TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme in Thailand.
TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme for young scientists from developing countries. Fellowships are available for young scientists from developing countries (other than Thailand) who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in biotechnology at the National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC) in Thailand. Fellowship is providing a standard monthly allowance which covers living costs, such as accommodation and food. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Thailand
Level: Postdoctoral Research
02-Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
03-Biological Systems and Organisms
04-Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences
Deadline: 15th September 2017
Funded By: TWAS-Biotechnology at the National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship is targeted for Citizens of developing countries (other than Thailand ): Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Iran, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, India, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Malaysia, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru
|, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Mexico, Timor Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe can apply for these postdoctoral fellowships.|
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in BIOTEC and its affiliated research units for a period of twelve (12) to twenty-four (24) months and are awarded to young scientists from developing countries (other than Thailand) to enable them to pursue advanced research in the biotechnology.
‣ Scholarship covers: BIOTEC will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation and food.
‣ For young scientists from developing countries (other than Thailand) who wish to pursue advanced research in the biotechnology at the National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC) in Thailand.
TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in BIOTEC and its affiliated research units listed on this website http://www.biotec.or.th/en/index.php/news-2016/1208-biotec-post-doctoral-fellowship for a period of twelve (12) to twenty-four (24) months and are awarded to young scientists from developing countries (other than Thailand) to enable them to pursue advanced research in biotechnology.
BIOTEC will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation and food. The language of instruction is English.
To qualify for TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship, candidates must fullfill all of the following requirements:
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- be nationals of a developing country (other than Thailand).
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Thailand or any developed country.
- hold a PhD degree in any of the following fields: molecular biology, molecular genetics, microbiology, biochemistry, protein crystallography, organic chemistry, biotechnology, bioinformatics, or related disciplines.
- apply for the fellowship within THREE years of having obtained a PhD degree in a fields of the natural sciences specified above;
- must not be more than 40 years old on 31 December of the application year;
- be regularly employed at a research and/or teaching institution in their home country where they must hold a research assignment.
- provide an official Acceptance Letter from BIOTEC (see sample Acceptance Letter on page 5). Requests for acceptance must be directed to the BIOTEC Research Support Division (e-mail email@example.com) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting BIOTEC, applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with copy of their CV and a research proposal outline;
- provide evidence of proficiency in English, if the medium of instruction was not English.
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
Scholarship Application Method
Applicants should submit the Acceptance Letter from to BIOTEC Research Support Division to TWAS and BIOTEC when applying or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper, SIGNED and sent as attachments via e-mail to TWAS and BIOTEC. The subject line must contain BIOTEC/PDoc and the candidate’s surname. N.B. Only signed reference letters can be accepted. The letters can be submitted either by the referee or by the applicant directly.
Applicants for the TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme should send their application to TWAS and BIOTEC (by e-mail).
Contact Details• TWAS Fellowships Office
ICTP Campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Phone: +39 040 2240-314
Fax: +39 040 2240-689
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org • BIOTEC Research Support DivisionNational Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC)113 Thailand Science Park,Phahonyothin Road,Khlong Nueng, Khlong LuangPathumthani 12120 ThailandTel: (66-2) 564 6700 ext. 3154Fax: (66-2) 564 6707Email: email@example.com
2017 PDoc application form 191 KB
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: The deadline for receipt of applications is 15 September of each year.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.