SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Offers are up at the Toyohashi University of Technology for Aichi Scholarship Program. Under this programme, students will enroll in graduate school after six-month research period to study the specialized fields and related subjects that support Aichi’s manufacturing industry.
About Toyohashi University of Technology
The Toyohashi University of Technology, often abbreviated to Toyohashi Tech, or TUT, is a national engineering university located in Toyohashi, Aichi, Japan.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Scholarships are available for pursuing graduate studies.
Scholarships are awarded to study the specializsed fields and related subjects that support Aichi’s manufacturing industry.
- Living allowance – 150,000 yen per month: The amount of living allowance in principle will be reduced under the following circumstances: You are out Japan for more than 30 days and the registered absence or long leave.
- Travel expenses to Japan – A predetermined amount of money, decided by the Governor, will be provided to each applicant to allow travel from their nearest international airport to Central Japan International Airport (economy class). Travel expenses from Japan – As a general rule, return airfare will not be provided.
- School Expenses – Entrance examination fees, entrance fees and tuition for both research and graduate study.
- Period of Scholarship – 2 years and 6 months beginning October 2017 and ending March 2020. When the pledge is breached or a scholarship student is judged unlikely to complete his/her study, the scholarship will be terminated at that time. If an applicant cannot pass the entrance examination for the Master’s course before March 2018, the scholarship will be terminated at the end of that month.
Scholarship can be taken in
- Citizenship: Applicants must hold citizenship of, and currently reside in, the following Asian countries: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, East Timor, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
- Age: Applicants must be under 35 years of age as of April 1, 2017, i.e. born on or after April 2, 1982.
- Qualifications for Applicants: Applicants must have bachelor’s degree or equivalent thereof. Applicants must have completed or will complete 16-year regular school education by the end of March, 2018.
- Field of Study: Applicants must study a subject recognised as pertinent to the support of Aichi’s manufacturing industry.
- Health: Applicants must be healthy both mentally and physically.
- Japanese Language Ability: Applicants must have a fairly good command of the Japanese language (N2 on Japanese Language Proficiency Test or above is recommendable) to study and seek employment in Aichi, or have the prospect obtaining sufficient language ability. Mater’s Course subjects for Aichi scholarship students are mostly given in Japanese. Aichi scholarship students must study the Japanese language during the first half year of research student period.
- Post-Scholarship Employment: Applicants must have the intention to seek employment at a company that has its headquarters or branch office located within Aichi (whether or not work placement should fall in Japan.)
- Internships: During their course of the study, applicants must participate in an internship program offered by companies introduced by the Aichi Prefectural Government.
- Other Scholarships: Applicants must not be receiving scholarships or grants from any other organization, including the Japanese government of their home country. Also, spouses of students currently receiving the scholarship from the Aichi Prefectural Government are not eligible to apply.
- Date of Arrival: Applications must be able to come to Japan by October 2017 on a day to be designated by the Governor.
- Other Conditions: Applicants must be admitted as a research student at a graduate school located in Aichi Prefecture from the period of October 2017 to March 2018. After arriving in Japan, applicants must enroll in the national health insurance system.
Citizens of Asian counties are eligible to apply.
List of Countries: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, East Timor, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have bachelor’s degree or equivalent thereof.
English Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: All application documents must be submitted by email first, then by postal mail.
updates on deadline will be communicated shortly