The International Relations Committee of the American College of Surgeons (ACS) is pleased to announce travel awards for surgeons aged 30 to 50.
These awards provide international surgeons with the opportunity to attend and participate fully in the educational activities of the ACS annual Clinical Congress.
They are proposed to specifically assist surgeons who work in community or regional hospitals or clinics in countries other than the United States and Canada, or who are from poorly resourced academic departments of surgery in poorly resourced countries.
- What You Need To Know About The Travel Awards for Surgeons in Developing Countries
- Level / Field of Study:
- Host Nationality
- ELIGIBLE NATIONALITY:
- Scholarship Worth:
- The Travel Awards for Surgeons in Developing Countries Eligibility:
- How to Apply For The Travel Awards for Surgeons in Developing Countries:
- Application Deadline:
- WE ALSO RECOMMEND
What You Need To Know About The Travel Awards for Surgeons in Developing Countries
Each awardee will receive gratis registration to the annual Clinical Congress and to one available postgraduate course held during the Clinical Congress.
Assistance will be provided to obtain preferential housing in an economical hotel in the Clinical Congress city. In 2020, the Clinical Congress takes place in Chicago, IL, October 4–8.
A new Community Surgeon Travel Award has been donated through the generosity of the Doctors Duremdes family designated for Filipino surgeons.
It gives preference to meritorious applications from Iloilo Province, Panay Island, and non-urban Philippine communities.
Level / Field of Study:
Conference are available for graduates of schools of medicine who have completed their surgical training.
The conference is being taken in At the American College of Surgeons, Chicago, IL, the USA.
This Conference is available for Developing Countries.
These awards amount to $4,000 each. Each awardee will receive gratis registration to the annual Clinical Congress and to one available postgraduate course held during the Clinical Congress.
In order to qualify for consideration by the selection committee, all of the requirements must be fulfilled.
The Travel Awards for Surgeons in Developing Countries Eligibility:
- Applicants must be graduates of schools of medicine who have completed their surgical training.
- Applicants must be at least 30 years old, but under 50, on the date that the complete application is filed.
- The applicants must submit their applications from their intended permanent location. Applications will be accepted for processing only when the applicants have been in surgical practice, teaching, or research for a minimum of one year at their intended permanent location, following completion of all formal training (including fellowships and scholarships).
- Applicants must show evidence of commitment to high-quality surgery, to surgical teaching, and to improving access to surgical care in their community.
- Applicants must submit a fully completed application form provided by the College on its website. The application and accompanying materials must be submitted in English. The submission of a curriculum vitae only is not acceptable.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not already experienced training or surgical fellowships in the U.S. or Canada.
- Applicants must submit independently prepared letters of recommendation from three (3) of their colleagues. One letter must be from the chair of the department in which they hold a clinical or academic appointment or from a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons residing in their country. The chair’s or the Fellow’s letter is to directly address the applicant’s commitment to high-quality surgery, surgical teaching, and improving access to surgical care locally. Letters of recommendation should be submitted by the persons making the recommendations.
- The Community Surgeon Travel Awards must be used in the year for which they are designated. They cannot be postponed.
- Awardees are expected to provide a written report upon their return home, specifically focusing on the value of the visit to the awardee and the potential beneficial effect on patients in the country of origin.
- Unsuccessful applicants may reapply only twice and only by completing and submitting a new application together with new supporting documentation.
Duration of Programme: 4th–8th October 2020
How to Apply For The Travel Awards for Surgeons in Developing Countries:
- All applications for the year 2020 and all of the supporting documentation must be received online no later than July 1, 2020, in order for an applicant to receive consideration by the selection committee.
All applicants will be notified of the selection committee’s decision in November 2020. Applicants are urged to submit their completed applications and supporting documents as early as possible in order to provide sufficient time for processing.
The Scholarship Application Deadline for Travel Awards for Surgeons is 1st July 2020
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- Best Medical Scholarships For Students From Africa
- American College of Surgeons International Guest Scholarships
- American College of Surgeons International Scholarships
- American College of Surgeons Resident Research Scholarships in USA
- 35 Scholarship for Medical Students from Developing Countries
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if no, leave a comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.