United Nations is inviting applications for Fellowships from African descendants living in Diaspora in the field of Human rights in Switzerland 2020. This fellowship opportunity is ongoing. Hurry now and apply.
Moving on, let us give you all the information required that will aid you to get this fellowship opportunity. Let us begin!
Meanwhile, here’s the table of content below for an overview of what to expect in this article.
- About the Award
- EDITOR’S RECOMMENDATION
About the Award
The Fellowship Programme for People of African Descent provides the participants with an intensive learning opportunity to deepen their understanding of the United Nations human rights system, instruments, and mechanisms, with a focus on issues of particular relevance to people of African descent. The Fellowship Programme will allow the participants to better contribute to the protection and promotion of civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights of people of African descent in their respective countries.
Level/Field of Study
UN Fellowship 2020 for Africans in Diaspora is taken and hosted in Geneva, Switzerland. You can check other scholarship opportunities available for African Students.
UN Fellowship 2020 for Africans in Diaspora is available for all African countries.
Each fellow is entitled to a return ticket (economy class) from the country of residence to Geneva, basic health insurance, and a stipend to cover modest accommodation and other living expenses for the duration of the Programme.
Eligibility for UN Fellowship 2020
- The candidate must be an individual of African descent living in the Diaspora. · The candidate must have a minimum of 4 years of work experience related to the rights of People of African Descent.
- The candidate needs to have sufficient command of the English language to be able to participate fully in the program.
- The candidate has to submit a letter from an organization working on issues related to People of African Descent or minority rights certifying their status.
- The candidates must be available to attend the full duration of the program. The selected fellows will be expected to participate in different activities and to strictly follow the program.
The selection of the fellows will reflect gender and regional balance. The human rights situation of People of African Descent in the respective countries will also be taken into consideration.
Is the Program Offered annually?
Yes, the UN Fellowship for Africans in Diaspora is an annual program that has been in existence since 2011.
How to Apply for UN Fellowship 2020
Applicants are requested to submit the following documents in one single e-mail to email@example.com
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A completed, signed and scanned Application Form in one single document.
- A Personal Statement (maximum 500 words) in which the candidate will explain his/her motivation for applying, and how he/she will use the knowledge gained from the fellowship to promote the interests and rights of people of African descent.
- An Official Letter from the nominating organization or community certifying the status
- A copy of the applicant’s passport.
Please note that submissions with more than five attachments will not be accepted.
Important: Please mention in the subject header of your e-mail: “Application for the 2020 Fellowship Programme for People of African Descent.”
Name the attached document as follows:
LAST NAME First name – Type of document
Example: SMITH Jacqueline – Application form.doc
SMITH Jacqueline – A Personal Statement.doc
SMITH Jac – Letter certifying Status.pdf
SMITH Jacquelina – Passport.pdf
UN Fellowship 2020 Application Deadline
31st May 2020
Duration of Scholarship: In the framework of the Programme of Activities for the Implementation of the International Decade for People of African Descent, this year the Fellowship will be held from 13 November to 1 December 2020 in Geneva, Switzerland.
The deadline for the application submission is March each year.
United Nations Fellowship 2020 Application Link
Visit the scholarship webpage for details
- Fully funded Wenner-Gren Foundation PhD Fellowships for African Students
- Simple Procedures to get an Indian Student Visa Fast
- Tel Aviv University Postdoctoral, Doctoral and Visiting Fellowships in Israel
- Next Generation Social Sciences Doctoral Fellowships for African Countries
- LEAP Africa Graduate Internship Programme
- EACVI Training Grants for International Students in Europe, 2020
- Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership Vacancy 2020
- Banting Postdoctoral Annual Fellowships For Canadian and International Students.
- Swedish Institute Creative Force Grants Program
- Thorlabs Engineering Scholarship Programme in UK
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, Leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. if no, leave an on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
World Scholarship Forum