, only applicants that are eligible will be considered for this scholarship program.
Founded in 2012, UNICAF is an online platform in sub-Saharan Africa that is dedicated to making higher education of international standard accessible to African professionals and young school leavers.
UNICAF was founded in 2012, with its name reflecting its origins, having initially evolved from the University of Nicosia, the largest, independent tertiary education institution in Cyprus. While initially focusing solely on Africa, it has been expanding its range to offer scholarships to students worldwide, provided they meet certain eligibility criteria.
Already more than 12,000 have taken advantage of the UNICAF scholarships and registered to one of the partnership programmes. The number of students is estimated to increase to 60,000 by the year 2020.
The learning centres are set up to include digital libraries, computer labs, internet, generators and make students less prone to studying in areas with partially inadequate infrastructures.
While education in Africa is rising and demand for skilled people also ascends, there are serious challenges to Africans reaching quality Higher Education (HE) levels that are recognised by the world’s employers. The gap in the market needs to be addressed now if the 2040 African labour force is to have global value.
Applicants have to meet the general eligibility requirements for the award of a scholarship and additionally, specific academic qualifications must be met in order to qualify for the relevant degree programmes.
What You Need to Know About the UNICAF Scholarship for Kenyans
University education in Kenya has come a long way. From the days, in the not so distant past, when you could count on one hand people with degrees in your village, to now, when many of your acquaintances have at least an undergraduate degree.
Getting a Master’s Degree is predominantly determined by your financial capacity. A Master’s degree is considered by most people an opportunity to redefine their career paths and gain a competitive advantage in their industry. It is, therefore, a top priority on the list of most professionals, who are determined to get ahead in their careers. Yet, despite being a priority, it remains a distant dream for most, mainly because of the high costs associated with studying for a Master’s degree in local universities.
This has been the situation in Kenya until UNICAF came about.
Level/Field of Study
This scholarship program is basically for students to pursue a masters degree program in their chosen field of study.
This scholarship is hosted by UNICAF in Kenya.
This scholarship is primarily for Kenyans.
Recipients will enjoy full financial responsibilities as taken care of by UNICAF, this includes almost all academic related costs as well as students welfare.
Apart from enjoying an 80% scholarship for your tuition fee and a flexible study module, you get international exposure by studying with international universities. This broadens your career horizons since the degrees are internationally recognised. Who knows what doors could open, right?
You also get to meet and interact with other local and international students who are reaching for their dreams by studying online.
UNICAF organises social events from time to time where students meet and share experience, as well as have a little fun.
UNICAF Scholarship Eligibility
Interested applicants have to meet up with the following UNICAF scholarship eligibility criteria:
- Be earning less than 20,000 USD per year
- Be available to commence your academic studies within 6 months from the date of receiving admission to one of the programmes offered
- Possess the academic qualifications required for entry to the programme of study you are applying for
You can know more about the UNICAF scholarship eligibility HERE.
How to Apply
Apply and get a scholarship to study your for your MBA with UNICAF in these easy steps;
1. Complete the application form
2. A student advisor will call you to gather information on the following;
- Whether you qualify for the course
- Available level of scholarship for you
- Your budget and payment plan
- Documentation required during administration
3. Your papers get reviewed
4. Receive final approval and start studying
There is no fixed deadline for the UNICAF Scholarships for Kenyan students. Keep visiting this site to be properly updated.
For more information on the UNICAF Scholarship for Kenya students, click on the link below:
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON UNICAF, PLEASE SEE THESE LINKS:
- 20 Masters Scholarships for Kenyan Students to Study Abroad 2019-2020
- UNICAF Scholarship 2019-2020 – APPLY
- Kenya Defence Forces Recruitment 2019-2020
- 17 Scholarships for Kenyan students to study in UK 2019-2020
- UNICAF SCHOLARSHIP FOR EGYPTIAN STUDENTS 2019
- UNICAF Scholarships for Ghanaian Students 2019
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIP FOR KENYA 2019-2020
- 15 Scholarships for Kenyan Students to study in Canada 2019-2020
- Guaranty Trust Bank Graduate trainee program in Kenya 2019
- Kenya Wildlife Service Recruitment 2019-2020 | APPLY
- Kenya Ports Authority Internship 2019-2020
- KTU Scholarships for International Students in 2019-2020
Applications are ongoing for the UNICAF SCHOLARSHIP FOR KENYAN STUDENTS 2019-2020, see details for application procedure and program deadline. APPLY!!