The Applications for the UCL Overseas Research Scholarships 2018 in UK is curently been submitted, all applicants are to hurry for this program before the deadline for application.
Level: Research program
Field(s): any of the courses offered by the University College London.
Scholarship covers: Awards consist of fee funding to cover the difference between Overseas and UK/EU tuition fees.
School(Institutions/ Country): University College London | UK
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): UCL Overseas Research Scholarships are targeted for International students
To apply for UCL Overseas Research Scholarships , applicants must be:
- in receipt of an offer of admission to, or currently registered at, UCL on a full- or part-time research degree programme and;
- liable to pay tuition fees at the overseas rate (Overseas fees status), and;
- holding or expecting to achieve at least an upper second-class Honours UK undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification.
- While current students may apply, those entering their third year of research will normally only be considered for funding in exceptional circumstances.
- Selection criteria for UCL Overseas Research Scholarships
- Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence and research potential. Financial circumstances are not taken into account.
here is a combined selection by UCL academics for the research schemes. This selection panel will make the final decision on successful candidates.
The selection panel meets in February and successful candidates can expect to be notified by Friday, 23 February 2018 at the latest. If you do not hear from us by that date, you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
*NOTE: All scholarship and student funding schemes are subject to availability of funds, and details given here are subject to change at any time. Potential applicants are urged to check information regularly to ensure they are aware of current procedures, deadlines etc.
Scholarship Application Method
In order to apply for an ORS, you must complete the following steps:
Step 1 – Apply for admission to UCL
*The following instructions apply to prospective students. For current students, your original admission application will be used as your scholarship application. If the below information in Step 1 was not included in your admission application, please send this information to your department along with the documents from Step 2.
You must submit a complete application for admission onto a research degree programme by the specified deadline. Your application for admission will also be used as your scholarship application. Please see below for guidance on information to include in your admission application if you wish to be considered for an ORS:*
- CV – Please include a list of all publications, past/current prizes, awards and scholarships on your CV.
- Referees – One reference should relate to your most recently completed university programme/degree (or the one you intend to complete, if applicable).
- Academic transcripts – Please ensure that each academic transcript submitted includes clarification on the grading scale/range of grades possible for that degree.
*If you submitted your application for admission prior to applying for an ORS and have not included all of the required information in your admission application (e.g. details of your prizes on your CV), please submit this data to your department as part of Step 2 (below) along with your research proposal and research supervisor reference. Please use this Reference Form if needed. We have prepared information that may be helpful for your referee, the UCL Guidance for Referees. We suggest you provide your referee with a copy of this document when asking for an academic reference.
Step 2 – Submit additional documents to your department
*The following instructions apply to both prospective and current students. Applicants must contact their academic department to notify them that they would like to be considered for an ORS and must submit the following documents to them:
- A lay summary of their research proposal, on a Word or Pdf document (maximum 200 words). When writing your research proposal/outline please note that the selection panel members are not likely to be specialists in your subject. Please describe clearly – in language which can be understood by academics from any discipline – the aim of your research, the methodology you will use and the potential significance of this study to your discipline. It is extremely important that you pay attention to this summary and write in as clear language as possible as it may significantly affect the outcome of your application. The proposal should be written by you, not your supervisor or any other academic department staff.
- Applicants must also submit an additional reference for which this Reference Form template should be used. This reference should relate to your current or intended research programme/project, for which you are seeking funding. This reference MUST be provided by your research supervisor at UCL. If you are a prospective student and your supervisor has not yet been allocated, please contact your department to confirm who your UCL supervisor will be.
All application materials should be sent to the relevant academic department/institute/division/unit. Please check with the administrative staff in your departmental office for details of who to send your application to.
All applicants for the UCL Overseas Research Scholarships (ORS) will automatically be considered for a UCL Graduate Research Scholarships (GRS) and, if applicable, the UCL-CSC (China Scholarships Council) Scholarships.
You must apply for admission and submit the additional information to your department no later than Friday, 5 January 2018.Please be aware that some academic departments set their own deadlines which may be earlier than this date, so make sure you check with them directly.
Potential candidates must ensure that they submit all scholarship application materials by the deadline irrespective of whether an offer of admission has reached them or not. The UCL Student Funding Office will check UCL systems at a later date to confirm whether the scholarship applicant holds an offer of admission and on what date that offer was made.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on Friday, 5 January 2018
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.