TWAS-CEMB Fellowship Program in Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology in Pakistan.
TWAS and the National Centre of Excellence in Molecular Biology (CEMB) in Lahore, Pakistan are offering fellowship opportunities for developing countries’ scholars. CEMB will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs, such as food, accommodation and health insurance. Sandwich option is available. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Pakistan
Level: postdoctoral level.
- 01-Agricultural Sciences
- 02-Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
- 04-Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences
Deadline: 31st August 2017
Funded By: TWAS and The National Centre of Excellence in Molecular Biology
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): TWAS-CEMB Fellowship Program is targeted for Citizens of Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, India, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya,
|Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe can apply for this fellowship program.|
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Minimum of 6 months and a maximum of 12 months
‣ Scholarship covers: TWAS-CEMB Fellowship will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs, such as food, accommodation and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
‣ For young scientists from developing countries (other than Pakistan) who wish to pursue PhD and postdoctoral research in molecular biology and molecular genetics at the National Centre of Excellence in Molecular Biology (CEMB) in Lahore, Pakistan.
TWAS-CEMB Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable at departments of the National Centre of Excellence in Molecular Biology (CEMB) for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months in the following fields: molecular biology, molecular genetics, plant molecular biology or medical molecular biology.
CEMB will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs such as food, accommodation and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.The language of instruction is English.
To be eligible for TWAS-CEMB Fellowship Program, applicant must fit the following criteria:-
- Be a maximum age of 45 years on 31 December of the application year;
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan);
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
- Be regularly employed in a developing country (other than Pakistan) and hold a research assignment there;
- Hold a PhD degree in a field of natural sciences;
- Provide an official Acceptance Letter from CEMB (see sample Acceptance Letter in the application form). Requests for acceptance must be sent to the Acting Director of CEMB (Prof. Tayyab Husnain: by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting Prof. Tayyab Husnain, applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with copy of their CV and a research proposal outline,
- The deadline for submitting requests for an acceptance letter to Prof. Dr. Tayyab Husnain is 31 July 2017. Therefore, please apply for the acceptance letter from him before this date.
- provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
Scholarship Application Method
Applicants should submit the acceptance letter from CEMB when applying or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
Applications will be received by CEMB between April and 31 July each year for screening and scrutiny to issue the acceptance letters to the eligible candidates.
Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper, SIGNED and sent as attachments via e-mail to TWAS and CEMB. The subject line must contain CEMB/PDoc and the candidate’s surname. N.B. Only signed reference letters can be accepted. The letters can be submitted either by the referee or by the applicant directly
Applicants to the TWAS-CEMB Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme should send one copy of their application (by email) to TWAS and one copy (hard copy only) to CEMB.
• TWAS Fellowships Office
ICTP Campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Phone: +39 040 2240-314
Fax: +39 040 2240-689
•Dr. Bushra Rashid
National Centre of Excellence in Molecular Biology (CEMB)
87 West Canal Bank Road, Thokar Niaz BaigLahore 53700, Pakistan
Tel: +92 42 35293141-6 Ext 142
Fax: +92 42 35293147
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 31st August 2017.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.