SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
The Institute for Democracy, Citizenship and Public Policy in Africa at UCT now wishes to invite applicants for its Postdoctoral Research Fellowship to conduct research on political parties in East and Southern Africa. The value of the fellowship will be between R250, 000 and R310, 000 per annum.
The aim of the fellowships is to conduct doctoral research on one or more political parties in East or Southern Africa, with preference given to research outside of South Africa, especially in Zambia, Malawi and Tanzania.
The University of Cape Town (UCT) is a public research university located in Cape Town in the Western Cape province of South Africa. UCT is the highest-ranked African university in the QS World University Rankings, the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, and the Academic Ranking of World Universities and its Law and Commerce Faculties are consistently placed among the hundred best internationally.
- Application deadline: December 13, yearly.
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue postdoctoral research.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded to conduct research on political parties.
- Scholarship Award: The value of the fellowship will be between R250,000 and R310,000 per annum. The fellowship may be renewed for a second year subject to satisfactory progress and availability of funds. Additional funds may be available for reasonable research expenses outside of South Africa.
- Nationality: Applicants from East and Southern Africa are eligible to apply for the fellowship
- Number of Scholarships: Up to three postdoctoral fellowships are available
- Scholarship can be taken in East and Southern Africa
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from East and Southern Africa are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have completed or submitted their PhDs in the past five years (i.e.since or in 2013) or be about to submit their PhDs.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English.
How to Apply:
- Eligible candidates should provide the following:
- A letter describing research interests and the candidate’s suitability for the fellowship.
- A CV that includes details of all degrees, publications and presentations at seminars and conferences.
- The names of two academic referees who have taught or supervised the candidate at the university.
- Enquiries and completed application should be sent by email. Eligible applicants will be considered by a sub-committee convened by the Director of the Institute.