Well; when it comes to funding, One of the most well-funded international scholarships is research scholarships. Foreign governments fund international research scholarships to establish their countries as global research hubs.
Universities set up international research scholarship programs to attract high-quality students to contribute to their research efforts. Research scholarships are usually towards Masters by Research/Thesis or Ph.D. Degree.
By way of definition, I will say Research is a careful and detailed study into a specific problem, concern, or issue using the scientific method. It’s the adult form of the science fair projects back in elementary school, where you try and learn something by performing an experiment. Scholarships are offerings that aid students study through the provision of financial aids.
This brings us to the reason why this article was written. This enumerates the Top 15 Research Scholarships for International Students to study abroad and carry out their research.
Each scholarship will cover the tuition fee for a postgraduate student and that chargeable to an overseas postgraduate student and most times The awards do cover maintenance expenses and every other required.
- Government-funded International Research Scholarships
- 1. Fulbright Foreign Student Program (USA)
- 2. Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Canada)
- 3. Australia Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships (Australia)
- 4. Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships (Switzerland)
- 5. CIMO Doctoral Fellowships (Finland)
- 6. New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships (New Zealand)
- University-Funded International Research Scholarships
- 7. Adelaide Scholarships International (Australia)
- 8. Melbourne Research Scholarships (Australia)
- 9. University of Sydney International Scholarships (Australia)
- 10. Cambridge International Scholarship Scheme (UK)
- 11. Warwick Chancellor’s International Scholarships (UK)
- 12. Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships (UK)
- 13. Nottingham Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship for Research Excellence (UK)
- 14. Sussex Chancellor’s International Research Scholarships (UK)
- 15. IRO Doctoral Scholarship Programme at K.U. Leuven (Belgium)
- WE ALSO RECOMMEND :
Government-funded International Research Scholarships
1. Fulbright Foreign Student Program (USA)
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program are prestigious scholarships for international students who want to pursue a Master’s or Ph.D. degree in the United States.
The Fulbright program provides funding for the duration of the study. Above all, the grant also funds tuition, textbooks, airfare, a living stipend, and health insurance.
2. Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Canada)
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) was created to attract and retain world-class doctoral students and to establish Canada as a global center of excellence in research and higher learning.
Above all, the scholarships are towards a doctoral degree (or combined MA/Ph.D. or MD/Ph.D.). Also, the scholarship is worth $50,000 per year for three years.
3. Australia Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships (Australia)
The Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships support both domestic and overseas students undertaking Research Doctorate and Research Masters degrees, known as higher degrees by research (HDRs).
The scholarship provides one or more of the following: tuition fees, living costs, and ancillary costs (health insurance, relocation costs, publication costs).
4. Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships (Switzerland)
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships provide graduates from all fields with the opportunity to pursue doctoral or postdoctoral research at one of the public-funded university or recognized institution in Switzerland.
The scholarship covers a monthly allowance, tuition fees, health insurance, lodging allowance, etc.
5. CIMO Doctoral Fellowships (Finland)
The CIMO Fellowships program is open to young Doctoral level students and researchers from all countries and from all academic fields who wish to pursue their Doctorate (or Double Doctorate) at a Finnish university.
The scholarship period may vary from 3 to 12 months and includes a monthly allowance.
6. New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships (New Zealand)
The NZIDRS provides scholarships for international students to undertake PhD study in any discipline at a New Zealand university.
The NZIDRS covers University tuition fees and associated student levies for 3 years, an annual living stipend, and medical insurance.
University-Funded International Research Scholarships
7. Adelaide Scholarships International (Australia)
The University of Adelaide offers the Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI) program to attract high quality international postgraduate students to areas of research strength in the University to support its research effort.
The scholarships include course tuition fees, annual living allowance, and health insurance.
8. Melbourne Research Scholarships (Australia)
The Melbourne Research Scholarship (MRS) was established by the University of Melbourne and is awarded to high achieving domestic and international research students.
The benefits of the Melbourne Research Scholarship vary depending on your circumstance and may include one or more of the following: fortnightly living allowance, relocation allowance, paid sick, maternity and parenting leave, full fee remission (international students only) and Overseas Student Health Cover (international students only).
9. University of Sydney International Scholarships (Australia)
The University of Sydney invites candidates who are eligible to undertake a Postgraduate Research Degree or Master’s by Research program at this University to apply for the University of Sydney International Research Scholarship (USydIS).
The USydIS will cover tuition fees and living allowance for up to three years.
10. Cambridge International Scholarship Scheme (UK)
The University of Cambridge will offer, via the Cambridge Trusts, approximately 80 Cambridge International Scholarships to Overseas Students who embark on a research course leading to a Ph.D. Degree.
Each award will underwrite the full cost of fees and maintenance for the duration of the course.
11. Warwick Chancellor’s International Scholarships (UK)
The Warwick Graduate School awards around 25 Chancellor’s International Scholarships to the most outstanding international Ph.D. applicants yearly.
The scholarships are open to students of any nationality and to any discipline offered at Warwick. Also, the scholarships include the full payment of overseas tuition fees and a maintenance stipend.
12. Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships (UK)
The Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships are designed to attract high quality overseas research students to the University of Edinburgh.
Each award covers the difference between the tuition fee for a UK/EU graduate student and that chargeable to an overseas graduate student. The awards do not cover maintenance expenses.
13. Nottingham Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship for Research Excellence (UK)
The University of Nottingham offers scholarships for international students who wish to pursue a Ph.D. or MPhil research program at the University.
The scholarship cover full tuition fees.
14. Sussex Chancellor’s International Research Scholarships (UK)
The University of Sussex is seeking to attract international research scholars for full-time doctoral studies in eligible fields of study at the University.
The scholarship will cover international fees and stipend.
15. IRO Doctoral Scholarship Programme at K.U. Leuven (Belgium)
K.U.Leuven offers IRO (Interfaculty Council for Development Co-operation) scholarships to deserving students from developing countries to do their PhD in the largest university in Flanders, Belgium.
The scholarship includes living allowance, tuition fees, health insurance, accident insurance, and return tickets.