The scholarship is to provide support for a PhD (or Masters) student who are to assist the research team in the Department of Child Health and Paediatrics to study the impact of prenatal alcohol exposure on early neurocognitive development.
The University of Cape Town (UCT) is a public research university in Cape Town in the Western Cape province of South Africa. It is jointly the oldest university in South Africa and the oldest extant university in Sub-Saharan Africa alongside Stellenbosch.
Offers are available to pursue Postgraduate research programme.
Field of study:
Scholarships are for within the Faculty of Health Sciences. Project title: Longitudinal neuroimaging and early neurocognitive correlates of children with prenatal alcohol exposure in the first 5 years.
The value of the scholarship amounts to R50 000 per annum for Masters Students and R100 000 per annum for PhD students.
To be taken in(Country):
Scholarship Number :
International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Masters (or Honours) Degree in appropriate Health Sciences or Social Sciences discipline (e.g., Public Health, Paediatrics, Human Biology, Psychiatry, Psychology, or related discipline)
- Strong verbal and written communication in English
- Interest in research on child health and development
- Clinical research experience
- Fluent in one of the following languages: Xhosa or Afrikaans
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working with young children and their caregivers
- Experience administering formal cognitive and behavioural assessments to children and their parents
Applicants must have strong verbal and written communication in English.
29th March 2018
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to Emma Eastman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UCT Application Form
- A letter of motivation
- Copies of academic transcripts
- Letters of reference from two academics, and
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
To access other opportunities, click South Africa Scholarships