Willma H Davis is collaborating with the United Negro College Fund (UNCF) to offer“Davis Scholarship for Women in Stem” to encourage minority female students to pursue a future career in the STEM fields. The program is available only to female students who are majoring in a STEM Field as college freshmen, sopa college junior, or college senior in fall 2017. The purpose of the program provides scholarships to students who are attending its member colleges as well as to those going elsewhere. The winners of the scholarship will receive a one-time award up to $5,000 for their education.
The United Negro College Fund (UNCF) is the nation’s largest and most effective minority education organization.UNCF envisions a nation where all Americans have equal access to a college education that prepares them for rich intellectual lives, competitive and fulfilling careers, engaged citizenship and service to our nation.
To be eligible, the applicant must meet all the following criteria:
- Must be female
- Must have 3.0 GPA or higher
- Must be majoring in a STEM Field (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics)
- Must hold a classification of college sophomore, college freshmen, college junior, or college senior in Fall 2017
- Must be full-time enrollment at a UNCF member school.
- Preference will be given to students from Massachusetts, but program is open to all US residents
How to Apply:
To apply, the applicant can create an account or login through the given link:
- Most recent transcript (unofficial accepted)
- Unmet financial need (verified with school upon final selection)
- Reference form
- Essaysof at least 400 words:
- Identify a woman or women, who have been innovators in a STEM field, talk about her (or their) contributions, and their impact in their field.
- Alternately, write about the impact women have had in these fields throughout history and their current contributions.
- How have these women impacted your decision to major in a STEM field?
Financial Aid and Award Money:
A one-time award up to $5,000 will be awarded for the 2017-18 academic year in August.
The application must submit no later than June 9, 2017, at 11:59 PM EST.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, contact to Kenya Gray at kenya.gray-at-uncf.org