Canada is the abode for various global Top-Notch universities. The top Canadian universities are counted amongst the most excellent in the world, according to Times Higher Education’s World University Rankings in the year 2021.
You could not have heard of all of them, but with the top Canadian universities in the top 200, Canada offers numerous of the opportunities for a world-class education. Most of the schools are rated as best colleges in Canada for international students. and are reputed to be among the Canadian universities with a high acceptance rate.
The ranking of the university in Canada is evaluated with that of the United States, It also provides cheaper study options, simpler application processes and more opportunities for permanent residency. Most of the top colleges in Canada are deeply into research-oriented learning and technologically advanced.
- University of Toronto
- McGill University
- Université de Montréal (UdeM)
- University of British Columbia
- University of Alberta
- Simon Fraser University
- McMaster University
- University of Calgary
- Western University
- University of Waterloo
- Queen’s University
- University of Ottawa
- University of Victoria (UVIC)
- Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Université Laval
- Concordia University
- York University
- University of Saskatchewan
- University of Guelph
- Université du Québec
- University of Manitoba
- Université de Sherbrooke
- Carleton University
- University of Windsor
- Ryerson University
Here are the Top 26 Canadian Universities With The Highest Acceptance Rate In 2021
University of Toronto
Université de Montréal (UdeM)
University of British Columbia
University of Alberta
Simon Fraser University
University of Calgary
University of Waterloo
University of Ottawa
University of Victoria (UVIC)
Memorial University of Newfoundland
University of Saskatchewan
University of Guelph
Université du Québec
University of Manitoba
Université de Sherbrooke
University of Windsor
Cost of studying in Canada
Studying in Canada is affordable compared to other western countries. It is important to know that the cost of expenses in one institution is different from another. Living expenses, transportation, and lifestyle also factor that affect the budget and you need to make preparations for these expenses. As an international student, your expenses can vary between $17000 CDN – $33000CDN annually.
Tuition fees are determined independently by various universities. The program of choice you apply for has everything to do with your tuition cost, not all programs incur the same expense.
Engineering and medical programs incur higher fees than Social Sciences. Medical and Engineering programs may incur about $24,000 CND yearly while Arts and Humanities may cost around $ 18,000 annually, though it also depends on your institution of choice.
Tuition is paramount and you are required to provide evidence that you can pay for your tuition because it is a large part of your academic budget. It’s imperative to plan for books, feeding, living expenses and housing.
Majority of the institutions in Canada provide accommodation on campus and the cost is independent of tuition cost. A separate application is needed for housing if you want to study in Canada. The cost of an on-campus apartment is different from one institution to the next, closeness to your institution and your meal package also influences the cost of housing.
Most students stay away in cities renting flats or apartment. If you decide to stay off the campus, you need to make a budget for your living expenses, living expenses overall affect the cost of housing so it is important to make adequate preparations. Renting apartments usually cost between $700 CND – $1800 CND monthly depending on the vicinity and apartment type. Most universities offer the services of accommodation both on and off the campus.
Transportation and Feeding
Whether you live on or off-campus, transportation plays a major role in your successful stay in Canada. Some cities have very good transportation network and students can use affordable means of transportation like ferries, train, and buses. Some providers offer discounts and you can choose the mode of transportation that suits you. Transportation cost can reach $110 monthly.
Although feeding isn’t too expensive, it depends on personal preference. Eating outside can be expensive if you want to eat meals in food outlets, a couple of meals daily and drink costs about 24CDN. A cup of coffee sells for $3. Eating out or cooking is entirely up to you to decide.
Student VISA Application
To gain entry for studies, a visa is mandatory. The documents required for obtaining a Visa are as follows:
- You must be given an acceptance letter from a recognized institution
- Next stop is to get a Canadian student visa application package their online using CIC website or walk into a local visa office or consulate in your country. In other to get the visa application package, questions will be asked to determine if you are eligible for a Student Visa.
- If found to be eligible, you will be sent a personal checklist code with a page containing a code needed for submitting your application online which is only valid for 60 days. The printed out page also contains tuition fee amounts, a guide to applications, a list of documents to submit along with your application.
- Create a MyCIC account by providing your checklist code, where you will be given your personal document checklist which allows you to upload all your documents to CIC.
- After uploading the necessary documentation and paid your fees, submit your completed application to CIC
- Some students from certain countries require a biometric caption.
- Applying for a student visa would need proof of funds to sustain yourself during your study.
If your application is granted, you will be issued a Student Visa permit for 5 years depending on the period of your studies.
Need a Canadian Visa? Apply for Visa Lottery. Click the button to check out the available Canada Visa Lottery
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response on the comment box for us to serve you better.
- Department of Defense Stem Scholarship | USA
- Sugar Industry Scholarship at Sugar Research Institute in Australia
- 10 Public Health Scholarships in UK for Students from Developing Countries
- 24 fully-funded scholarships for developing countries
- 35 university scholarships for developing countries
- 35 university scholarships for developing countries
- 15 Best Civil Engineering Schools in Canada
- Top 20 Masters Scholarship for Marketing Students
- 30 scholarships To Study In Ukraine For International Students.
- International Student Scholarships at Kettering University in USA
- 10 Best Medicine Scholarships in Germany for Students from Developing Countries
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.