TWAS Prizes for Scientists in Developing Countries
The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) is awarding eight prizes of USD 15,000 each to individual scientists who have been working and living in a developing country for at least ten years.
Each prize is accompanied by a medal. Nominations of women scientists are particularly encouraged. Selection of the awardees is made on scientific merit and on the recommendations of the selection committees composed of TWAS members. Full details:
More About the TWAS Prizes for Scientists in Developing Countries
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. get the E-book for free by dropping your thought on the article in the comment box.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched scholarships you can utilize in 2020
- Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries
- Scholarships For Developing Countries
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS
Level/ Field of Study
Prizes are available to individual scientists in developing countries who are in any of the following fields of science: agricultural sciences, biology, chemistry, earth sciences, engineering sciences, mathematics, medical sciences, and physics.
The TWAS Prizes for Scientists in Developing Countries is hosted at Italy. If you are an international student and you desire to study in Italy. Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in Italy.
Each year the Academy awards eight TWAS prizes of USD15, 000 each. Each prize is accompanied by a medal.
About Eight TWAS prizes will be awarded.
TWAS Prizes for Developing Countries Scientists are targeted for Applicants of developing countries (Bangladesh, Bolivia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Guatemala, Iran, Isl. Rep., Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Syria, Thailand, Trinidad, and Tobago.
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship
Eligibility for the TWAS Prizes
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Candidates for TWAS Prizes for Developing Countries Scientists must be scientists who have been working and living in a developing country for at least ten years immediately prior to their nomination. They must meet at least one of the following qualifications:
- Scientific research achievement of outstanding significance for the development of scientific thought.
- Outstanding contribution to the application of Science and Technology to industry or to human well-being in a developing country.
- Members of TWAS and candidates for TWAS membership are not eligible for TWAS Prizes.
- Self-nominations will not be considered.
- TWAS is inviting nominations from all its members as well as science academies, national research councils, universities, and scientific institutions in developing and developed countries.
- Nominations must be made on the nomination form and clearly state the contribution the candidate has made to the development of the particular field of science for which the prize would be awarded.
- The nominee’s CV and her/his complete list of publications are also required.
- Nominations of women scientists and scientists from scientifically lagging countries are particularly encouraged.
- The re-nomination of a previously declined candidate shall be accepted only if it bears substantially new elements for judgment.
The names of the winners will be announced on the first day of the TWAS 26th General Meeting.
Application Procedure for the TWAS Prizes
How to nominate a scientist
- The organizations intending to award TWAS prizes for young scientists in their respective countries will be requested to sign an agreement of collaboration with TWAS outlining the rules and regulations governing the scheme.
- Candidates eligible for the prizes should be no older than forty years of age at the time of winning the prize; hold at least a Master’s degree; have a good record of research publications in internationally recognized journals; be living and working in the country of the awarding organization.
- Nominations of women scientists are particularly encouraged.
- A committee of eminent scientists in the country — including TWAS members, where applicable — should be formed for selecting the prize winners. Names of committee members should be sent to TWAS for information.
- The awarding organizations should send a complete profile of the selected nominees to TWAS, providing details on their achievements together with curriculum vitae and list of publications. Approval of TWAS is required before announcing the names of the winners.
- The prize should be presented to the awardees by a high-ranking public figure (e.g., head of state/government, minister of science and technology) at a special ceremony.
- The prize money will be provided by TWAS to the awarding organization in the form of a cheque made out in the name of the awardees.
Application Deadline for the TWAS Prizes
The deadline for the application is 1 June 2020
Inquiries and completed nomination forms should be addressed to:
TWAS Prizes for Young Scientists
Strada Costiera 11
Italy Phone: +39 040 2240 427
Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
It is important to read the application procedure and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
We also recommend other scholarship opportunities.
- OFID Scholarship for Egyptian Students
- 24 fully funded scholarships for developing countries
- World Bank Short Courses for Developing Countries [UPDATED]
- International Undergraduate scholarships for Angola Students [UPDATED]
- Best Basketball Scholarships for Developing Countries
- 230 Fully-funded Commonwealth Shared Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries
- 17 Czech Republic Government Scholarship for Developing Countries
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- APPLICATION LINK
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
Hurry and apply for the TWAS Prizes for Developing Countries Scientists, 2019/2020. Read through the get information on how to apply and TWAS Prizes application deadline.