Interested in Securing a grant? Then apply now for the UNAOC Youth Solidarity Grants for Innovative Youth Projects 2020/2021, applications are to be submitted before the deadline and all criteria must be met to avoid disqualification.
About UNAOC Youth Solidarity Grants for Innovative Youth Projects:
The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) is pleased to invite youth-led organizations to apply for the Youth Solidarity Fund (YSF). The call is open to organizations from select countries whose work seeks to foster peaceful and inclusive societies through improved understanding and collaboration across cultures, faiths and beliefs.
Through a competitive evaluation process, YSF will award seed funding (up to USD 25,000) for the implementation of selected projects that demonstrate innovative approaches to intercultural or interfaith dialogue and advance the mission of UNAOC. YSF only supports projects that are entirely developed and managed by youth for the benefit of youth.
Established in 2008, the Fund responded to calls for action made by young civil society leaders around the world on the importance of establishing funding mechanisms for youth-led organizations. Since its creation, YSF has funded 57 youth-led organizations in 34 countries.
Field of Study:
Eligibility Criteria for Youth Organizations:
Youth organizations are subject to the same criteria as other partners of the United Nations System in that they must be accountable, transparent and refrain from all discriminatory practices.
To be eligible, applying youth organizations need to fulfill each and every one of the following criteria:
- Be youth-led: a majority of the positions and decision-making roles within the organization are held by women and men between the ages of 18 and 35;
- Be a non-profit, non-governmental organization (with the exception of national youth councils) registered in the country of operation as a charity, trust, foundation or association;
- Be officially registered and operational for a minimum of 2 years at the time of the application with funding base and project implementation (e.g. registered in January 2016 or earlier);
- Be registered and operate in one of the aforementioned countries;
- Have a democratic governance structure and decision-making mechanism, including consultative processes in formulating priorities and policies;
- Have an ability to demonstrate proper and consistent monitoring, evaluation and record-keeping of their activities, including project evaluation reports and financial accounts;
- Have a gender perspective/balance reflected in their staff, beneficiaries, and activities;
- Have no adherence to or affiliations with violent ideologies or antagonism against any particular country, culture, religion or belief system, ethnic group, gender, etc.; and
- Did not receive funding under past editions of YSF or did not receive the Intercultural Innovation Award.
How to Apply for the Youth Solidarity Grants for Innovative Youth Projects:
Interested organizations can apply at the following link: http://apply.unaoc.org/
In order to be considered complete and valid, the application package must include the following and be submitted through the online application system available at http://apply.unaoc.org/
- The application form, completed and certified by the applicant organization;
- A copy of the registration certificate of the applicant organization;
- A copy of the statutes/by-laws of the applicant organization;
- An organizational chart, depicting the ages of key decision makers within the organization;
- A biography of the current Executive/Managing Director, showing date of birth (1 page maximum);
- The resume/CV of the project coordinator (2 pages maximum);
- A picture or scan of the project coordinator’s passport identification page. If the project coordinator does not have an international passport, upload his or her national identification card.
Word/character limit for each question in the application form needs to be respected. The application system automatically counts words and characters.
For any questions on YSF and this call for applications, please consult:
- Application Guidelines
- Technical FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions for technical matters
- YSF web page
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 16 February 2020, at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (New York).
For More Information: