UN Reham Al-Farra Memorial Journalism Fellowship
The Reham Al-Farra Memorial Journalism Fellowship 2019 will be at United Nations Headquarters in New York from 15 September to 5 October 2019. For full-time working journalists between 22 and 35 years of age who are nationals and residents of the countries with developing economies or economies in transition. The UN Reham Al-Farra Memorial Journalism Fellowship is a unique opportunity for young journalists from developing countries and countries with economies in transition to cover the United Nations.
During this three-week program, fellows have the opportunity to attend special informational meetings, interview senior officials and exchange ideas with colleagues from around the world. In previous years, the fellows met with the Secretary-General of the United Nations, the President of the General Assembly and permanent representatives to the United Nations. The program also organizes visits to several news agencies, such as the New York Times, Democracy Now! and the WNYC radio.
About Reham Al-Farra Memorial Fellowship
The Reham Al-Farra Memorial Fellowship was entrusted in December 1980 by Resolution 35/201 of the General Assembly of the United Nations. Formerly known as the DPI Training Program for broadcasters and journalists from developing countries, this program changed its name in 2003 to honor Reham Al-Farra, a 29-year-old Jordanian information officer who died in the bomb attack on August 19, 2003, at the headquarters of the United Nations in Baghdad.
Since its creation in 1981, the scholarship has been awarded to 596 journalists from 168 countries. At the end of the program, the fellows must continue working in journalism and promote a better understanding of the United Nations in their country of origin. The program does not provide basic training because all members are active journalists.
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. Read through for eligibility on how to get our scholarship ebook for free.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched Scholarships 2019
- 2019/2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2019-2020
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2019-2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2019-2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2019-2020
- List of Top 10 Mechanical Engineering Colleges in the World 2019
Don’t miss any of these Scholarship opportunities. You can open any of these opportunities on a new tab.
All You Need To Know About Reham Al-Farra Memorial Journalism Fellowship 2019
Field of Study
The Reham Al-Farra Memorial Fellowship is available to young journalists.
The Reham Al-Farra Memorial Fellowship 2019 is hosted in New York, USA.
The RAF fellowship is open to full-time working journalists between 22 and 35 years of age who are nationals and residents of countries with developing economies or economies in transition.
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Aside from UN Reham Al-Farra Memorial Journalism Fellowship, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available.
The fellowship covers round trip airfare from your country of residence to New York and provides a daily subsistence allowance (approximately $385/day) that can be for accommodation and meals.
Eligibility For UN Reham Al-Farra Memorial Journalism Fellowship
To meet the eligibility requirements, candidates must:
- be between 22 and 35 years old
- be a fulltime working journalist
- be proficient in English
- possess a passport valid for at least 6 months beyond the start of the Programme (programme begins September 2019)
- be a national of a developing country or country in transition, as defined by the UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs:
How To Apply For Reham Al-Farra Memorial Journalism Fellowship 2019
How to Apply: You must apply via the online application form.
- Applications must be submitted via the online form by the deadline.
- Only applications from candidates meeting the eligibility criteria below will be considered.
Deadline For The Application Of Reham Al-Farra Memorial Journalism Fellowship 2019
The deadline for Reham Al-Farra Memorial Journalism Fellowship is on April 15, 2019. After which further application will not be considered.
For more information and application on the fellowship. Click on the link below:
Eligibility for winning our scholarship EBook
Get our Scholarship Ebook for free now, indicate interest in the comment section and the Ebook will be sent to you. This offer is for the first 50 people.
- NYU Africa House Fellowship Programs 2019-2020
- Yale Greenberg World Fellows Programme for Emerging Mid-Career Leaders 2019 – 2020
- Mozilla Fellowships in Technology for Emerging Leaders 2019-2020
- Elon University Scholarships 2019-2020
- Pernod Ricard Fellowship 2020 for African Artists | UPDATED
- Princeton in Africa Fellowship Programme 2019-2020
- NASA Hubble Fellowship in USA, 2019-2020
- Jacobs foundation research fellowship 2019-2020