Polish National Commission for UNESCO, in cooperation with the Polish Centre of Mediterranean Archaeology University of Warsaw and the Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw are inviting applications for fellowships programme in Archaeology and Conservation.
Since its creation UNESCO’s mission has been to contribute to the building of peace, poverty eradication, lasting development and intercultural dialogue, with education as one of its principal activities to achieve this aim.
Course Level: Fellowships are available for PhD programme.
Study Subject: Fellowships are available in Archaeology and Conservation.
Number of Awards: Three fellowships are available.
Scholarship Award: Facilities offered by Polish Authorities
- Free tuition and access to the university facilities based on the local regulations. Accommodation at the University of Warsaw Student Campus organised for fellows by the Host Institution.
- Monthly allowance of 1600 PLN (1 USD = approximately 4,0 PLN) corresponding to the salary of a local junior research fellow. Thus, all living expenses and accommodation in Poland are to be borne by the fellow with this allowance; and; (iii) A one-time special allowance of 1600 PLN to be paid upon arrival in Poland, this sum will cover different activities related to your stay in Warsaw, such as an obligatory medical check-up upon arrival (in accordance with the internal regulations for all students); cultural, historical and/or touristic visits, conferences, workshops, and seminars related to your studies.
No provision to finance or lodge family members is made.
Nationality: Applicants from following countries can apply for these scholarships:
- Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Sudan, Syria
At the end of the research studies, the beneficiaries will receive a certificate attesting to their attendance at the host institution, this certificate will be given after receipt of the requested reports and financial clearance from the Institution.
Facilities offered by UNESCO
- International travel expenses: (by the most direct, economical route) from the beneficiary’s country to and from Poland will be covered by UNESCO under its Regular Programme Budget.
- Health insurance for fellowship beneficiaries who are declared medically fit: UNESCO fellowship holders may be covered by a health insurance policy, taken-out by the Organization for the duration of fellowship. The costs of this health insurance is subscribed to and covered by UNESCO on behalf of awarded fellows.
Scholarship can be taken in Poland
Candidates should have a Bachelor of Arts (B.A) or a Master of Arts (M.A) degree, preferably in Archaeology or Conservation
Be proficient in reading and writing in English
No more than 40 year-old
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Candidates should have a Bachelor of Arts (B.A) or a Master of Arts (M.A) degree, preferably in Archaeology or Conservation
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Applicants must be proficient in reading and writing in English.
How to Apply: Candidatures should be submitted by the invited Member State. Original applications in duplicate must be channelled through the National Commission for UNESCO of the candidate’s country and communicated to Mr Stoyan Bantchev, Chief, Participation programme and Fellowships Section, by 12 May 2017 at the latest (GMT +01:00) to UNESCO mailing address. An advance copy of the application should be sent by e-mail to : pcma(at)uw.edu.pl; s.bantchev(at)unesco.org; b.qin-at-unesco.org and l.zas-friz-at-unesco.org. Applications should have imperatively the following attachments in Duplicate:
- UNESCO fellowships application forms, ALL four (4) pages duly completed in English using capital letter (illegible documents will be eliminated from the procedure, hand writing form must include capital letter only);
- Two photographs attached to the applications (4×6 cm);
- Certified copies (in English) of Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree/ PhD obtained; and,
- UNESCO certificate of language knowledge, duly completed by a relevant authority, if the mother tongue of the candidate is not English.
- Two letters of recommendation from someone related to the candidate’s work, as well confirming the candidate’s qualifications.
Application Deadline: Deadline for submission of applications should be on or before May 12, 2017 at the latest with advance copy by email.