Agriculture is the cultivation and breeding of animals, plants, and fungi for food, fiber, biofuel, medicinal plants, and other products used to sustain and enhance human life. which is why you may need to apply for any of our top Ph.D. Scholarships for Agricultural Science Students.
Agricultural science is a broad multidisciplinary field of biology that encompasses the parts of exact, natural, economic, and social sciences that are used in the practice and understanding of agriculture.
Agricultural science include research and development on, Plant Breeding and Genetics, Plant Pathology, Horticulture, Soil Science, Entomology, Production techniques, Improving agricultural productivity in terms of quantity and quality, Minimizing the effects of pests, Transformation of primary products into end-consumer products, Prevention and correction of adverse environmental effects, Theoretical production ecology, relating to crop production modeling.
Traditional agricultural systems, Food production, and demand on a global basis, various sciences relating to agricultural resources and the environment, biology of agricultural crops and animals, etc.
- About Agriculture
- CIALCA Agriculture PhD Scholarship for Researchers in Africa (Fully-funded to Brussels, Belgium) 2020
- Sir Eric Smart Masters and PhD Scholarship in Agriculture Science at University of Western Australia, 2020
- UP and MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program for Africans in South Africa, 2020
- SEARCA offers Full Master’s and PhD Scholarships in Agriculture and Related Sciences, 2020
- Lord Walston Scholarship for African Students at University of East Anglia in UK, 2020 (Fully Funded)
- Dr. Karl C. Ivarson Agricultural Scholarship for Canadian Students, 2020
- GNPC Foundation Undergraduate Scholarships for Ghanaian Students, 2020 (Fully-Funded)
- FAO – Hungarian Government Scholarship 2020 Masters and PhD
- DAAD Postgraduate (Master’s/PhD) Scholarships 2020 for Study in Germany – Fully Funded
- Richard Davidson Undergraduate International Scholarship for Agricultural Science in UK, 2020
- University of Pretoria MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program (PhD and MCFSP) 2020 for study in South Africa (Fully Funded)
- Anne Vallee Ecological Fund Scholarship – Fund Support
- ENS International Selection Scholarships for International Students in France, 2020
- Undergraduate Scholarships at Earth University in USA, 2020 (Fully Funded)
- UQ PhD Scholarships for International Students in Australia (Masters/PhD) 2020
Agriculture is a big industry, and most of the careers are related to science and/or business. The agriculture industry plays a major role in the economy of most countries in the world. Hence, if you have the passion, skills, and knowledge, there are several opportunities.
The study of agriculture is called agricultural science or agricultural technology. The field combines the natural and social sciences, along with economics, engineering, and management (particularly natural resources management and business management) of biological systems to practice.
Agricultural Science uses the fundamentals of biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, and statistics to solve the problems of the agriculture-food industry.
With a degree in agricultural science, you can have careers in the agricultural sector. Major domains within the agricultural sector include agribusiness, public and private agencies, government and policy-making agencies, and private consulting companies.
Listed below are The Top Scholarships For Agricultural Science Students
CIALCA Agriculture PhD Scholarship for Researchers in Africa (Fully-funded to Brussels, Belgium) 2020
Application Deadline: June (Annually).
CIALCA Agriculture is pleased to call for applications for PhD Scholarship as IITA and Bioversity International kicks off the new sandwich scholarships under CIALCA R4D. This is a great opportunity for candidates who are eager to develop their careers in agriculture-based livelihoods in Central Africa!
The Consortium for Improving Agriculture-based Livelihoods in Central Africa (CIALCA) is a unique international research and capacity building consortium that brings together international research centers, African and European universities and national and international development partners with an immense experience in the science and the practice of agricultural development.
Participants will be part of a group of CIALCA PhD students, each of the participants working on an individual research project at the interface of science and international development in the African Great Lakes Region).
Participants will be co-supervised by a team of highly qualified researchers: at least one from your host international University, one from the national partner organization, and one from the CGIAR international agricultural research institutes.
For a candidate to be eligible for this program, he/she is expected to have Rwandese, Burundese or Congolese nationality AND need to be contacted by a local academic or research institution in those countries at the time of application and throughout the PhD course.
CIALCA makes room for four (4) new PhD positions for candidates as follows: Rwanda – (2 candidates), Burundi – (1 candidate) and DR Congo – (1 candidate).
This program is valued to get global experience by spending between 18 and 24 months in a Belgian International University.
In addition to your individual research project, you will gain from an exciting network-wide training program, including workshops, courses, and mutual practical projects together with other PhD students. This will boost your experience as well as a suite of transferable skills, including in communicating scientific results and ICT skills to perform research in inventive and applied ways.
This programme is a 4-year PhD sandwich scholarship contract of which about 18 to 24 months will be spent in Belgium.
Interested Candidates that Want to Apply for this programme should follow the below procedure:
- Ph.D. Position I: Household Heterogeneity To Strengthen Agricultural And Rural Development (open to applicants from Rwanda) Link >
- Ph.D. Position II: Managing Nutritional And Entrepreneurial Objectives (open to applicants from Rwanda)
- Ph.D. Position III: Agri-Food Systems Pathways To Improve Human Nutrition In Banana- And Cassava-Based Systems (open to applicants from Burundi)
- Ph.D. Position IV: To Be Announced Soon (open to applicants from DR Congo)
Sir Eric Smart Masters and PhD Scholarship in Agriculture Science at University of Western Australia, 2020
Application Deadline: 2nd November, 2020
The University of Western Australia is pleased to call for applications for a scholarship to assist and encourage a high- achieving student to undertake a master’s degree at the University with a dissertation concerning the agricultural productivity in grain crops in Western Australia.
This University is a public research university in the Australian state of Western Australia, with QS World Ranking of 5 Stars+ – it also rank in the top one percent (%) of universities worldwide.
This scholarship is available for the PhD and Masters Degree program and the scholarships are awarded to study in Agriculture Science. It is valued up to $5000 (Five thousand dollars) per annum. A single scholarship is available for the award every year. Countries to participate in the scholarship are: Australia, international and EU students
It can be taken in Australia.
Candidates applying for this programme whose first language is not English will need to prove that his/her English language skills are at a high level to succeed in your studies.
For a candidate to be eligible for the application of this scholarship, the candidate must have completed Bachelor of Science majorly in Agricultural Science or Bachelor of Philosophy (Honours) mainly in Agricultural Science.
The candidate must have applied for admission or be qualified to enroll in a Master’s Degree by coursework and dissertation offered by the Faculty of Science and also show interest in research related to agricultural productivity in grain crops with an emphasis on light soil types in Western Australia.
All Applications for these Scholarships and Prizes and must be submitted before the above application deadline.
All applications must be submitted together with the following:
A research proposal abstract (max 2500 words) which must address the eligibility requirement 8(c) and that covers; the hypothesis; Background; Aims and objectives; and Significance and outcomes; and Curriculum vitae.
UP and MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program for Africans in South Africa, 2020
Deadline: Application opens for Masters opens on March, and closes September yearly. Application for the PhD opens in May and closes October yearly.
The University of Pretoria (UP) in affiliation with the MasterCard Foundation (MCF) is delighted to announce MasterCard Foundation Scholarship commencing in January 2020. This program is available for high achieving African students interested in studying at undergraduate or postgraduate levels.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program is a 10-year, $500 million global initiative to educate and develop next-generation leaders who will contribute to social and economic transformation. The Program permits young people from economically disadvantaged communities to comprehensive quality secondary and university education, and make successful transitions to further education or careers in their home countries.
The idea for this scholarship is to be a leading research-intensive university in Africa, recognized internationally for its quality, relevance and impact, as also for developing people, creating knowledge and making a difference locally and globally.
Scholarships are available to for both Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs. Mastercard Foundation offers a full scholarship to students who have applied for and been admitted to one of the following undergraduate study programs at the University of Pretoria.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
All citizens of Sub-Saharan African Countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship viz:
Ivory Coast, Tunisia, Angola, Benin, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Somalia, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Republic of the Congo, Eritrea, Western Sahara, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Algeria, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome, and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Namibia, Togo, Madagascar, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
For any candidate to be eligible for this programme the must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants should come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and demonstrate financial penury.
- Candidates should demonstrate leadership potential and should be involved in a giving back project e.g. in a church, community, school, etc
- Academic excellence is vital and students have to sustain a high academic average at all times. Candidates are required to be first time applicants as first-year students in the degree programme.
For undergraduate scholars
The MCFSP currently offers scholarships to students who have applied for and have been admitted to one of the following faculties at UP:
- Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities (Political Studies or International Studies only).
For Postgraduate Scholars
- Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities for entry into the Honours or Masters (Political Studies or International Studies only)
- Faculty of Engineering – continuing students are eligible to apply
English Language Requirements:
Application Process; Follow the Links below to apply
SEARCA offers Full Master’s and PhD Scholarships in Agriculture and Related Sciences, 2020
Application Deadline: 31st July of every year.
The scholarship is available for Masters and PhD in Agriculture and related Sciences at SEARCA. Nationalized candidates of SEAMEO member countries (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam) are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
The SEARCA – Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) is a non-profit organization established by the Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization (SEAMEO).
SEARCA vision is to meet contemporary development challenges and provide leadership in enabling an environment for sustainable agricultural and rural development (ARD) in Southeast Asia.
Applicants eager to enroll for this scholarship should have 550 TOEFL score for paper-based and 213 TOEFL score for computer-based) or IELTS results (6.0). The TOEFL results must be subjected by Princeton, New Jersey, USA.
Candidates from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Scholarships are obtainable for candidates pursuing Masters and PhD program. Proposed thesis research should focus on SEARCA’s overarching theme of inclusive and sustainable agricultural and rural development (ISARD).
Thus, areas of specialization of scholarship applicants must pursue should be agriculture or related sciences, which include but are not limited to those that fall under the following program clusters:
- Agricultural/Biological sciences
- Forestry and Fisheries
- Social Sciences
- Agro-industrial Technology and Engineering
- Environmental Sciences
- Economics and Agribusiness
Furthermore, priority research topics must fall within the ISARD strategic thrusts on social inclusion, environmental sustainability, and cross-cutting concerns.
This Scholarship covers tuition and other school fees; travel allowance (roundtrip air ticket from home country to study post and local transportation); thesis/dissertation support; book and supplies allowance; health insurance; and remuneration for food, lodging, and incidental expenses. This scholarship can be taken in Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, and Malaysia.
Applicants must not be more than thirty-five (35) years old (Master’s Degree) or 40 years old for (PhD) years of age at the time of application.
All applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- SEARCA Scholarship Application Form two (2) copies;
- Application forms for admission to the Graduate School of the universities where the applicant might pursue graduate studies under SEARCA scholarship;
- Official transcript of academic records of each degree completed (BS transcript for MS applicants and BS and MS transcripts for PhD applicants);
- Certification of employment;
- A brief description of the research the applicant plans to conduct for the thesis/dissertation.
The research topic should be in line with the thrusts of SEARCA’s Tenth Five-Year Plan i.e., communal equity, environmental integrity and regional economic integration by encouraging food and nutrition security;
value chains and agribusiness commodity systems; innovations and modern technologies; rural entrepreneurship; climate change adaptation and resiliency, natural resource management; sub-regional cooperation in trade and investments; and management policies/reforms that deals with rural poverty, inequitable growth, and environmental degradation.
- Curriculum vitae;
- Two copies of passport-size pictures of the applicant;
- Certification from a medical doctor that the applicant is in good physical and mental health condition and is fit to undertake graduate studies;
- Official endorsement from the employer; and
- Results of Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): score of 550 for paper-based and 213 for computer-based) or IELTS results (6.0). The TOEFL results must be subjected by Princeton, New Jersey, USA.
Lord Walston Scholarship for African Students at University of East Anglia in UK, 2020 (Fully Funded)
Deadline: March 2020.
The University of East Anglia is pleased to announce the Lord Walston Scholarship for African students. The scholarship is awarded to undertake MA/Ph.D. Agriculture and Rural Development, the MSc Environment and International Development or the MSc Climate Change and International Development program. The Scholarship covers complete fees and maintenance (living expenses). The application deadline is March 2020.
The Scholarship is awarded for the following programs: PhD/MA Agriculture and Rural Development, the MSc Environment and International Development, or the MSc Climate Change and International Development.
The scholarship is accessible for pursuing a master’s degree at the University of East Anglia in the UK.
All candidates are expected to have met the School’s English language requirements and been offered and accepted a place on the course by this date. All successful candidates will be contacted by the admissions department. Scholarship might be available on the basis of academic excellence for applicants from Africa.
Scholarship Open for International Candidates:
Candidates of Africa (Namibia, Mali, Algeria, Angola, Benin, Western Sahara, Malawi, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon,
The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Egypt, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome, and Principe, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe) can apply for this Lord Walston scholarship.
One Lord Walston Scholarship might be available, on the basis of academic excellence, for applicants from Africa who are working in natural resource-based projects (agriculturalist/natural resource) applying for a place on the PhD Agriculture and Rural Development, the MSc Environment and International Development or the MSc Climate Change and International Development. The Scholarship covers complete Fees and Maintenance (living expenses).
Number of awards offered by this program is one (1), the scholarship offered for the duration of the program, the scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit.
All qualified candidates recommended by the school are automatically considered for nomination.
Dr. Karl C. Ivarson Agricultural Scholarship for Canadian Students, 2020
Deadline: May 2020
Agricultural Institute of Canada Foundation (AICF) is currently offering Agricultural scholarship to students from the province of Alberta in their university studies in agriculture or a related discipline. In the year 2020, there will be one Master of Science scholarship of $8,000 and one PhD scholarship of $13,000.
The scholarship is for full-time study in the 2020 academic year. Payment of the scholarship will be made to the recipient and award is subject to receipt of written confirmation of enrollment from the university that the recipient is attending.
The scholarship is awarded in agriculture or a related field and it is available for pursuing Masters and doctoral degree program, donor for this scholarship is Agricultural Institute of Canada Foundation (AICF) and this scholarship can be taken in Canada.
The scholarship is for students of Canada (from the province of Alberta) can apply for this Agricultural Scholarship.
For a candidate to be eligible for this scholarship, the candidate must:
- Candidates must hold Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Resident status.
- Candidates must be registered full-time in a masters or doctorate program in the area of agriculture or related discipline.
- Candidates must be enrolled in their graduate program until at least one semester beyond the application deadline.
- Previous recipients of this scholarship are not eligible for subsequent awards.
- Candidates must be from the province of Alberta by meeting at least one of the following criteria. Specify the one criterion that most closely matches your documentation:
- An applicant with a permanent residence in Alberta, Canada for a minimum of 12 months prior to the application deadline.
- A student studying agriculture or a related discipline at an Alberta university.
- A graduate of an Alberta high school or post-secondary institution but studying at a non-Alberta institution.
- An applicant born in Alberta.
- Significant knowledge of and attachment to Alberta, as demonstrated through a series of short term residences including some primary or secondary schooling in Alberta.
Dr. Karl C. Ivarson was a soil scientist with Agriculture Canada in the Soil Research Institute, Soil Biochemistry Section.
In 1978 he was transferred to the Chemistry and Biology Research Institute where he researched and resolved many problems of the effect of microbial activity on mineral transformations in soils.
The Dr. Karl C. Ivarson Agricultural Scholarship was established in 2020 to support students from, or previously from, the province of Alberta pursuing studies in agriculture or a related field. The first scholarships were awarded in the 2020 academic year.
The number of scholarships will depend on the income initiated by Dr. Ivarson’s generous gift to the AIC Foundation. In the year 2020, there will be one Master of Science scholarship of $8,000 and one PhD scholarship of $13,000 (Thirteen thousand dollars).
The selection of scholarship beneficiaries will be based only on information provided as part of the application.
No limits are placed on scholarship applicants holding other grants or awards or receiving assistance or income from other sources.
Scholarships are awarded on the following sources, but not necessarily placed in order of importance:
Career interests, Academic achievement, Letters of recommendation, Areas of study and Leadership.
Applicants are expected to complete the AIC Foundation’s Dr. Karl C. Ivarson Scholarship application in full. All inquiries must be responded to completely.
If extra space is needed, use separate sheets. Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions and a letter from the university confirming enrollment in your current program are mandatory to be submitted in support of the application before the application deadline.
Reference letters will only be accepted when submitted by the applicant (sealed) by the referee envelopes or sent directly via email to email@example.com from the referee. All completed applications Send the completed application form along with the supporting documentation via post.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application is currently closed at the moment, check back for an update.
GNPC Foundation Undergraduate Scholarships for Ghanaian Students, 2020 (Fully-Funded)
Applications Deadline: September, Annually
The Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC) is pleased to announce GNPC Foundation Local Scholarships for the academic year 2020. This scholarship is obtainable for young Ghanaians and the scholarship can be taken in Ghana.
The main aim of this scholarship is to provide financial support to Ghanaian students to study at accredited public tertiary Institutions in Ghana.
The GNPC (Ghana National Petroleum Corporation) is Ghana’s National Oil Company (NOC), established in 1983 by PNDC Law 64, to support the government’s objective of providing adequate and reliable supply of petroleum products and reducing the country’s dependence on crude oil imports, through the development of the country’s own petroleum resources, the Scholarship is available to study undergraduate degree programme, awarded to study: a) Agricultural Science b) Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) c) Special Education and d) Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET)
This scholarship covers Tuition, Living Expenses, Book Allowance, and Dissertation / Project Allowance.
For an applicant to be eligible for this scholarship he/she must:
- Be a Ghanaian,
- Must have gotten admission to undertake a Degree program at Public/State-owned Universities at the time of application.
- Inclination would be given to students with disabilities.
Apply online through the GNPC official Scholarship website: Click Here To Apply
Applicants are expected to submit hard copies of the following documents to the GNPC Foundation office at Takoradi: Curriculum Vitae (CV), Admission letter, Birth certificate, and Results.
Applications should be submitted by before the deadline (ending of September annually). Note: this call is only for PhD Applicants.
FAO – Hungarian Government Scholarship 2020 Masters and PhD
Deadlines: January – 28 February 2020
The FAO – Hungarian Government scholarship programme is available for candidates pursuing their Masters Degree / PhD program under Agricultural sciences, Agricultural biotechnology, Horticulture, Animal nutrition, and feed safety courses can apply for 2020 Academic year.
This programme is being financed by the Hungarian Government, according to the agreement between FAO and Hungary in the year 2007. Scholarship candidates are entitled to the same health care coverage offered to Hungarian students during the course of the scholarship. The scholarship covers student costs only; family members are not supported during the period of this programme.
Candidates are required to have English language proficiency (certificate of proficiency in English will be required in this scholarship), candidates not be more than thirty (30) years old.
To participate in this program, you must be nationals of the following countries: Afghanistan, Somalia, Turkmenistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kenya, Burkina Faso, Uzbekistan, Chad, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Macedonia, Madagascar, Myanmar, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Namibia, Nigeria, North-Korea, the Philippines, Serbia, South-Sudan, Sudan, Tajikistan, Armenia, Uganda, Ukraine, Vietnam, Mali, Yemen.
The subsequent universities will participate for this program:
- Szent István University, Faculty of Horticultural Sciences (previously having fit into the Corvinus University of Budapest)
- Szent István University, Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- Kaposvár University, Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
This scholarship will cover:
- Application and tuition fees throughout the study period;
- Dormitory accommodation;
- Basic books and notes;
- Subsistence costs.
Interested applicants should prepare a file (enclosed with their credentials) to be sent by e-mail consisting of candidate’s, candidates should submit their application as soon as possible:
- Latest curriculum vitae Application form duly completed
- A copy of high school/college diploma and transcript/report of study or copy of the diploma attachment
- Copy of certificate of proficiency in English
- Copies of relevant pages of passport showing expiration date and passport number
- A letter of recommendation
- Statement of motivation
- Health Certificate issued by Medical Doctor
- Certificate of Good Conduct issued by local police authority.
Every submitted documents must be in English language, any document submitted in any other language will not be accepted. It is the applicant’s responsibility to make sure that documents are duly translated and certified by a competent office; and that each document is saved with a name that identifies what it is.
Note: These applicants will have to submit the complete dossier once again (by e-mail only!).
Scholarship Study Contract will be signed between the selected candidate and the Ministry of Agriculture of Hungary (MoAH), which is the donor of the program at the time of first-semester registration.
Candidates desiring to explore external funding opportunities to cover the travel costs may do so at their own initiative. However, in view of the length of the process, applicants wishing to apply for 2020 scholarships are strongly encouraged to E-MAIL their application while they endeavor to identify funds or awaiting confirmation that such funds will be granted.
For inquiries concerning the program or the application should be sent to REU-Scholarship@fao.org
DAAD Postgraduate (Master’s/PhD) Scholarships 2020 for Study in Germany – Fully Funded
Deadline: Varying by Institution
Currently, the application is ongoing at DAAD Postgraduate (Master’s/Ph.D.) scholarships; this is a great opportunity for interested candidates to apply for the scholarship. The duration of this programme is 12 to 24 months for Masters (depending on the particular institution) and 36 months for PhD
This programme is being funded by the BMZ (Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development), but admission also open to self-financed participants or students financed through government or other sources
The worth of this scholarship depends on the academic level, monthly payments of 750 Euros for graduates or 1,000 Euros for doctoral candidates. Other payments include: payments towards health, accident, personal liability insurance cover, Travel allowance unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
With its development-tilting postgraduate study programmes, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and countries that industrialized newly. Sound trained local experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a better future with reduced poverty, more education and health for all.
The scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialized countries from all disciplines and with at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in outstanding cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
Graduates with at least two years’ professional experience, while individual scholarships exclusively for Postgraduate courses in Germany that are listed on the “List of all Postgraduate courses with application deadlines”.
Presently, postgraduate courses are offered in the following fields:
- Economic Sciences/Business Administration/Political Economics
- Natural and Environmental Sciences
- Social Sciences, Education and Law
- Engineering and Related Sciences
- Medicine and Public Health
- Regional and Urban Planning
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Development Cooperation
- Media Studies
Required Documents For Processing of this Scholarship
- Hand-signed CV (please use the samples) through this Link
- Hand-signed Letter of Motivation (with reference to present occupation, maximum of two pages)
- Research Proposal
- Academic Letter(s) of Recommendation from your university; the letter must have a signature and official stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope)
- Professional Letter/s of recommendation from your employer; the letter must have a signature and official stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope)
- Certificate(s) of Employment from the employer in the home country and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment upon returning home.
- Proof of Language Skills:
- English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note: The institutional TOEFL is not accepted.)
- German – required for courses taught in German
- Copies of Academic Degrees
- Copies of Academic Transcripts
- Copy of School Leaving Certificate
- Applicants from the People’s Republic of China are asked to submit an APS Certificate with their application documents
Richard Davidson Undergraduate International Scholarship for Agricultural Science in UK, 2020
Application Deadline: May, Annually
Currently, the University of Edinburgh is offering Richard Davidson Undergraduate International Scholarship. The scholarship is available for international students studying a full-time programme within the Global Academy of Agriculture and Food Security in the 2020 academic year.
The University of Edinburgh founded in 1582, is the sixth oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland’s ancient universities. The university is deeply embedded in the fabric of the city of Edinburgh, with lots of buildings in the historic Old Town belonging to the university.
Applicants who want to apply for this scholarship should have a very good command of English language.
Applicants must be nationals and residents of any country out with the UK and EU and be predisposed for the overseas rate of the tuition fees. Applicants must have applied for any BSc Agricultural Sciences programme offered by the Global Academy of Agriculture and Food Security commencing in the 2020 academic year. Applicants should have firmly accepted their offer of admission by the scholarship deadline of 31st May of the year of their application.
This scholarship is available for pursuing full-time Ph.D. Candidates within The Global Academy of Agriculture and Food Security and it will be awarded to study Agricultural Science (Animal Science to be precise) and Agricultural Science (Global Agriculture and Food Security).
The scholarship is worth £7,000 and is plausible for the period of your degree programme, subject to satisfactory progress. Only one scholarship is available, and the scholarship can be taken in the UK.
How to Apply
Eligible applicants ought to complete the online scholarship application.
University of Pretoria MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program (PhD and MCFSP) 2020 for study in South Africa (Fully Funded)
Application Deadline: August, yearly
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) aims academically qualified, yet economically underprivileged young people in South Africa, SADC and the rest of Africa, who will contribute to the transformation of the continent. Community service is an essential component of the Program with all students giving back to disadvantaged communities.
The identified scholars need to show a commitment to making a difference in their communities, having faced significant barriers to accessing and completing value tertiary education. The Program provides a wide-ranging scholarship, mentoring and counseling, academic support and access to work readiness ability.
For a candidate to be Eligible For this Programme, the candidate should:
- Be citizens from Sub-Saharan African country.
- Applicants should exhibit leadership potential and ought to be involved in a giving back project eg. in a community, at school, church, etc
- Come from economically deprived backgrounds and demonstrate financial destitution.
- Candidates should be first-time applicants as first-year students in the degree programme.
The MasterCard Foundation offers a fully-funded scholarship to a candidate who has applied for and been admitted to one of the following undergraduate study programmes at the University of Pretoria:
Faculty of Engineering
- BEng (Industrial Engineering)
- BEng (Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering)
- BEng (Chemical Engineering)
- BEng (Civil Engineering)
- BEng (Mining Engineering)
- BEng (Electronic Engineering)
- BEng (Electrical Engineering)BEng (Computer Engineering)
Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- BCom (Informatics)
- BCom (Accounting Science)
- BCom (Economics)
- BCom (Agribusiness Management)
- BCom (Financial Science)
Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- BScAgric (Plant Pathology)
- BScAgric (Animal Science)
- BScAgric (Food Science and Technology)
- BScAgric (Applied Plant and Soil Sciences
- BScAgric (Agricultural Economics/Agribusiness Management)
Master’s degree candidates from the above-listed fields might also apply.
Honour’s candidates will be considered if they are primed to commit and further Master’s degree.
Benefits of this Scholarship
For successful candidates, the programme will cover the following:
- a) Full tuition fees b) Meals c) Accommodation d) Books and printed material e) A modest monthly stipend f) Cost of one visa application for the duration of the study period. g) Travel costs (one return trip for the duration of the study period) h) Medical aid (Ingwe only)
Anne Vallee Ecological Fund Scholarship – Fund Support
The AVEF (Anne Vallée Ecological Fund) is offering two $1,500 (One thousand, Five hundred US Dollars) scholarships to support registered students in animal research at the master or doctoral level in a Québec or British Columbia University. Anne Vallée Ecological Fund is focused on supporting field research in animal ecology, in relation with the impact of human activities such as industry, fishing, agriculture and forestry.
Interested candidates are expected to complete their applications and forward it to:
Anne Vallee Ecological Fund
706 rue Routhier
Quebec, QC G1X 3J9
ENS International Selection Scholarships for International Students in France, 2020
Deadline: 19th October 2020.
Presently, the application is now open at École Normale Supérieure for Arts & Humanities and Sciences; this is a great opportunity for candidates that are eager to further their Studies under the above-listed courses.
Annually, ENS (École Normale Supérieure) organizes an international selection allowing the most promising international candidates, either in Science or in Arts and Humanities, to follow a Masters Degree and Diploma at the University.
The worth of this scholarship is 1,000 Euros (One thousand Euros) Monthly grant for three (3) years, the candidate will also be offered a room on one of the ENS campuses.
- Candidates should be under 26 years old when they apply.
- Candidates justify at least two years of undergraduate studies in a foreign university, on the 1st of September following admission.
- Candidates must not have lived in France for more than 10 months during the academic year of the selection nor the previous year.
- Candidates must justify at least one year of undergraduate studies awarded by a foreign university during the calendar year preceding the start of applications.
- Candidates must not have applied to the scholarship before.
As an exclusion, the Director of ENS could authorize the application of an applicant whose academic background outside France is not standard.
Click here for them to access the application form.
Undergraduate Scholarships at Earth University in USA, 2020 (Fully Funded)
Deadline: 30th November 2020
Offers are now available at The Leventis Foundation for Undergraduate Scholarship in Sustainable Agriculture to study at the Earth University Costa Rica for the year 2020. Applicants from Nigeria are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
The Leventis Foundation Nigeria was established in the year 1988 to take over and expand the work the “Nigeria Advisory Panel” of the A. G. Leventis Foundation which had been energetic since the year 1979.
In support of the Federal Government’s new Educational Programme with its emphasis on self-sufficiency in food production, the Foundation took a major policy decision in the year 1986 by selecting as its main goal the training of young farmers in modern agricultural methods.
This is a fully-funded scholarship, and it’s available for pursuing the undergraduate program, the scholarships will be awarded in Sustainable Agriculture.
Applicants from Nigeria are eligible to apply for these scholarships. Two scholarships are available and scholarship can be taken in USA (Costa Rica to be precise).
Candidates from Nigeria are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
To apply for this scholarship, applicants are expected to submit their application documents by scanning in PDF formats and then forward to our e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also fill out the application form online by following this Link and attach documents including; academic transcripts, a current passport-sized photograph, senior high school Certificates, and recommendation letters in PDF format as officially recognized and issued by the examining body in your country. Also, attach transcripts from any colleges/institutions you may have attended.
Attach additional certificates or recognition (if any, this is optional), out-of-format recommendation letters that you may consider as support for your quest for admission to EARTH University.
UQ PhD Scholarships for International Students in Australia (Masters/PhD) 2020
Deadline: 31st December 2020
UQ is pleased to welcome applicants to apply for the new UQ Ph.D. scholarships to support Category one (1) project grants to study in Australia. Australian and Permanent Residents or NZ citizens and International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship. This scholarship can be taken in Australia
UQ is a research-intensive institution in the top 50 universities worldwide, gifting choice and opportunity in undergraduate and postgraduate learning.
Candidates this scholarship will be obtainable to must have achieved an entry-level OP minimum of 11 or the equivalent if originating from another Australian state or territory or for returning students has a GPA of at least 4.0. This scholarship is available to pursue the Ph.D. programme.
Scholarship Award of a base stipend of $27,082 (Twenty-seven thousand and eighty-two USD) per annum, indexed annually, tuition fees, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). Candidates whose official language is not English would be required to present proof of proficiency in English by the University.
The Scholarship will be taken under the following Study
- Agribusiness, Agriculture, Environment, and Science
- Engineering, Architecture and Planning, and Information Technology
- Humanities, Education, Psychology, and Music
- Business, economics, and law (coming soon)
These scholarships are linked with recently awarded Category 1 projects. After inspecting your eligibility, follow the three steps below to apply.