TOP 21 MASTERS DEGREE SCHOLARSHIPS FOR GEOMATICS ENGINEERING STUDENTS
Geomatics Engineering is the surveying of the entire or a part of the earth with various techniques (satellites positioning, satellite images processing, etc.) and the resulting spatial data is evaluated and expressed in maps and plans in the computer environment;
It is also an Engineering department that deals with all kinds of position-dependent measurement, calculation, analysis and visualization studies. Geomatics Engineering is one of the best engineering branches that are open to technological developments and best practice contemporary technology.
The aim of geomatics engineering is; the development and use of various spatial techniques based on modern technology to better understand, plan, organize, monitor and manage the earth we live in, the production of various maps and spatial data / information for the needs of the country (planning, property, defense etc.) and determining precise position (horizontal and vertical) of any kind of space or land related to the earth.
Working Areas of Geomatics Engineers
Graduates are able to work in official and private institutions operating in the following areas; – establishment of horizontal and vertical control networks that will form a base for professional activities,
– monitoring of earth movements and deformation measurements for the control of engineering structures,
– road, railway, bridge, dam, subway, tunnel projects and land application,
– location determination and vehicle tracking systems using satellites,
– data collection and processing using aerial photographs and satellite images,
– drawings of plans that will form a base for restoration activities with terrestrial photographs,
– the production of large, medium and small scale digital and printed topographical and thematic maps which will form a variety of working bases,
– various multimedia, visualization studies related to spatial data and maps, and presentations via internet and mobile devices.
The Following are Scholarships For Geomatics Engineering:
1) Fully Funded FIG Foundation PhD Scholarships for PhD Candidates.
FIG Foundation is here to offer scholarship to encourage students who eager to acquire their PhD in Surveying/Geomatics from any nationality
Application Period: February yearly.
This scholarship is worth 4,000 Euros which will be provided by FIG.
Be studying for a PhD degree and registered solely in a surveying/geomatics academic programme that teaches surveying in a country listed by the World Bank as a low-income, lower-middle or upper-middle income economy,
Must have had a paper accepted by a peer reviewed international journal based on their doctoral research project; applicants should be the lead author, and the paper should be co-authored with their supervisor,
Should not have submitted their final thesis at the application deadline.
Applicants should submit the following set of documents in English in the order set out below as a single file in PDF format on A4 size paper:
- A cover sheet showing the candidate’s personal details and those of his/her institution.
- A 200 word abstract. This should be written in terms understandable to the lay person; similar to a press release and which the FIG Foundation could actually use as a press release in the event of a successful application.
- A one page research proposal as per the template below on A4 size paper. Note that the one page limit will be strictly enforced; material that extends beyond one page will be deleted.
- A copy of the paper that has been re-submitted to the journal after corrections have been completed.
- A letter from the editor of the journal indicating that the paper has been accepted and that the necessary corrections have been completed satisfactorily.
- The journal paper’s referees’ reports.
- A list of peer reviewed journal publications over the last 6 years using the International Journal of Geographical Information Science (IJGIS) reference list format. See Notes for Authors on the IJGIS website.
- A list of research funding obtained over the past 5 years, indicating which grants are peer reviewed or not.
- A description of research compliance, the research account and activity auditing structures and processes in their institution. For example, if a scientist spends money inappropriately, are there structures in place to refund the granting agency?
- A copy of the ethics approval notice for the research from the institution if that is relevant to the grant application. If ethics clearance is not required, then this should be stated in the application.
- A budget indicating how the funds will be spent and a one page justification of the budget. Note that as a general rule, equipment will not be funded. Travel to FIG Conferences to present results and tuition fees may be included in the budget. Per diems for field work will not be funded, but reasonable actual costs of field work are refundable.
After following the above procedure, the proposal will be forwarded via email to: [email protected]
It can also be forwarded by post:
The FIG Foundation
Kalvebod Brygge 31-33
DK-1780 Copenhagen V
Tel. + 45 3886 1081
Fax + 45 3886 0252
2) Fully Funded Masters Degree Scholarship for International Geomantic Engineering Students at Queen Mary University of London in UK, 2019
The School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science at Queen Mary University of London is inviting applications for PhD Studentship in When Machine Learning Meets Big Data in Wireless Communications. The aim of this PhD project is to use social media data to predict the requirements of mobile users for improving the performance of wireless networks.
The School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science is one of the oldest departments of its kind in Britain. Did you know we helped set up the first internet node in the UK and were the first to provide the now popular Apple/Unix workstations for students.
Applications Date: Every September
Course Level: Studentship is available to study PhD programme.
Nationality: All nationalities are eligible to apply for this studentship.
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: All nationalities are eligible to apply for this studentship.
How to Apply: To apply, please follow the on-line instructions at the college website for research degree applicants. At the page, select ‘Geomatic Engineering in the list’ and follow the instructions on the right-hand side of the web page.
Interested Candidates Should Click Here To Apply >
3) Master of Land Economy (Rural Surveying), ISS or MLE, PgDip
As part of our commitment to attracting the very best students to join our diverse international community, we are delighted to offer the University of Aberdeen International Undergraduate Scholarship. This scholarship is worth one year’s tuition fee and is open to all international undergraduate students studying for at least 4 years or more at the University of Aberdeen (excludes Medicine & Dentistry).
The City and the University of Aberdeen have an excellent track record in welcoming international students. We want the Aberdeen experience to be the best you can have anywhere and to be accessible to students from across the world. We have taken bold new steps to further enhance the student experience on offer to our students, by investing heavily into new facilities and resources that will benefit all, and by revolutionizing our curriculum to modernize the structure, content, delivery, and flexibility of Aberdeen degrees to ensure they match the needs of graduates and employers.
You must be applying for undergraduate study beginning in September 2019
You should be classed as international for the purposes of tuition fees
For a list of the terms and conditions, please click here.
How to Apply
You will be considered for and notified of the University of Aberdeen International Undergraduate Scholarship as part of the application process.
To Process The Scholarship Click Here>
4) Geospatial & Mapping Sciences – MSc/PGDip/PGCert
This Masters scholarship in Geospatial & Mapping Sciences focuses on understanding the theory and practice of geospatial data collection, land and hydrographic surveying, data and information quality, applications of survey information, and research and development in the field of geomatics. It is strongly endorsed by industry, accredited by the RICS and has an excellent employment record.
About this programme
This programme meets the academic requirements for membership of relevant professional bodies and is accredited by the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors.
If you are seeking a career in geomatics: land and engineering surveying; hydrographic surveying; land registration/cadastre and LIS; photogrammetric and remote sensing engineering; management of geospatial information; this programme is for you.
The MSc in Geospatial and Mapping Sciences is an industry-sponsored programme and has been developed in close collaboration with industry to meet global demand for professionals in this field.
5) Scholarship For MSc/PgDip Surveying and Land/Environmental Management
Surveying roles encompasses all activities concerned with measuring and recording information about the world that surrounds us.
A surveyor can work in many different environments for a variety of reasons; building, residential, commercial, environmental and quantity. Today, surveying holds just as much relevance, yet the demand has drastically grown bigger due to an enhanced interest in developing and managing the physical world.
This Scholarship programme is taught by the internationally renowned Camborne School of Mines (CSM), a combined world-class mining school and geoscience department. With accreditation from both the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors and the Chartered Institute of Civil Engineering Surveyors, this MSc is recognized by professional associations around the world.
Whilst there are other MSc programmes available with the word surveying in their title, there is no other comparable programme in the UK.
Content covered in this programme is very unique as aside from covering the fundamentals of surveying, it delves into geomatics, minerals, and environmental topics, equipping students with distinctive practical and specialist skills.
This varied programme means that upon graduation, our students are not limited to surveying careers in the built environment, and as a result, they are recognized and pursued by industry for their diverse knowledge and skills. If you are interested in finding out more, feel free to get in touch with Us.
You can either study the course full time over a year or part-time over 3 years.
The compulsory Modules comprise of; Professional Development, Health, and Safety in the Extractive Industry, Land Surveying, Project Management, Advanced Surveying, Mine Wastes: Principles, Monitoring, and Remediation, GIS For Surveyors, Law for Surveyors, Land Management, Project and Dissertation
This duration of this programme is 12 months full time; up to 36 months part-time. The Deadline for receipt of Scholarship application is 7th January 2019. Register through the application link below.
The increase in environmental regulation and concerns globally about climate change, a distinction of species, deforestation, loss of green belt and more has to lead to an increased focus about how best to manage environmental issues longer term.
Many organizations across all sectors have found successful collaborations and partnerships have not only helped them manage risk but improve their learning’s within environmental management to improve learnings in their own discipline as a result.
As population increases there is more demand on planning to provide an effective level of environmental understanding and knowledge. Food production now has to be carefully managed due to climatic and weather challenges to ensure we create the best scenarios for sustainability.
Often the relationship between planning and environment has been fractious due to economic benefit arguments or other planning benefits; however the challenges of changes to the environment which have been highly publicized more recently mean that we need to innovate and work together for our future.
This scholarship combines multiple disciplines to give you a contemporary environmental context of development from a scientific and social perspective with practical tools to inform decision making looking at all important aspects such as planning, economics, environment, research, governance and partnership working.
The University of Aberdeen is offering two scholarships of £3,350 towards Tuition Fees for the MSc Environmental Partnership Management.
The scholarships are open to applicants holding an offer of admission for the MSc Environmental Partnership Management one year full-time degree programme starting in September 2018. The scholarships are not open to applicants wishing to study the programme on a part-time basis.
Applicants must be classified by the University as Home/EU or RUK for tuition fee purposes.
The MSc Environmental Partnership Management Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and demonstration of particular personal characteristics (please see Guidelines for full details).
Please read the guidelines fully before completing the application form. To apply, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below. Please complete the application form and select the ‘MSc Environmental Partnership Management Scholarships’ as the scholarship that you are applying for. Once you have fully completed the application form, click ‘Submit Form’. You will then receive an automated email confirming that your application has been received.
7) 2019 Victoria University Graduate Research Scholarship for International Students
The new Victoria University Graduate Research Scholarship is now available on offer for all Domestic and International students.
Victoria University is an Australian public university based in Melbourne, Victoria. It is a dual-sector tertiary institution providing courses in both higher education and Technical and Further Education.
The purpose of the RTPSS International and the Victoria University International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (VUIPRS) is to support high-quality research by assisting students with excellent academic qualifications who wish to participate in postgraduate research programs in Australia.
Applications Deadline: The 2019 Victoria University Graduate Research Scholarship main rounds are open in the following periods: August 27 to October 1, 2019 (8am AEST) for international applicants, 1st September to 31st October 2019 (midnight AEST) for domestic applicants.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to study Postgraduate research programme.
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is available for Domestic and International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
All applicants must meet the University’s minimum academic entry requirement of a 70% (Distinction VU standard) average in the most relevant qualifying degree.
Applications for graduate research scholarships are always highly competitive. Therefore, applicants are expected to have, at a minimum, a 1st class honors (80%+ average) or equivalent.
How to Apply: Apply through the online application system (external link) when applications are open.
8) MSc Environmental Partnership Management Scholarships for 2019-20 available
For Applicants seeking Admission to Study, Geomatics Engineering is very simple, this is a good opportunity for you. Grab this scholarship opportunity to sStudyAbroad.
About the Scholarship Two partial fee scholarships are available for the MSc Environmental Partnership Management. The successful applicants will each receive £3,350 as a contribution towards the cost of programme fees.
The scholarships are open to students holding an offer for the MSc Environmental Partnership Management one year full-time degree programme commencing in September 2019.
Course Duration: 12 Months Full Time, 24 months Part Time.
Students eligible for Home/EU/RUK fees are eligible to apply for the scholarships.
The applications for this scholarship will commence in the month of September 2019, and more information is available here.
9) Türkiye Scholarships Graduate Program 2019 for Master Studies in Turkey (Fully Funded)
Application Period: November yearly
Türkiye Scholarships are government-funded competitive scholarships awarded to international students and researchers to pursue full-time degree and research programs at the most prestigious universities in Turkey.
Apart from providing educational opportunities at an international caliber as well as a wealth of knowledge and experience, Turkey also offers scholarships to outstanding international students from all over the world to study in the most prestigious universities in Turkey.
- Applications for 2019 Türkiye Scholarships will be open between 1-30 November 2019
Countries that are Eligible for this Scholarship are:
Angola, Argentina, Australia, Botswana, Brazil, South Africa, South Korea, Kenya, Colombia, Costa Rica, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Paraguay, Peru, Rwanda, Singapore, Chile, Thailand, Uganda, Uruguay, New Zealand, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- The Applications for this Scholarship will be open to applicants who wish to study at bachelor’s, masters and doctoral levels.
- Candidates must not be older than 21 years of age for the undergraduate degree, 30 years of age for a master’s degree and 35 years of age for a doctoral degree.
- Applicants who apply to Türkiye Scholarships must be a graduate or able to graduate at the end of the current academic year.
- Tuition Fee
- Monthly stipend
- Free accommodation
- Arrival and return flight ticket (economy class – one time only)
- One-year Turkish language course
- General health insurance
- Academic/cultural programs organized by Türkiye Scholarships
- For Master’s Students 950 TL per month
- For PhD Students 1,400 TL per month
- For Research Scholarships 3,000 TL
- Candidates have to meet the criteria of the university and department which they choose.
- If it is requested by the university or department, candidates must submit the necessary documents such as the scores of SAT, TOEFL, DELF, YDS, etc.
- Applications of candidates who do not submit the required documents will not be evaluated.
- In the application system, universities and departments which candidates can choose will be available according to the educational background of the candidate.
- Candidates may only choose universities and departments available to them in the system. An additional choice of university or department that is not available in the system is not possible.
Call Center at 0850 455 0982 or send an e-mail
10) Fully- Funded Commonwealth PhD Scholarships 2019 for Study in Singapore
The Commonwealth Scholarship is awarded to outstanding international students from Commonwealth countries seeking admissions as full-time candidate pursuing a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme by research at the University. This Scholarship is for new, incoming students who are not Singapore citizens or permanent residents. A number of students are selected each semester by the University for the award.
The Scholarship is open to candidates who meet the following criteria:
- nationals from any Commonwealth countriesexcept for Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents;
- have graduated with an undergraduate degree with at least Second Class Honours (Upper Division) / Honours (Distinction) or equivalent;
- at the time of award of the Scholarship, must have been offered admission to a full-time Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme by research; and
- should not be on paid employment or accept paid employment or concurrently hold any other scholarship, fellowship, bursary or top-up allowance during the prescribed period of the award
- The monthly stipend for International PhD students will be S$2,000 and scholars in the PhD programme may be eligible for an additional stipend of up to $500 per month upon passing the PhD Qualifying Examination (QE), subject to good performance in research and the attainment of required standards for courses taken.
- In addition to the monthly stipend, the award also covers the annual tuition fee.
The University reserves the right to vary the amount of the stipend at any time by written notice.
Application Period: January 2019.
The Scholarship is tenable for one (1) year in the first instance and thereafter may, subject to the Scholar’s satisfactory progress, be renewed each semester at the University’s discretion. The maximum period of the Scholarship is 4 years for PhD candidates.
11) Obama Foundation Scholars Program 2019/2020 for emerging leaders to study at the University of Chicago
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program will give rising young leaders around the world who are already making a difference in their communities the opportunity to take their work to the next level through a newly designed curriculum that brings together academic, skills-based, and hands-on learning.
The Scholars Program empowers individuals with a proven commitment to service with the tools they need to make their efforts more effective, to identify innovative solutions to complex global problems, and promote change through values-based leadership.
The program will build lasting relationships among emerging leaders who are committed to working together to solve the most pressing challenges of our time, creating a global network that reaches across issues and borders.
After completing the program, Obama Foundation Scholars will return to their communities and continue the important work they started in the program by implementing their own personalized action plan. They will also have an opportunity to play a role in the Obama Foundation’s efforts to inspire, train, and connect rising leaders from around the globe.
Application Period: April 2019.
Rising leaders from around the world who meet the below criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Significant work experience and professional accomplishments with a clear trajectory of increasing impact.
- Demonstrated record of community service or working for the public good, either through a full-time professional role or significant engagement outside of primary employment.
- Possess a clear focus on a globally applicable challenge.
- A clear commitment to return to and reinvest your new skills in your community after the program concludes.
- Obama Foundation Scholars at the University of Chicago will earn a Master of Arts degree focused on International Development and Policy at the University of Chicago Harris School of Public Policy.
- In addition to classroom studies, the Obama Foundation will offer a robust program of leadership development and service activities throughout the academic year to help Scholars gain the real-world skills, tools, and experiences to expand the impact of their work when they return home.
- These may include leadership development convenings; program experiences in New York and Washington, DC; speaker series with innovators across a variety of sectors; individual and group service projects; mentorship through the Obama Foundation network; potential internship placements; and action plan development for post-program activities.
- Some of these Foundation activities will include experiences throughout Chicago and the South Side.
- By engaging with the local community, students will have the opportunity to complement what they learn in the classroom and also to bring their unique perspectives to Chicago.
12) Fully-funded Australia Awards Scholarships
Australia Awards Scholarships are long-term awards administered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
They aim to contribute to the development needs of Australia’s partner countries in line with bilateral and regional agreements.
They provide opportunities for people from developing countries, particularly those countries located in the Indo-Pacific region, to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
The study and research opportunities provided by Australia Awards Scholarships develop the skills and knowledge of individuals to drive change and contribute to development in their own countries.
Australia Awards Scholarships are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training.
The following benefits generally apply:
- Full tuition fees
- return air travel—payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route
- establishment allowance—a once only payment as a contribution towards accommodation expenses, text books, study materials
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) – a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by the department.
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP)—a compulsory program prior to the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on living and studying in Australia
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for award holder only)—provided to cover the scholar’s basic medical costs (with the exception of pre-existing conditions)
- Pre-course English (PCE) fees—if deemed necessary PCE may be available for students for in-country and/or in-Australia training
- supplementary scademic support may be available to ensure a scholar’s academic success or enhance their academic experience
- fieldwork (for research awards and Masters by coursework which have a research component where fieldwork is compulsory) may be available for eligible research students for one return economy class airfare via the most direct route to their country of citizenship or within Australia.
Asia, Pacific, Africa and Middle East
Applicants who want to accept an Australia Awards Scholarship will need to sign a contract with the Commonwealth of Australia declaring that they will comply with the conditions of the scholarship.
Scholars are required to leave Australia for a minimum of two years after completing their scholarship. Failure to do so will result in the scholar incurring a debt for the total accrued cost of their scholarship.
13) The 2019 University of Adelaide Family Scholarship – International (Fully-Funded)
The University of Adelaide is offering the Family Scholarship (International) to commencing international undergraduate and postgraduate students who are either spouse or immediate family of an existing University of Adelaide student or alumnus.
Value of the scholarship
The scholarship offers a 25% tuition fee reduction for the minimum standard full-time duration of the scholar’s chosen undergraduate or postgraduate degree.
Scholarships in this program have the following conditions:
- Available for students commencing in 2019 only;
- Available for commencing direct-entry international undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students, including those who are required to undertake a Pre-Enrolment English Program (PEP)prior to their degree commencement;
- Open to citizens of any country (except Australia and New Zealand);
- Provides a waiver of 25% of the annual tuition fee for each year of the program for the full duration of the degree.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Have a University of Adelaide offer of admission (full offer or conditional offer) as a full-fee-paying international student;
- Complete the acceptance process as outlined in your offer of admission.
Note: Scholarship applicants who are eligible for more than one scholarship offered by the University of Adelaide will only be entitled to receive one scholarship (the highest value scholarship award that they are eligible for)
Terms and conditions of the scholarship
Please download a copy of the scholarship terms and conditions (pdf file) (pdf file).
Note: The University of Adelaide reserves the right to award, amend or cancel the Scholarship at its discretion. The terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be subject to change without prior notice.
How to apply for the scholarship
- Applicants may apply online for a scholarship at any time
- Applicants must have received an offer of admission from the University before lodging their scholarship application (applicants with a conditional offer may apply, but will need to accept and meet the conditions of their offer before a scholarship can be confirmed)
Note: Scholarship applicants who submit incomplete and/or inaccurate scholarship applications will not be eligible to receive a scholarship.
Scholarship closing date
Scholarships are open throughout the year but applicants are encouraged to finalize their admissions process and scholarship application as early as possible to allow enough time for them to apply for a visa and prepare for their studies.
14) Finnish Government Scholarship Pool 2019/2020 for Doctoral level studies & research in Finland (funded)
The Finnish Government offers scholarships of 3-9 months for Doctoral level studies and research at Finnish universities or public research institutes.
The Finnish Government Scholarship Pool programme is open to young researchers from all academic fields. The scholarship cannot be applied for Master’s level studies or post-Doctoral studies/research.
In order to be an eligible applicant for this scholarship, you must first successfully apply for a study/research placement at a Finnish university/public research institute – in other words, you must be at least provisionally accepted either as a visiting Doctoral-level student/researcher, or as a full-time Doctoral degree student. Please see section Doctoral Admissions for information on how to apply for a Doctoral-level study or research placement in Finland.
The scholarships are based mainly on cultural agreements or similar arrangements between Finland and the following countries:
Australia, China, Cuba, Egypt, Israel, Japan, Mexico, Mongolia, Namibia, Peru, Republic of Korea, Turkey, Ukraine and USA (please see the section Fulbright-EDUFI Fellowships on the Fulbright Online website)
Application Deadline: February 2019
Applicants from other participating countries: you can download the 2019-2020 application form using the below link.
Interested Applicants should contact us around February 2019
The scholarship includes:
- A monthly allowance of EUR 1500. The allowance is sufficient for one person only.
Expenses due to travel, international or in Finland, are not covered by the programme. Scholarship recipients are recommended to make arrangements for sufficient insurance coverage for their stay in Finland. Please see the section ‘Practical matters‘ for information on the practicalities of coming to Finland as an international student/researcher.
Application form & the required documents
Applicants from USA: please refer to the “Fulbright-EDUFI Fellowship” instructions & application form on the Fulbright Online website.
Applicants from other participating countries: you can download the 2019-2020 application form using the below link.
> Finnish Government Scholarship Pool application form 2019-2020
Please save the application form on your own computer before completing it. The form should be typed throughout. To move between different fields, use the “Tab” key. Relevant boxes can be ticked by using the “Space” key or the left-hand mouse button. After completing the form, please print and sign it.
If needed, the application form can also be obtained from the national scholarship authorities or directly from the Finnish National Agency for Education.
Documents required for an application:
- A completed and signed application form
- Curriculum vitae
- Copies of latest diplomas*
- Two letters of recommendation
- Study/research plan (2-5 pages, including a statement of motivation, goals, work plan, work method, expected results)
- Invitation/expression of interest and motivation for cooperation from the hosting Academic supervisor in Finland
- Language certificate (Finnish, Swedish or English) or other indication of sufficient language skills – please see above, in the section ‘Eligibility criteria’
Copies of original diplomas accompanied with translations into English, Finnish or Swedish – if the original certificates are not in these languages. Preferably official translations. Please do not send in any originals as the Finnish National Agency for Education will not return any application documents.
14) Government of Canada Francophonie Scholarship Program (CFSP) 2019 for Study in Canada (Fully Funded)
The Canadian Francophonie Scholarship Program (CFSP) is a scholarship program designed to build institutional capacities by training employed nationals from developing countries of La Francophonie.
The program is entirely funded by the Government of Canada, which has entrusted the management of the program to the consortium Canadian Bureau for International Education / World University Service of Canada since January 1st, 2015.
The long-term goal of the program is to promote the development of recipient countries by giving priority to:
- Training of trainers, particularly in the field of technical and vocational education
- Improving the skills of college and university personnel in the field of education and research
- Increasing and strengthening the skills of specialists and managers in the public and private sectors
Candidates are selected by using a quota system for each recipient country. The quota approach allows recipient countries to define their own priorities for training, as well as the level of training required for the development of their institutions.
Application Deadline: Varying by Country
Institutions targeted by recipient countries conduct internal recruitment campaigns to identify qualified candidates who show the greatest aptitude for helping strengthen their institution’s capacities when they return to their country.
Candidates identified and selected may apply for university studies leading to a master’s and doctoral degree, for technical and vocational training, or for short-term internships.
Clinical training in pharmacy, medicine and dentistry is excluded.
Candidates must hold a key position so that the knowledge they acquire will benefit the capacity building of their institution.
Evaluation of Applications
A local advisory committee formed by representatives of various ministries selects candidates in their country. The accredited Canadian diplomatic mission acts as observer to ensure transparency of the selection process.
The local advisory committee takes into account the candidates’ jobs in the sector or institution to be strengthened and the level of academic excellence as defined by host institutions. An equal number of applications by gender and country is required, and fluency of candidates in spoken and written French is also mandatory.
Final admission to college or university is the sole responsibility of the relevant institution, and the scholarship becomes effective only when the candidate is admitted to the educational institution.
For More Information:
15) GE Africa/ALU Africa Industrial Internet Program 2019 for young African Professionals (Full Tuition Scholarships Available)
The Africa Industrial Internet Programme, a year-long programme, has been developed to address the demand for a digital-savvy workforce in the increasingly data-ridden industrial organizations.
Developed by ALU and powered by GE, the programme empowers participants to develop the requisite skills for building applications for the Industrial Internet. We achieve this through offering modules in machine learning and big data analytics, Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and cloud-based application development to individuals and professionals interested in preparing for the Industrial Internet.
Staggering amounts of data are generated every moment from millions of sensors connected to equipment and devices, especially in asset-rich industries. Unlocking the value of big data will dramatically improve business productivity and make significant bottom line impact.
Capitalizing on the Industrial Internet, however, requires a new suite of skills – Data Exploration, Machine Learning Methods, Industrial Application Development and more.
The in-person intensives will be held at GE Africa Innovation Centre in Johannesburg, South Africa.
AAIIP is a very rigorous one-year long program that focuses heavily on projects and the development of practical skills such that participants can apply their skills to their work directly as they progress.
The AIIP will equip you to work in any data-rich environment across industries and enable you to add value by developing a data-driven decision-making approach to business operations. Post-AIIP, you can continue working focused on specific verticals in analytics, industrial IoT, or further your studies in machine learning or application development on the cloud.
The intrapreneurship skills will prepare you to lead innovation across functions such as asset maintenance, and plant operations that will impact the bottom line of your business.
Application Deadline: October 31st, 2019
There are 2 rounds of applications for the 2019 AIIP Cohort:
- Round 1: September 3 – 30, 2019
- Round 2: October 8 – 31, 2019
- AIIP is for individuals looking to pioneer innovations in the industrial internet, enhance their skills and advance their careers by learning how to take full advantage of industrial big data to influence the bottom line of their business.
- The programme is expecting to enroll up to 75 participants.
Participants are required to:
Have a quantitative background/ An engineering/software development background is preferred.
Other desired attributes include:
- Being recent graduates or professionals in the following industries: Oil and Gas, Power generation and distribution, Manufacturing, Transportation
- Have basic business acumen particularly in engaging clients
- Familiarity with Python coding is a plus; not mandatory
- Strong analytical and statistical reasoning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated intent or plans to champion digital change in their organization
- GE is offering a limited number of competitive full tuition scholarships for the 2019 AIIP cohort.
- Scholarships will be awarded on a rolling basis, you are encouraged to apply to the program as early as possible in order to be considered for scholarship.
- To apply for the scholarship, simply indicate your interest in the application form and submit an essay telling us why you think we should consider you for the scholarship.
16) Korean Government Scholarship Program 2019 for study in South Korea (Fully Funded)
Korean Government Scholarship Program are open to international students for pursuing undergraduate programme at higher educational institutions in Korea. The scholarship will contribute to promoting the international exchange in education and to deepening the mutual friendship among countries.
GKS (Global Korea Scholarship) Program is a scholarship program that paid by the Government of the Republic of Korea for foreign nationals in the Republic of Korea and the Ministry of Education organized, responsible for the project implementation agency directly under the Ministry of Education National Institute for International Education.
To provide international students with opportunities to conduct advanced studies in undergraduate & graduate programs at higher educational institutions in the Republic of Korea in order to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendship between countries.
Available Options in Universities
- Undergraduate course: 4-year courses at designated universities
Transferring between universities is not allowed. (e.g. Starting studies at the junior year is not allowed.)
- Graduate course: Master’s or Ph.D. courses at general graduate schools of Korean universities
Total Candidates to be Selected
- 170 persons (undergraduate course), 700 persons (graduate course)
Korea Language Training
- Grantees are required to take Korean language training courses for 1 year at a language institution located on-campus of the domestic universities. (Those who have attained a Korean language fluency score higher than level 5 in TOPIK are exempt from this requirement.)
Both an applicant and his/her parents must be citizens of their country of origin.
※ Applicants should not hold Korean citizenship.- Applicants should have adequate health, both mentally and physically, to stay in a foreign country for a long time.
※ Should be under 25 years of age at the date of entrance. (Undergraduate)
※ Should be under 40 years of age at the date of entrance. (Graduate)
※ Have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of all elementary, middle, high school courses by the date of arrival. (Undergraduate)
※ Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution attended.
※ Hold a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree by the date of arrival. (Graduate)
※ Applicants who have previously acheived in any undergraduate program, master’s program, or doctoral program in Korea cannot apply for this program.
However, a former or current KGSP scholar who hold the overall grade of 90% or above can reapply to this program once either through the embassy or university track.
|Actual cost||KRW 200,000||Under|
than 5 million
KRW per semester)
Procedure for the Scholarship Award
- NIIED invites the Korean Embassy in the invited country or a domestic university to recommend potential candidates.
- Applicants should submit all documents related to their scholarship application to the Korean Embassy in their country of residence to or the domestic university concerned.
- The Korean Embassy or the domestic university sends proper candidates to NIIED with the required documents.
- NIIED evaluates potential candidates and notifies the Korean Embassy of the final selected KGSP grantees.
|Announcement released||Sept. in the year prior to planned studies in Korea||Feb. in the year of planned studies in Korea|
(Korean Embassies, designated universities)
|Oct.-Nov. in the year prior to planned studies in Korea||Mar.-Apr. in the year of planned studies in Korea|
|Results released||Jan. in the year of planned studies in Kore||June in the year of planned studies in Korea|
|Arrival in Korea||Late Feb. in the year of planned studies in Korea||Late Aug. in the year of planned studies|
- APPLICATION LINK
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
Are you an Geomatics Engineering Looking forward to Study Abroad? Here is a List of Top 21 Masters degree Scholarships for Geomatics Engineering Students.