UNESCO Andrei Stenin International Photo Contest
Young Photographers from across the globe are been invited to hurry and apply for the UNESCO Andrei Stenin International Photo Contest 2020, eligible photographers are by this notice invited to apply for this contest.
The Andrei Stenin International Photo Contest is an annual contest for young photojournalists aged between 18 and 33 years old. It is Russia’s only platform for discovering new photojournalists and for allowing them to make a name for themselves on the world photojournalism stage.
The objectives of the competition are:
- To commemorate Andrei Steinin, a Russian journalist and Russia Sigudnaya
- A photography reporter who received posthumously the Medal of Courage for Courage.
- The Contest appeared in the performance of his professional duties.
- Support and enhance high standards of photojournalism and documentary photography.
- Promoting photography and public awareness about photojournalism.
- To support young photographers.
The Press Photo International Contest is open to participants aged 18 to 33. It aims to promote young photographers and support them in their strive for professional perfection.
The Andrei Stenin contest 2020 will showcase five categories for which young photographers can vie for awards:
1. Top News. Important events in the life of individuals and nations as a whole are the main subject of entries in the category: major political and social events; reports from war zones and places struck by natural disasters; decisive moments in people’s lives.
2. Sports. This category involves entries, which captured moments in sport: victories of athletes and dramatic losses; daily sports training; the beauty of sports competitions.
3. My Planet. This category involves entries reflecting the entire multicoloured palette of topics and images from all over the world. The author’s task is to show an everyday life kaleidoscope in its timeless beauty and harmony, uniting scenes from everyday life; the life of big cities and small towns; nature pictures; ethnographic and religious holidays.
4. Portrait. A Hero of Our Time. This category involves entries such as individual or group portraits of people. Photos can be documentary and posed. The determining factor in this category is the author’s ability to reveal the inner world of his characters, express their mental qualities and character through the uniqueness of their appearance and looks as a whole.
Level/ Field of Study:
UNESCO Andrei Stenin International Photo Contest majors in Photography.
This International Photo Contest is to be taken in Russia.
The Contest is open to Russian and foreign nationals who are professional photographers. We also have other contest for International students.
The Andrei Stenin contest 2020 benefits include:
- The Grand Prize winner will receive RUB 700,000 ( seven hundred thousand).*
- The first place winner in each category for an individual Photo Image or a Series of Photo Images will receive RUB 100,000 ( one hundred thousand).*
- The second place winner in each category for an individual Photo Image or a Series of Photo Images will receive RUB 75,000 ( seventy-five thousand).*
- The third place winner in each category for an individual Photo Image or a Series of PhotoI mages will receive RUB 50,000 ( fifty thousand).*
- Contest Sponsors and /or Partners may also offer additional prizes.
Eligibility for Andrei Stenin contest 2020
- The Contest is open to Russian and foreign nationals who are professional photographers. The age limits for Contest Participants: at least 18 and no more than 33 years old at the time of the Contestant’s submission of Photo Image (s) to the Contest.
- The Contestant may submit no more three Photo Image (Series of Images ) in each category.
- Entry for the competition is free of charge.
- Entries can contain a single photograph or series of no more than 12 photographs. Minor cropping, or balance (white balance) or density (brightness, contrast) correction is acceptable. Framed images, collages, photos that have been significantly photoshopped, with parts of the image edited, deleted or replaced with a different image, will not be accepted.
- Photos will be uploaded in the JPG format.
- The acceptable compression will not exceed 10.
- The image is to be no less than 2,200 pixels and no more than 5,700 pixels by its longer side.
- The file name must contain the serial number of the photograph, name and last name of the author, title and year it was shot, separated by underscores, for example, 01_Smith_James_The_Spring_2011. The name of the file must be given in Latin script. The file size must not exceed 20 Mb. The file must also contain all the EXIF data.
How to Apply for UNESCO Andrei Stenin International Photo Contest 2020
Entries are uploaded and stored by the participant on his or her personal page at STENINCONTEST.COM. Photos can be added or replaced until the participant submits the entry. After the entry is submitted, photos can no longer be added or replaced.
Photographs must have been taken after 1st January. In exceptional cases, a series of photographs started in previous years are accepted. In such a case, the last photograph of the series must have been taken in 2018 or 2019.
The application deadline for this program varies at such we encourage that you keep checking this site for most recent updates on this program.
- December 22, annually – Open for entries
- February 02, annually – Entries close
- May 22, annually – Shortlist announcement
- July 18, annually – online vote
- August 06, annually – Winner’s list
- september annually – Awards ceremony, the opening of the photo exhibition
Submission Deadline: February 28, annually.
For More Information:
Apply right away for the UNESCO Andrei Stenin International Photo Contest 2019, see details for more on application procedure.