UN Fellowship 2019 for Africans in Diaspora – Switzerland
United Nations is inviting applications for Fellowships from African descendants living in Diaspora in the field of Human rights in Switzerland 2019.
About the Award
The Fellowship Programme for People of African Descent provides the participants with an intensive learning opportunity to deepen their understanding of the United Nations human rights system, instruments, and mechanisms, with a focus on issues of particular relevance to people of African descent. The Fellowship Programme will allow the participants to better contribute to the protection and promotion of civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights of people of African descent in their respective countries.
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. Read through for eligibility on how to get our scholarship ebook for free.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched Scholarships 2019
- 2019/2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2019-2020
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2019-2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2019-2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2019-2020
- List of Top 10 Mechanical Engineering Colleges in the World 2019
Don’t miss any of these Scholarship opportunities. You can open any of these opportunities on a new tab.
Level/Field of Study
UN Fellowship 2019 for Africans in Diaspora is taken and hosted in Geneva, Switzerland. You can check other scholarship opportunities available for African Students
UN Fellowship 2019 for Africans in Diaspora is available for all African countries.
Each fellow is entitled to a return ticket (economy class) from the country of residence to Geneva, basic health insurance, and a stipend to cover modest accommodation and other living expenses for the duration of the Programme.
Eligibility for UN Fellowship 2019
- The candidate must be an individual of African descent living in the Diaspora. · The candidate must have a minimum of 4 years of work experience related to the rights of People of African Descent.
- The candidate needs to have sufficient command of the English language to be able to participate fully in the programme.
- The candidate has to submit a letter from an organization working on issues related to People of African Descent or minority rights certifying their status.
- The candidates must be available to attend the full duration of the programme. The selected fellows will be expected to participate in different activities and to strictly follow the programme.
The selection of the fellows will reflect gender and regional balance. The human rights situation of People of African Descent in the respective countries will also be taken into consideration.
Is the Program Offered annually?
Yes, the UN Fellowship for Africans in Diaspora is an annual program that has been in existence since 2011.
How to Apply for UN Fellowship 2019
Applicants are requested to submit the following documents in one single e-mail to [email protected]
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A completed, signed and scanned Application Form in one single document.
- A Personal Statement (maximum 500 words) in which the candidate will explain his/her motivation for applying, and how he/she will use the knowledge gained from the fellowship to promote the interests and rights of people of African descent.
- An Official Letter from the nominating organization or community certifying the status
- A copy of the applicant’s passport.
Please note that submissions with more than five attachments will not be accepted.
Important: Please mention in the subject header of your e-mail: “Application for the 2019 Fellowship Programme for People of African Descent.”
Name the attached document as follows:
LAST NAME First name – Type of document
Example: SMITH Jacqueline – Application form.doc
SMITH Jacqueline – A Personal Statement.doc
SMITH Jac – Letter certifying Status.pdf
SMITH Jacquelina – Passport.pdf
UN Fellowship 2019 Application Deadline
31st May 2019
Duration of Scholarship: In the framework of the Programme of Activities for the Implementation of the International Decade for People of African Descent, this year the Fellowship will be held from 13 November to 1 December 2019 in Geneva, Switzerland.
United Nations Fellowship 2019 Application Link
Visit the scholarship webpage for details
Eligibility for winning our scholarship EBook
Get our Scholarship Ebook for free now, indicate interest in the comment section and the Ebook will be sent to you. This offer is for the first 50 people.
- Fully funded Wenner-Gren Foundation PhD Fellowships for African Students, 2019
- Simple Procedures to get an Indian Student Visa Fast
- Tel Aviv University Postdoctoral, Doctoral and Visiting Fellowships in Israel, 2019
- Next Generation Social Sciences Doctoral Fellowships for African Countries 2019/2020
- 2019 LEAP Africa Graduate Internship Programme
- EACVI Training Grants for International Students in Europe, 2019
- Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership Vacancy 2019
- Banting Postdoctoral Annual Fellowships For Canadian and International Students.
- 2019 Swedish Institute Creative Force Grants Program
- Thorlabs Engineering Scholarship Programme 2019 in UK
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, Leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. if no, leave an on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
World Scholarship Forum
United Nations is inviting applications for Fellowships from African descendants living in Diaspora in the field of Human rights in Switzerland 2019. UN Fellowship 2019 for Africans in Diaspora is taken and hosted in Geneva, Switzerland. UN Fellowship 2019 for Africans in Diaspora is available for all African countries.