UNAOC Intercultural Innovation Award
United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) and the BMW Group have teamed up and now accepting applications for “Intercultural Innovation Award”. Not-for-profit organizations managing projects focused on promoting intercultural dialogue, and who are willing to expand their range of action, are eligible for the award program. The aim of the scholarship is to select and support the most innovative grassroots projects that encourage intercultural dialogue and cooperation around the world. The total amount of the prize pool is USD 100,500.
The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) is an initiative of the UN Secretary-General which aims to improve understanding and cooperative relations among nations and peoples across cultures and religions and to help counter the forces that fuel polarization and extremism.
Please see the basic entry requirements below
- Organizations must be registered as a not-for-profit organization, such as a non-governmental organization, charitable organization, research and educational institution, labor union, indigenous group, faith-based organization, professional association, foundation and local or municipal branches of government.
- Applying organizations must have been operational for a minimum of 2 years before April 2017, with funding base and project implementation (i.e. the organization must show registration as non-profit in their country of operation by April 2015 or earlier).
- Applying organizations must be managing a project focused on promoting intercultural dialogue and understanding. Examples include projects in the fields of combating xenophobia, education for global citizenship, interfaith dialogue, migration and integration, prevention of violent extremism, as well as initiatives addressing the needs of specific groups in promoting intercultural understanding (e.g. faith-based, youth, women, media, etc.)
- The applying organization must have the willingness to expand the range of action of the project with UNAOC, the BMW Group and other partners.
- Organizations that have previously received any UNAOC support are not eligible to apply to the Intercultural Innovation Award.
- Projects that have been submitted to previous editions of the Intercultural Innovation Award and were not selected, are eligible and encouraged to apply again. However, applying organizations cannot have been winners of previous editions of the UNAOC Marketplace of Ideas or BMW Group Awards.
How to Apply:
To be applying for the scholarship you may register yourself through the given link:
Applicants are required to attach digital copies of the following documents:
- Organization’s proof of registration.
- Statutes (or other documents that state the goals, governance structure, etc.) of the organization.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The total amount of the prize pool is USD 100,500 distributed as follows:
- 1st USD 40,000
- 2nd USD 20,000
- 3rd USD 15,000
- 4th USD 8,000
- 5th USD 5,000
- 6th–10th USD 2,500
Applications will no longer be accepted after May 31, 2017, 5:00 p.m. EST
Link for More Information:
- If you have questions about the application process, you can visit the website on https://interculturalinnovation.org/faq/
- If you have additional questions, please contact award-at-interculturalinnovation.org