SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
OHCHR-EARO (Office of the United Nations High Commissioner on Human Rights – East Africa Regional Office) is based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and was established in 2002.
The core functions of the Office are to: serve as OHCHR office in the region developing and implementing country engagement strategies requiring more focused attention in East Africa; mainstream human rights in the work of the African Union, sub-regional intergovernmental and nongovernmental organizations; and, support United Nations Country Teams (UNCTs) and UN offices in the region including UNECA by providing relevant thematic expertise for capacity-building, advocacy, and other activities.
Institution: United Nations
To Be Taken At (Country): Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Eligible Countries: African countries
Eligibility: To qualify for consideration for an internship by the United Nations Headquarters Internship Programme, the following conditions must be met:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree as defined in (1) and (2) above.(4) Candidates who are selected, must commence the internship programme either prior to graduation or within one year of graduation from an academic programme as describe in (1) and (2). Applicants who are unable to commence the internship within one year of graduation shall not be accepted.
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme.
How to Apply: A completed online application (Cover Note and Personal History Profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The Cover Note must include:
– Title of degree you are currently pursuing;
– Graduation Date (when will you be graduating from the programme);
– List the IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in;
– List your top three areas of interest/department preferences;
– Explain why you are the best candidate for our office;
– Explain your interest in the United Nations Internship Programme.
In your Personal History Profile, be sure to include all past work experience, IT skills, and three references.
Due to a high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 11th September 2017
Award Providers: United Nations