SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
The Reham Al-Farra Memorial Journalism Fellowship, 2018 will be at United Nations Headquarters in New York from 16 September to 6 October 2018. For full-time working journalists between 22 and 35 years of age who are nationals and residents of the countries with developing economies or economies in transition.
The United Nations is an international organisation since in 1945. It is currently made up of 193 Member States. The mission and work of the United Nations are guided by the purposes and principles in its founding Charter.
Offers are available to young journalists
Field of study:
The fellowship covers round trip airfare from your country of residence to New York and provides a daily subsistence allowance (approximately $385/day) that can be for accommodation and meals.
To be taken in(Country):
New York, USA
Scholarship Number :
The RAF fellowship is open to full-time working journalists between 22 and 35 years of age who are nationals and residents of countries with developing economies or economies in transition:
- Fellows are to participate in a series of briefings and discussions while at Headquarters. Since fellows come from all parts of the world, the common language of communication during the programme is English, which is also one of the two working languages of the United Nations.
- The Fellows can publish their stories in their own language.
7th May 2018
How to Apply: You must apply via the online application form.
You will need the following documents:
- Three (3) published work samples in international affairs. These can be in their original language. Please include a brief summary in English for material that is not in one of the six official UN languages: Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish.
- A letter of reference from your current employer or (for freelancers) an editor you work with.
- Your curriculum vitae in English or French
- Proof of education (your highest degree or diploma)
To access other opportunities, click Journalism Scholarships