SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Transnet Bursary South Africa Application
Transnet Bursary is targeted at South African students who they believe will be the future of the company. If this meets you right this could be the opportunity you have been looking for to move studies forward and be part of a big company. You are 2 minutes read away from grabbing this opportunity.
Transnet SOC Ltd was founded in the year 1990 and is the biggest logistical freight company in South Africa. Nevertheless, the year 1867 was the first time the country identified a need for railway services, upon the discovering of diamonds in Kimberly.
The company is responsible for transporting tons of goods around South Africa on a daily basis, via rail; port and pipeline. The company has headquarters situated at the Carlton Centre in Johannesburg and has a staff force of over 49 000 employees. They aim to deliver safe, reliable, cost-effective, efficient and integrated services in order to promote the economic growth of the country.
Transnet is composed of these operating divisions: railroad engineering (previously called Transwerk), freight rail (previously called Spoornet), vent terminals (previously called SAPO), a national ports authority (previously referred to as the NPA) and pipelines (previously called Petronet).
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. Read through for eligibility on how to get our scholarship ebook for free.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched scholarships you can utilize in 2019
- 2019/2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2019-2020
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2019-2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2019-2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2019-2020
Don’t miss any of these Scholarship opportunities. You can open any of these opportunities on a new tab.
What You Need To Know About Transnet Bursary
Transnet is providing bursary awards to students who they believe will be the future of the company as soon as they’ve completed their studies.
If you are a current full-time student or are in Grade 12 and are intended to study full-time next year, you have strong academic results and would like to become part of the country’s biggest freight company, you may be the perfect bursary candidate.
LEVEL/ FIELDS COVERED
The bursary will cover the following areas of research (BEng / BSc):
- Electrical Engineering (heavy current)
- Electronic Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgy Engineering (physical)
- Civil Engineering
This Scholarship is to be taken in SOUTH AFRICA. If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for you Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
The Bursary is open to all South African students to study in any of the country university. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
These expenses will be paid for by this bursary programme: tuition fees, textbook allowance, accommodation, meals, and experiential training.
Students might have to accomplish vacation work in Transnet during the June or December holidays.
On completion of studies, the successful bursary candidate is required to work at Transnet for the equal period of their bursary award. The bursary award will only be renewed should the student maintain satisfactory academic performance.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR Transnet Bursary For South African Students
Applicants should meet the following minimum entry criteria before applying(please note that failure to meet each of the requirements will result to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Achieved a minimum 5 symbol for Mathematics and Physical Science in Matric
- Studying full-time towards one of the aforementioned Engineering qualifications
- Studying at a South Africa University
CANDIDATE SELECTION PROCESS FOR TRANSNET BURSARY
The applications will be screened by the Transnet Bursary Department.
The candidates that fulfill the academic performance criteria will be shortlisted and invited for an interview.
The interviews will take place in Cape Town, Durban, Bloemfontein and Johannesburg.
Candidates will then be selected based on: the interview outcome, their academic results, and medical fitness.
HOW TO APPLY FOR TRANSNET BURSARY FOR SOUTH AFRICAN STUDENTS
DownLoad the Transnet Bursary Form (. pdf)
Please attach copies of the following supporting documentation with your application form:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Latest academic record (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration or tertiary acceptance letter
- Shortened Curriculum Vitae
Applications should be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Fax: 011 774 9235
3) Post/ delivery:
Transnet Freight Rail
Capacity Development Department
15 Girton Road
Deadline For The Application Of Transnet Bursary For South Africans
31 July Yearly.
(applications open on 1 May each year).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any questions related to this bursary programme, please contact Transnet directly:
Tel: 011 584 1192
Fax: 011 774 9235
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- 20 High School Scholarships in Canada 2019
- Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF) Bursary Awards 2019 For South Africans
- GRAL Labex Master Scholarship Program in France, 2019-2020
- University of Witwatersrand PhD Scholarship at, Johannesburg in South Africa, 2019
- TATA AFRICAN SCHOLARSHIPS IN SCIENCE,ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY 2019
- MIB Enrolment Award at Monash South Africa, 2019
- Kader Asmal Fellowship South Africa 2019
- 15 Cheapest Universities in Johannesburg: Tuition fees, Courses, and Ranking
- List of South African Scholarships 2019-2020- APPLY
- MSc & PhD Scholarship at University of South Africa, 2019