University of Brighton in UK is offoicially offering a AHRC-funded Design Star Studentships for October 2017 entry. in view for individuals with outstanding academic or professional proofs and research potential to commence a programme of postgraduate study in design. Applicants will be educated to Masters level, or equivalent, and meet AHRC eligibility criteria for funding.
The Design Star Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) brings together leading design departments at the University of Brighton; Goldsmiths, University of London; Loughborough University; The Open University; and the University of Reading. It aims to develop future intellectual leadership in design: research leaders of the future who are equipped to make a difference to contemporary social concerns, knowledge production and creative practices. This requires an approach to research training that places diversity and interdisciplinarity at its core.
Eligibilty: International applicants are not eligible for a Design Star award. EU applicants are only eligible for a fees-only award, unless they satisfy Research Council residency criteria.
Awards (stipend and fee waiver) are available for full-time and part-time study.
How To Apply: Your application will then go through a two-stage process, being considered first by the Doctoral Centre. If successful at interview stage your application will be submitted to Design Star to be considered by a panel drawn from Design Star members. Eligible applications for full-time study that go forward to Design Star will automatically be considered for a University of Brighton Studentship.
Please note: students who have already commenced doctoral study at Brighton are not eligible for University
Applications for Design Star studentships at the University of Brighton must be made via the University of Brighton’s Arts and Humanities Doctoral Centre. Prospective doctoral students who are interested in applying for a studentship should proceed as follows:
1. If you have already identified a potential supervisor you should contact them to talk informally about your research proposal before submitting an application. Further information on specialist supervisory strengths are available on our studentships page. Alternatively the Doctoral Centre can advise on the suitability of your proposed project and what supervision might be available: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. If you are advised that the proposal may be suitable for a Design Star studentship, you will need to complete both a university online application form and a Design Star application form. See below for details of how to submit the application forms.
3. When completed please submit your online University of Brighton application and send your Design Star application form to email@example.com.
4. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview in February 2017, specific dates to be confirmed. Applicants are advised to be available should they be called for interview.
The Doctoral Centre will be in touch with applicants in due course, specific date to be confirmed.
University of Brighton online application:
1. Log in or register as a new user to complete an online application
2. Please select the following options from the drop-down menus:
Application Deadline: The internal deadline is Monday 16th January 2017. Please submit all documents by this deadline. You will have an opportunity to make final revisions to your Design Star application form by the final Design Star deadline of Monday 6th February 2017.