The UN Women Internship Program offers outstanding students the opportunity to participate directly in UN Women’s work in areas such as strategic partnerships, communication, advocacy, policy, evaluation, human programming, research and data, finance and ICT.
About UN Internship
Internship contracts vary considerably in their content. They may have a country-specific, regional, sectoral, or thematic focus. Most trainees support the design, implementation, and evaluation of UN Women’s projects and learn more about the work of gender and humanitarian action in an international environment.
Internships are offered based on the availability of significant tasks and the needs and capabilities of units/offices to host and supervise trainees.
About UN Women
UN Women is the United Nations agency dedicated to gender equality and women’s empowerment. UN Women was founded as the world champion of women and girls to accelerate progress in meeting their global needs.
UN Women assists United Nations Member States in establishing global standards for gender equality and works with governments and civil society to develop the laws, policies, programs, and services needed to effectively implement these standards and women and girls around the world really benefit.
UN Women coordinates and promotes the work of the United Nations system for gender equality, as well as all consultations and agreements related to the 2030 Agenda. It works to promote gender equality as a component of the fundamental goals of sustainable development world more inclusive.
The UN Women Internship Programme is designed for international female students who are about to conclude their undergraduate or enrolled in their masters, post-masters, or doctorate program.
If you wish to explore more information on postgraduate opportunities, click on the link.
The UN Women Internship Programme 2020 is hosted and taken in Istanbul, Turkey, and New York, United States.If you are an international student and you desire to study in the United States.
- Selected candidates have the opportunity to work and gain experience with a United Nations organization.
- Candidates can learn more about how UN Women works.
Internships range from a minimum of two to a maximum of six months, depending on the availability and academic requirements of the intern, as well as the needs of UN Women.
Jobs are available year-round, part-time and full-time.
The UN Women Internship Programme 2020 is made available for international female students. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The number of offers is not specified.
Eligibility for Scholarship
In order to participate in the scholarships, candidates must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- You must be enrolled in masters, post-masters or doctorate programme, or be in the final year of a first university degree programme (bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- If you have recently graduated from university, you must be able to commence the internship within one year of graduation.
- To apply for an internship, click on the vacancy notice on the official website and follow the specific instructions.
- Please complete the online application form and submit it, along with the personal background of UN Women (P11) or your CV and application letter.
- UN Women can only respond to requests for future interest.
- After being contacted and selected by the recruiting office, you must bring with you two letters of recommendation, proof of health insurance, proof of registration or graduation and a scanned copy of your passport and your passport. visa (if applicable) with an internship contract at your disposal.
You can apply online via the Online Application Website.
- Partnerships and Resource Mobilization Intern – Beijing – 28 November 2020
- Results and Knowledge Management support – Beijing – 10 December 2020
- Communications Intern – Beijing – 28 November 2020
We Also Recommend
We have other great scholarship opportunities that might be of help to your search
- Heineken International Graduate Programme-Internshipague
- UNU-INWEH International Internship Programme for Students – Canada
- UK SCHOLARSHIPS: Unilever Graduate Scholarship in the Sciences
- The Bank of Uganda Internship Programme
- AIRBUS Internship Programme For Young University Students.
- EABL Pan Africa Graduate Programme for graduates
- South African Tourism Internship Programme [Updated]
- Islamic Development Bank Merit Scholarship Program
- Lagos Business School: Ranking, Fees, Scholarships & Admission Requirements.
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response on the comment box for us to serve you better.